It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: hi ladies jesus progs on good friday
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 am 
Phoenix

hi ladies ive just noticed that there are a few JESUS progs on tv over easter,
good friday bbc 1 9.pm THE DAY JESUS DIED historian Bettany hughes examines the meaning of jesus christs death on the cross.

might watch and record this i guess they mean they are looking at it on a religious meaning level, i always get upset when that bit occurs in the great movie jesus of nazareth, understandibley, wonder if thats on this year my tv book only covers up good friday.

and the religious epic THE ROBE is on channel 4 1pm till 3.25 a good film ive seen it before , i actually always have loved the religious epics, so might record this one too, 1953 richard burton.
then theres

1.15 am JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR with ted neely and carl anderson
its the one thats a musical isnt it.
about a coach load of hippies who drive to a remote spot and re enact the jesus story amid some pretty good musical numbers .
actually i kind of like this one if you ignore the bits where they get off coach and get back on at end , its a usuall jesus film , i think its been done in theatres hasnt it, i believe i read david essex played him once.

still cant beat robert powells powerfull rendition, and last years jesus made for tv movie which i recorded on my old dvd recorder sucessfully, all bits about 3 or 4 episodes, not bad actually .
i hope jesus of nazareth comes on again this year, some folks seem to forget the true meaning of easter , and the darn easter eggs seem to take first place in childrens eyes.
my mum used to buy me and my sis a bar of choc, or those hard shell choc eggs that have a bullet hard thick covering and look like real eggs, prefered those dont see em now wish they did lol

anyway when it gets here have a great easter ladies ,

Post subject: Re: hi ladies jesus progs on good friday
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 am 
Phoenix

well ive also found the film the ten commandments on tv the day before, im hoping to record that too lol.
im enjoying recording different bits and pieces lately, i recorded my fave episodes of dr who last night lol

never was a fan initially but ive kind of got into it, through a mutual friend, whom sadly i no longer have contact with :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
so far ive got 2 episodes, and next week david tenants last episodes ever are on so god willing i will add them to the disc, and watch it all in one go, tee hee, kind of a dr who fest :D :lol: :lol: if you know what i mean :lol: , and the show that goes behind the scenes of his last episode, too, neat :lol:

i found i enjoyed last nights instalment, kind of quirky with a good sense of humour tee hee, but it actually fun to watch .

i was planning to share it with my friend after watching it, but thats fallen through so i guess its back to the old drawing board, i think my friend on facebooks hubby likes dr who so i may ask him if he wants it maybe, it must be hard to get in usa, i will have a think about it anyway theres time no rush.

better head today which is a blessing, dont feel very well lately, i guess thats parr for the course, will have to up my praying wont i :D , and my great friend debs, she definitely has cancer, i am praying for her too, i hope god hears me .
why does bad things happen to good people i will never prob know
anyway ladies i must be oft love you all
respects julie sharon rose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for sharing all the programs on over Good Friday and Easter, Julie, I will see what I can for sure. Jesus Christ Superstar is a good musical, and I also, like you, like 'Jesus of Nazareth' with Robert Powell who is a very good actor! Sounds like you've been busy with various things, young lady, and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for not feeling very well too!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 am 
Phoenix

would like to see you best back in my postbox suey lol
gotta give me something for my cheek but thanks for thought anyway it will have to do :( :( :( humph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 am 
Phoenix

hi sue was just thinking about you yep i still do sorry lol, but had quite powerfull vision this morning with laurie and elvis , was really something made me feel better anyway and laurie too i think, i hope you dont mind but i saw you in a dress similar to mine and lauries but dif colour to ours which were same, would put on here if indeed anyones interested.

was really great and comforting to us both, i cant help it i still feel sad that we are no longer in contact, but the vision has given me strength to let you go, and even tho giving up my best bud is abhorrant to me, i must do it for both our sakes, i hope you will understand that i never wanted to split from you.

i just hope you didnt dump me cause you hate me or anything as im sure i never did anything that made you feel that, :hello: :hello: , i get feeling that youve been wading through some heady stuff recently that you never imparted to me, i could have helped and would of you must know that.

im kind of hoping that you just needed a break from all things and it was not my fault atall, but youve left me with questions that now cant be answerd by you or you dont want to, i would appreciate very much if you would explain what i did to cause the break, as im going stir crazy trying to rack my brains, can you not understand how i would feel, or did the thought not occur to you atall.

i hope youre the same old sue i came to trust and care for, im sure you are, you are sure well loved on here by me still too, but i felt strangely cut off from the ELC as well as you, but this mornings vision has indeed helped me to feel that im not cut off from the ELVIS LIGHTED CANDLE And ELVIS WHO WAS IN OUR VISION :hug:
it was a beautifull vision which has helped me a great deal, i was indeed worried about what elvis thought of me, but this vision has proved i am still a part of this site, and that he still rates me as part of it too, and helped me let you go, i must do this as it is needed,

:hello: :love:
so hi all my vision showed us all and indeed the circle of ELC is forever unbroken and still around for us all
What Elvis and GOD united let no one person put asunder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I would be interested to read more of your vision, Julie, for sure. I don't wish that you feel as if you're cut out or from ELC, please be free and welcome to post here whenever you wish, it's a shame some of the other ladies cannot be here as much as used to as well as myself, sometimes it's just one of those things, you know?

Sure, I have been going through some heady things during the last few months but I was always concerned that you had a lot going on in your life including your own health problems and other stuff (I won't mention more here but think you know what I mean re your uncle etc; I promised you I'd keep this confidential and I will continue to do so) so thought best not to trouble or bother you with problems relating to my own health or those relating to my Dad's sister's husband; I know you always tried to help those you were close to but I guess part of not writing to you anymore was feeling I couldn't truly help you and kind of feeling helpless, not knowing what to say or do that could change anything, hope you're able to follow me in this respect?

I never told you that last year I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, later on in the year and for a while that threw me; I'd managed to lose quite a bit of weight but over Christmas and certainly over Easter, this has proved a definite challenge specially as I'd always loved chocolate beforehand! I realise you are entitled not to care after the way I've ignored you, wouldn't blame you if you didn't, honestly! However, instead of asking for your help/advice, knowing you are also diabetic, I thought not to trouble or bother you, realise that's really pretty foolish now, thinking about it!

So, I understand you wishing to make the break from me and that's fine if that's how you feel, but hoping we can at least, in ELC, keep contact if by no other way and as I say, please feel free to post here whenever you should wish to. I just can't guarantee as and when others will choose to come here and post also if you don't mind that?

take care and best wishes, Sue

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]