It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello Evevryone-It's me, Laura
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm 
Sun Dial

Gee, I haven't been around for quite a while. I am glad to be here now though. Finally winter is over and spring is bringing renewal. I love springtime. It always brings me renewed hope that warmer weather is right around the corner. I hate the cold. My bones hate the cold even more. I go into a hibernation in the winter. When sprintime comes I shed the layers of heavy clothing and basque in the warmth of the sun that rises further into the sky each day.

We just got back from Hawaii again. That's one way to combat the winter blues. One day we hope to live there, but we would need to win the lottery first and we all know what those odds are. Haha! I had two bulging disks in my lower back that happened last January and as a result I became very depressed, so my husband booked this trip for me. It helped immensly. My back feels almost as good as new. There is nothing like the bright sunshine to heal what ails you.

I have missed all of you so much. I won't let so much time elapse again before I post again. This site and the people here are too important to me for me to slip away like that.

Anyway, I am back and just wanted to say hello to all my friends here. :hug:

Post subject: Re: Hello Evevryone-It's me, Laura
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to have you back! And that your back is feeling good again! That would be awful to experience! I haven't been here that much either, but I am feeling so much better now also. I gave up all wheat of any sort, everything that has it in it also and it seems to have been one of the major problems. That and my immune system is not overworking as it had been doing. Anyway, spring is here and everything is blooming-us 'uns too! Good deal.
Things have changed around here, not so many posting and sometimes kind of slow, but there are lots of people who can't get on after they have been activated so am waiting to hear from the host site as they fixed it once before. This happens when the site is down for mainteance or something.
I can't get spell check to work on emails so over look my fast "spelling" like I think I just made one...but what the heck. no time to check now.
I'm glad that there are a few more people posting, I feel bad to have let it slide so much for such a long while.
I have just about finished all the new manuscript for Face to Face and will be posting it on a website soon for anyone to download or read, for free. That way it will be available to the world...I will make a cd for those who can't download it or have trouble reading it. At least I will if i'm not swamped by hundreds of requests...that might be a problem. I am going to make a bunch up in advance just in case there are a lot who can't. I still have to insert the photo pages and then get it in line to post. I am looking for a website host to keep it serviced since I am a dud when it comes to tech stuff.
My goal is to make everything we know about Elvis available, especially his spiritual side and his "lectures" and thoughts and his sense of humor too. Of course also, the caring and tender side of him will be part of that. It is the least we can do, and once done, I will feel like I have done all I can in his behalf. So that's what I've been doing while you were in Hawaii and suffering blown disks... I think I probably had a better time...hee-hee, at least for part of that!
I heard that Hawaii has now 14 underwater volcano's going-that is a lot.
Iceland's just got the one and it's causing havoc...at least Hawaii's is mostly under water although the poison gas fumes have caused some problems to plants, birds and animals in some areas. Maia had to keep windwos and door shut a few times where they live but the wind usually does not blow it their way.
Take care, glad you are back. you'll have lots to catch up on! wjh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Laura I'm so Happy to see you back with us, and I know all to will what your going through with your Back Problems and can't stand the Cold weather. But as you said the Warm weather is here, and you and me both won't hurt as Much. So like Our Dear Lady Wanda said, you have some catching up to do. :love:

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi, Laura! Welcome back! Great to see you back at ELC and so glad to know your back is as good as new after your trip to Hawaii! Have been there also, which part did you go to if I may ask? I stayed on Oahu and also Kauai (my favorite island) for a week, could stay there if I won the lotto too! A big welcome on your return! :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm 
Sun Dial

Wow, it is so good to hear from you all again. Everyone sounds so chipper now that spring is here! I feel like I have come back home again. All of you are like snuggling into a cozy blanket on a cold winter day!

On this visit to Hawaii I was on Maui and Lanai. We really consider Maui our home away from home. It always feels so good to land back on that island again. We just go to rest. This was our twenty-forth trip back to the islands, so we know them all well. I can't believe we have never been to the Big island yet. I just haven't had the desire to go to that island. They are all so different from each other. The Big island is the only one we haven't been to. The last time we went to Kauai, Maui and Oahu. I adore the chickens on Kauai, Upcountry Maui is breathtaking and the North Shore of Oahu is god's blessing to that island. I know the peace Elvis felt while there.

Well ladies, it's SO good to hear from you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm sure Maui and Lanai must be just as wonderful in their own ways and you certainly sound like you love Hawaii as a whole, totally understandable! :D :D
I didn't stay on Big Island but went on a day trip, an eleven hour coach trip round the whole island so one might say I'm well acquainted with it! :wink: :P I would most certainly recommend that to you too as and when you have the chance to visit again! :) :D

Certainly, yes, everyone seems and feels more Spring-like here at the moment and summer's on its way! I love the comment about being with us here on ELC, thanks for sharing! :hello: :hug: :D

with love and best wishes, Sue

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]