It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: BARBARA ERSKIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:03 am 
Phoenix

hi gals we got a leaflet through door yesterday about a book fair in basildon news leaflet,
and aunthors are coming to this event aparently , and i saw a picture of a book sue kindly gave me not long ago by BARBARA ERSKIN daughters of fire, coincedence , ive just started reading that one
well aparently BARBARA ERSKIN is going to be one of the authors in this event, so i gets excited and checks on my pooter for tickets .
but she sold old bum :roll: :( :( :(
shame i imagine that would be fun too, it would be chelmsford library i think but not quite sure, i didnt know barbara erskin is a essex girl, all this time and i never knew that lol :)

shame i might of got sues book signed too :( :(
oh well not to worry

Post subject: Re: BARBARA ERSKIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:14 am 
Phoenix

Barbara Erskine excited by Essex Book Festival return

The author will be talking about her new novel
Local author Barbara Erskine has said she was glad to be appearing again at the Essex Book Festival.

The popular writer will be talking about her latest novel, 'Time's Legacy' at Wickford Library on Wednesday, 24 March at 2pm.

It will be Barbara's third year as one of the festival patrons.

She told BBC Essex: "It's a fantastic festival. It's widespread, in that it's not a festival that is in one place, it goes all over the county."

"I enjoy it very much, it gets such super audience," said Barbara.

The event will see her talk about her books and writing in general.

"I've got to start thinking of new things to talk about," she said.

"In this case it will be about six weeks before my new book is published, so I shall be talking about it."

The Essex author will not be giving too much away about the plot, but will explain how she researched the material and possibly be reading an extract.

"I always maintain that you get two for the price of one in my books, because there are two stories. One in the past and one in the present," she said.

"Researching the historical part takes some time. Weaving the stories together is quite complicated," she added.

The book festival runs throughout March, with the official launch at Chelmsford Library on Thursday, 4.

Last edited by juliepresleyfan on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 am 
Phoenix

oh just a quickie ladies heres link to the authors website

http://www.barbara-erskine.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thanks For Sharing Julie! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 am 
Phoenix

actually i have tried to read one of her books, but cant seem to get on with it, im sure they good , but ive moved on to my beaches book right now, its great story too bit different from film .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hope you enjoy the book of the film, "Beaches", Julie! Have seen the movie but I think they can put MORE in the book, the movies always seem to have to be edited some.

Oh well, Barbara Erskine is not for all.... sometimes I agree it takes a while to get into them, some stories can start out slow and pick up as you read them some.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:41 pm 
Phoenix

dont worry none sue,if we all liked same things,life would be confusing lol, i guess as my sis also said recently, and youve echoed too, that some books dont always connect with some people.
and yes thanks the beaches book alltho different is quite absorbing and im enjoying it, i might give the barbara erskin book another go someday, its the fact that the two stories keep chopping and changing back and forth are just a little too much for my delicate senses at mo lol

ive wanted the beaches book for years and only just got it, to my surprise tho there is a part two , when it tells of when cee cee bloom is guardian to hilarys daughter after her best friend died in first book.
i cant wait to get to second one thats a whole new thing to me, i love the film myself as i believe all who watch it take something away from it in the end, something that connects to them in particular maybe, positive feelings of hope
regards julie

ALL IS NOT LOST TO ONE WHO STILL RETAINS FAITH IN LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP, FOR ALL SOULS

Last edited by juliepresleyfan on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Hi, wanted to update on the two neighbors below us who were having serious problems.

Robert, the one who was injured in a car wreck that killed his mother, and broke his legs, knees and other bones severely, is back home now and WALKING with a cane...he can even drive his car! He had to return to the hospital last with illness, they discovered he had a kinked gut and also that he had the beginning stages of intestional cancer...had he not had to go in they would not have found it in time to make a big difference. He will be fine, no cancer as it had not spread etc:... And he didn't have to do chemo either.
So, he has his mother angel watching over her only son, and he will be fine and strong soon.
Our lady neighbor with the strange illness, is doing much better...she had a bacterial infection and it had just about done her in. She is out side and driving her car after months of not being able to do much of anything. When I told her a few days past, that I would put her name on our prayer list on the internet site, she lit up like a light bulb was turned on inside, and her eyes filled with tears. She was so happy, I told her we had members from all over the world, she would be prayed for in at least 14 languages, I was sure. It makes such a difference for people in need to know that there is someone, somewhere out there who truly cares...enough to pray for them. Hope is a wonderful aid in curing what ails us...it is as Elvis said, "an act of love...and love is llife it's self."
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 pm 
Phoenix

that is so great wanda to hear some positive news at last thanks for sharing, so glad those two people were helped even tho it came from a accident did you say, god bless its always great when things go well
love julie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for the positive news regarding your neighbours, dear Wanda, and for sharing with us the latest! Much appreciated! :) :P :D

Quote:
When I told her a few days past, that I would put her name on our prayer list on the internet site, she lit up like a light bulb was turned on inside, and her eyes filled with tears. She was so happy, I told her we had members from all over the world, she would be prayed for in at least 14 languages, I was sure. It makes such a difference for people in need to know that there is someone, somewhere out there who truly cares...enough to pray for them. Hope is a wonderful aid in curing what ails us...it is as Elvis said, "an act of love...and love is llife it's self."

really beautiful and very touching! Again, many thanks for sharing! :P :) :hello: :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]