It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: this is beautifull
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:11 am 
Phoenix

appolgies if its already been on here but i stunbled on this on youtube recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1DqPoYf6Do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_TGoNWgySY

these made me cry but in a good cleansing way :hug: :hug: :hug:

Post subject: Re: this is beautifull
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:22 am 
Phoenix

this is another beautifull one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZusw8u05c

alltho i can see that to take Elvis back from gods arms would be unfair and selfish of us on earth
god bless you Elvis thankyou for the many good things youve given me , i hope i never let you down LOVE YOU ALLWAYS and forgive if i ever do make a mistake
assuring you of love and respect allways , ill always do my bit to love and protect youre memory and us fans too.
julie

Last edited by juliepresleyfan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I wish, but I know he's still "a round" and here to stay for "a while". So many people are trying to sing like him, not sound like him, but have done songs in ways that he probably would have done them. I like it when they do that, but I don't really care for those who try to "be" him because they never will capture it entirely-each is unique and Elvis was at the top of that list-no one can ever match that voice entirely, no matter how they try. But to each his own, I hope it brings them pleasure and comfort to be as close as they can make it, and if so, then it's okay. Elvis wouldn't mind, but as he would say, "if you're gonna do it, damn it, do it right!" He hated it when they'd mess up his moves... it was pretty funny how he'd fume. There was one younger guy around when he was here, he kind of liked it that he was out there doing him-and at least that guy did a pretty good job of his young Elvis stuff. wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I have seen a Picture of a Guy that was a Tribute Artist, that is at the Gate with Elvis and Elvis is Laughing his Butt off at how this guy as tried to look like him. I will have to try and find this picture, and post it. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 am 
Phoenix

yes im sure would be interesting to see Elvis with an inpersonator, ive allways called em irritators :lol: :lol:
At least Elvis had a good heart and knew that people might imitate him, but could accept as you say wanda that as long as it was done good, i wonder how many he met in his lifetime.
didnt i read that Freddie starr met him, ive got a biography book of freddie the uk comic of old, and in it he says he met elvis i think.

freddie isnt about on tv quite so much these days as he is a manic depresssive and has upset quite a few in tv, so he isnt on tv these days, but he does tour ive heard still .
i copied a bit from an old video of my mums once , where we had recorded freddie's tv show from 1980's , and put to dvd, i still have that disc even tho i cant now copy old tapes no more, i still got the disc, freddie impersonated elvis for laughs and partly serious , when he was being serious he was pretty good at him i must say, i dont know whether he still does elvis in his act now, prob not i dont know, but even tho freddie was a bit near the knuckle with humour , it does give you a chuckle to watch it now :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5smcVleIKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90fAuhQ3_6I
this is freddie singing with the jordanairs when he's being serious
i wonder what youd all think of it

Last edited by juliepresleyfan on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:09 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I know there is a Few Elvis Impersonators, that are Sincere. But I think there is a lot that are making Fun of Elvis, and are just Using Elvis to Make Money. Elvis has Enough People Using him, and Making Money off Him while he was Alive and Even Now. So to me these People are just What to Be's, so I don't what anything to do with any Elvis Impersonators. Even though Elvis didn't mind them, he even said like Wanda as just told us. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 am 
Phoenix

i do agree with you rose lyn, i call the impersonators IRRITATORS jus showing that most of em i dont like at all :lol:
but there are a few exceptions like DOUG CHURCH and SHAWN KLUSH plus a few others 1 or 2 .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes there is a a Very Few and Far in between, that are Sincere. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

There are very few and far between impersonators but the ones you mentioned, ladies, are ok and dear ole Freddie was a lot of fun; I liked his sincere tribute and also he was a funny comedian in his own right too! Specially he used to crack me up on the Des O'Connor shows! :) :lol:

I remember seeing Freddie when I was about 11 taking off English TV chef from the 70's, Fannie Craddock, and it was one of the funniest things I have, to date, ever seen on tv, so much so I was rolling around on the floor laughing! :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]