It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Elvis French?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I think Elvis insecurities is what Surprised People the Most when they got know Elvis, and I think it is because he Showed so Much Power and Strength on Stage. :hug: I to think you posting these Articles are Great to do, Crystal Rose! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Uh-huh! :) :D

Quote:
I think Elvis insecurities is what Surprised People the Most when they got know Elvis, and I think it is because he Showed so Much Power and Strength on Stage.

That's true, they only saw Elvis on stage and how he appeared there; offstage he certainly didn't give that impression and maybe now, when his appearances specially backstage (On Tour, TTWII) you realize how nervous and jittery Elvis actually was, unfortunately some ignorant people choose to see this nervousness and assume it's "due to the drugs" he "must" have been taken :( :roll: :x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:54 pm 
Sun Dial

It's funny that someone brings up the french thing because when I see pictures of Elvis and his father, he looks like a lot of my swedish relatives. The blonde hair and blue eyes are huge, but the jaw line and other facial features have made me wonder. I do love that black hair though much better than the blonde.

Last edited by Laura on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis was very fair, the pale sky blue eyes that could be darker blue or with a greenish cast depending on the shirt or back ground- I think it weird that in so many photos his eyes are brown! Even some movies! And they were anything but brown! His eyes could be as bright blue as the blue of these colors on this page-rain washed blue I call it- his mood changed his eyes too. But lots of people's eyes do that-
It seems odd that in almost all the photos shown of him as a young boy or young man before he had a hit recording etc:....he doesn't smile much at all. I know when he was a young teen he had a chipped front tooth and said he "didn't like to smile because it showed".... he spoke of not having money for a dentist etc: and his momma was afraid it would "turn black" and ruin his looks. I think it must have been pretty small a chip-but if you look at the early photos of him on the Ed Sullivan show for instance, you can see that his front teeth are not as "pretty" as they become when he becomes an actor in Love Me Tender and in the photo's right before after RCA gets him and does albums... They had his teeth fixed better than they were done right after the "hit records" began going over well. At least, I think that, but I do not know for certain, only looked at the photos and noticed the lack of a smile when he was younger. His relatives say he was a cheerful young man, funny and liked to tease and make jokes etc:...even back then. He didn't change all that much they say, until his mother died and he went overseas and returned more serious and "kept things (feelings) to himself a lot more. That could have been because every word from his mouth seemed to be "twisted" by the reporters and press- according to Elvis. Every time he answered a question, it was the wrong thing to say etc:...so the Col. stopped letting him talk publicly...what a mistake I think that was... It appeared to me the press loved him when he was allowed to talk...they were as awed as any fan in his presence. Oh well, he "ain't lost it yet"- even today! wjh

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
It appeared to me the press loved him when he was allowed to talk...they were as awed as any fan in his presence.

I believe that, too!

I didn't know the fact about his front tooth, I never noticed it....Wanda, thank you for sharing your knowledge abou Elvis with us....even the little things!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I didn't know the fact about his front tooth, I never noticed it....Wanda, thank you for sharing your knowledge abou Elvis with us....even the little things!!!!

Me neither and add my thanks to our dear Wanda for your information! :) :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: No I didn't know about Elvis' Front Tooth either, now I could tell when Elvis did the Tommy Dorsey Show that Elvis' Teeth were in Bad shape. Here is a Picture, that Shows just how Fair Skinned Elvis was and how Thin he was to. :hug:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 am 
Sun Dial

Yes Wanda, I always found it weird that his eyes would show up brown sometimes. They almost look like colored contacts. It's kind of creepy looking when you realize that his eyes were mostly icy blue. My eyes are that icy blue, but they never appear brown.

They say that Elvis was also all gray in hair color very early. That is another scandinavian trait. I am blonde by nature, but I went gray early too ( in my thirties) just like my dad. Thank goodness for hair coloring or I would look twice my age. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I'm also very surprised with Elvis having Blue Eyes that at timed they looked Brown, I have heard that people with Hazel color Eyes will change color according to their Moods. Which I know by Experience since I have Hazel Eye Color, as for Graying Young doers that go for people that have Scottish Blood To Laura? Because I have some Scottish Blood and Irish, and Cherokee Indian, but my natural hair color is Dark Brown. But I have been going Gray since my Early 30s, and I'm still Dying my Hair. :hug:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very interesting ladies, thanks for your thoughts and feedback! :) :D :hello: :love:

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next