It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: touched by love and more
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 am 
Phoenix

hi ladies ive just found that on saturday there is a good film on tv in the evening, The story of BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE, while i have DEE BROWN'S BOOK of same name, ive always wanted to see it, so if all goes well im going to try and record it to a dvd disc.
but i was wondering if i do , would anyone wanna borrow it to see it atall.
i could lend it around and each soul could then pass it on to the next, and so on, so fancy it ladies, if you want to see it, let me know who wants to be first to borrow it, i dont mind and it would seem a good fun idea, so what you think ladies who's first then once ive recorded it,

and ive had a sort of of sorts lol :lol: :lol: , so ive decided that if anyone would like it they are welcome to my copy of TOUCHED BY LOVE that a good friend sent me on dvd disc,
i still like the movie but its a short one isnt it and ive just decided that , and ive seen it more than enough times , so if anyone would like it, sort it out amongst yourselves and get back to me
love julie

ps and i have a feeling that the american indian epic might be liked as well so get back to me on that ladies if youve a want to lol
love julie sharon rose

Last edited by juliepresleyfan on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: touched by love and more
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:04 am 
Phoenix

i didnt sadly get to record the indian film as i nodded off , lol
sorry ladies , but then i dont think anyone wanted anyway lol
take care julie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm 
Flame

This's the movie "Touched by love"

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PewefB1wjlY

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3bqOIVf ... ure=relmfu

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRkPhKb ... ure=relmfu

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Xva1mx ... ure=relmfu

Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4UCvm9h ... ure=relmfu

Part 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zow6OJPt ... ure=relmfu

Part 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qLeW45 ... ure=relmfu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Julie, good to hear from you again! How are you doing?

Thanks Liliane for the Touched by Love links & Julie for your offer to send your copy. I'm sure there are some who have not yet seen it. I saw the movie a couple years ago.

Happy Easter everyone. :) (A)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: A VERY HAPPY EASTER JULIE AND LAURIE, AND LILIANE! I have heard this Story before, and I'm going to Down Load all of this Movie to watch Later. Thank You so Much Liliane for Sharing!Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 am 
Flame

To Elvis, with love by Lena Canada

A touching true story of a sick and lonely girl's devotion ot a very special friend and how it transformed her life.

I would like to share some part of the book "Touched by love" by Lena Canada.

Page 142-143

As it turned out, I never got a chance to write and thank the Hollywood correspondant before we heard from her again. Two days later, the mailman importantly handed Karen a postcard, depicting the famous intersection at Hollywood and Vine. It read

Dear Karen,
Miracle of all miracles! I called today and spoke to Elvis himself on the phone. I told himself on the phone. I told him all about you and he was enormously touched to know that you love him so much. He said he would like to send you something , and I gave him your address.
Love
Marianne

Page 135

It was going to be a good Chrstmas.
A day or two later, the mailman brought Karen a Chrstmas present. The box was big and beautiful.
With trembling hands, Karen unwrapped her gift. The layers of brightly colored holiday paper fell aside and revealed the biggest, brownest, cuddliest teddy bear ever. Stuck to his soft, funny tummy was scribbled note that read:

My name is Teddy, and I come a long way to wish you a very merry Chrstmas! Elvis Presley.

Dear Elvis,

Thank you so very much for the teddy bear that you send me. He is beautiful. He sit on my bed, and every time I look at him I think about you. I never had my own teddy bear before, ans since you gave me him to me, he is very special. Thank you again.

Most of all, thank you for being my friend. I always knew we would be friends someday. I really did write you several letters. I knew something was wrong when you did not answer. Now, I am so happy that we can wirte to each other. It means so much to me. I like you very much. I know everything about you already. You asked me to tell you something about myself. I am almost nine ald I live in a boarding school because I have cerebral palsy. I cannot walk so I have to use a wheelchair. I exercice every day. I don't think I am too pretty, but I hope that won't make any difference. Perhaps we could be friends. anyway? I think that you so handsome ans so kind and I am really very happy that you did write. Thank you again.
Love, Karen

Dear Karen,

This is written in a big hurry, because I don't have much time but I wanted to thank you for your letter. I feel that you know you better already and I sure want to be your friend. Pretty has nothing to do with it. Believe me. I see pretty ladies all the time and it get to be bore. Being real is what counts, and I can tell that you are. I'm on my way to Nashville to cut a record. If it turns okay, perhaps I will send you one. In the meantime, I hope you will write again so that I have a letter from you by the time I return to L.A. Take care of Teddy.
Love, Elvis Presley

Page 158

It did not take long before a regular pattern of correspondance had developped. Every now and then, unexpected packages and present were delivered. Records, photographs, T-shrts - always with the same lovely message: "To my friend Karen, from Elvis Presley".

Dear Elvis,

Thank you for your letter and pictures. I was so surprised. I especially liked the one with the monkey. He looked so funny. I understand how busy you are. If you are too busy, you don't have to write. But if you have a moment, it would be nice to hear from you. It doesn't matter if it is short. I understand. I really do. I would like to send a present too, but it is hard for me to get to the store.

I am listenning to one of your records while I am writing this and I am so proud to know you. I haven't told anybody that I know you. I like to have your friendship for my very own secret. I hope you don't mind. Houw did it go in Nashville ? I just know you did a great job as usual. You always do. So far, you haven't made any records that I didn't like. I even saw you in a movie once. That's when I knew we would be friends, and look what happened ! If you are too tired when you come back home, don't even bother to write. I love you anyway.
Karen

My friend Karen:
I was pleased to return to L.A. and find not only one but two letters from you. You said you are happy to be my friend. Well, let me tell you something. It is just as important to me to have you for my friend and I am very proud to know you. You sound like some outstanding little girl ! it is OK with me if we keep it a secret. It's really noboby else's business but yours and mine anyways, right?

Nashville was hectic and I'm exhausted but it was good being back home for a while. I had a nice visit with my family in Memphis. I'm glad you liked Scatter. He is a chimp - lots of fun and a lots of trouble! Will tell you more about him later. Right now, I'm going to eat something and go to bed. Hope you understand.
Write soon, Elvis Presley

To my friend Elvis:

How are you ? It has been a while since I heard from you and I hope you are not sick, only busy. I am doing fine. I have been thinking a lot about what I could send you, but I guess you have everything already. Is there anything special you would like ? I have drawn some pictures of you. There are not good, I am afraid but I send them anyway. My hands are stiff and shaky and it is hard for me to do a really good job. I did the best I could because I wanted to give you something. You have given me so much ! I am so grateful for all the presents and I love you very much if that means anything. I hope it does. Have you cut some records ? I got the ones you send me and they were wonderful! You cannot buy those records here yet, so it is really something special ! If you have a minute, please let me know that you are well and that we still friends.
All my love, Karen

God Bless You, Thanks Elvis

Dear Elvis:

Thank you for your short note. I know now that you are busy. I don't mind, just as long as we are still friends. I wonder if you are making more records or if you are doing a picture ? There is not much happening here. I always have a lot of time. Sometimes we go for walks, and I like that very much. Do you ? I also spend a lot a time listening to your music and lookong at your presents. I wish I could come and visit you someday. Perhaps you could come here ? That really surprise everybody!
I am sending you a picture of myself so you will know what I look like. Do you think I should cut my hair ? If you think so, the I will do it.
It is getting late and I have to go to bed now. I will write you again tomorrow. Remember that I will be your friend and I love you very much.
Karen

My friend Karen,

Thanks for letters and pictures. And I throught you say you were not pretty!!! I'm so glad you like my records. Music is very important in a lot of ways. you know. If you are happy or sad, it always seems to help. No matter waht language you speak, yu can always understand music. I think you know what I mean. I just finished playing football with Scatter and some of my friends. You can imagine how that game went! I'm starting a movie and expect to be pretty busy. Don't worry too much if you don't hear frome me for a while. Don't cut your hair ! I like it just the way it is. Keep writing, though! We will stll be friends.
Elvis P.S. I love you, too.

It is fascinating to explore any new friendship, only perhaps slightly more so when your friend ins world-famous entertainer. Litlle by little, we discovered the man behind the star. He was honest and unsophisticated with a taste for a simple and down-to-earth ingrediens in life: good friends, home cookings, and music.

"My friend Karen"- that was how he referred to her, time and again in his letters. It was almost as if he wanted to remind himself that somewhere ou there, among his millions of fans, there was one who asked taht he accept her friendship. I had always hear that life at the top was lonely. Now I learned exactly how miserable and lonely it really like.

Karen blossomed. With each passing day, with each new letter from Elvis, she became softer, warmer, even more feminine.

For each letter she received from Elvis, Karen sent him four.

Perhaps even surprised. The innocent country boy with his close family ties, deep religious feelings, and good sense of humor was still there, despite Hollywood's efforts to turn him into a sex symbol, and a money machine.

I did not wake up until well into the night. The darkness was black and inpenetrable, ans silence was endless around us. The Brown House was sound asleep.

But she did not respond and when I tried to shake her limp, lifeless body there was no longer any doubt.

I stared at her face, so peaceful, so completely happy. Her smile was gentle ans serene. The girl that nobody want has come a long way. The good Lord has been with us. He had given us the miracle of Elvis Presley. Now he had shown the infinite measure of his goodness peak ans wisdom. He had taken Karen to the highest peak of happiness. He had allowed her fulfillement of her dream, and taken her away before any letdown or disappointment.

Now until I was safely on my train did I look at the letter I had taken of Karen's hand, and felt the first teardrop on my face. There, in uneven, scaggly little letters, she had spelled out:
To Elvis with love....

Last edited by Liliane on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

He was so tender of the heart, the spirit and the soul-a man who knew grace and love and shared with everyone he met...even by letter. He managed to write
to a lot of people, kids, grown ups and anyone who needed someone like him he
said, to brighten their day. Everyone he said, needs to have something to look
forward to, someone to love and someone who loves them. He went on to say
over the years we were so lucky to have, that now well known note he wrote
that says what we need, Some to love, Something to do and something to look
forward to. So true. That little girl and so many other kids like her, shared a
wonderful time with Elvis Presley on their minds, in their hearts.
thanks Liliane for posting those beautiful letters from those two wonderful hearts.
GO BACK UP FOLKS, AND CHECK OUT THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE! YOU WILL
SMILE RIGHT TO THE HEART!
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Elvis just Loved to Love People, and he Loved Being Loved by People. No Matter want might have been going on in his own Life, when Some One Needed him like this Little Girl he was There. He Never was To Busy, or had Some One Else more Important to be with. I so Hope that where Elvis is Now, he Knows Now Why he was Made to Be Elvis Presley and what he was Meant to do here. :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm 
Flame

The story didn't end there. I like what she wrote after their time at the Brown House. And she begin to think about new life in California.

In the Epilogue she write:

Two years after Karen's death. I still had not quite figuring out how to continue my life without her.

Perhaps if I got away, if I started all over in a brand new environnement, everything would be different ? Los Angeles was as good a place as any. Elvis live there. So did Marianne, the Hollywood correspondant. People said the opportinuties were limitless in southern California.

I took and appartment in Westwood and enrolled at ULCA. Soon I made friends, brought a car, ans started to feel at home in my new environnement.

I started writing about her. I did not want to forget. The story of Keran was too rare and too beautiful ot ever be forgetten. Later at night, while the rest of the world was asleep around me, I sat at the typewritter and relived our time together.

One night I decided as I often did, to make one final turn pas Elvis's home on Pergua Way before going home.

The Hollywood correspondant was the one who informed him of her death, and his letters stopping coming. Something intuitive told me that Karen took a little bit ou of his life, when she died.

I turned my head and looked at the dark figure by my side. There, within reach of my arm through the open car window, stradded across a large Harley-Davidson, and dressed in blakc from top to toe, was Elvis himself. Slowly, perhaps feeling my stare, he turned to look at me. There were the familiar features I had become so well acquainted with. There was the face that Karen and I both had loved. There was serousness written about his lips. His hands fiddled restlessly on the handlebars. And deep in his eyes was sadness and pain.

I had gathered up my old writing about Karen and sent it to a literary agent in New York for consideration. To my surprise, he had called me only a week before with the exciting news that he believed that hw would be able to sell it for publication. At last, I would be able to tell Elvis the whole story of Karen. I owed him much more that gratitude. Perhaps I would be able to finally do something in return. There were rumors about his involvement with drugs, young firs, and drinking. I, like so many other of his fans, was angrily, refusing to believe them.

I was going to show the world what Elvis was really like, what a good man he was. It was the least I could do for him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Liliane Thank You for Posting the Rest if the Loving and Touching Story, and for Showing what the Man Elvis Presley was A Sensitive Loving Person and Not the Drugged Up Out of Touch Don't Care about Any Body But Him Self Hermit. :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next