It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Back After A Long Time
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 pm 
Phoenix

Hi Ladies, I am back after a long absence due to family troubles - Barbara got in touch and she spurred me on to get back here!
Last month I took my daughter to see 'Elvis In Concert' in Glasgow. What an experience it was - we were staying in the same hotel as the band and singers. We met Terry Blackwood, Sherman Andrus, Joe Guercio, Joe Moscheo, Myrna Smith, Glen D Hardin, shared an elevator with James Burton and Ronnie Tutt - goodness me, I sound like a name-dropper! There was such a good atmosphere in the hotel, a feeling of togetherness in the love and respect everyone had for Elvis.
The concert itself was amazing, the sound quality was great, the musicianship was fantastic but at the same time I could not help feeling a little sad because our man, Elvis, was not there physically but I am sure he was there in spirit. The Imperials were spine-tingling while singing Sweet, Sweet Spirit - the crowd were spellbound. If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it!
My daughter is about to turn 9 years old and I am glad that her very first concert experience was an Elvis one! She will never forget it and nor will I. She keeps telling people that when we talked to Terry Blackwood he said "It was real nice to meet you too, Sweetie" and she tries to copy his accent!
Anyway, hope you are all well and I hope to get back into the 'swing of things' soon.
Best wishes, Marian :hug:

Post subject: Re: Back After A Long Time
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hey Marian!

Welcome back, dear friend! :) :hello: :hug: Great to hear from you and so glad you and your daughter enjoyed the Glasgow concert! Myself and about 6 Elvis fan friends attended the Birmingham concert back in March and 100% agree with you that the experience comes highly recommended! Awesome show and I love the way they use 'Google Earth' to spot-location the particular areas to where the concert venue is too! 'Sweet Sweet Spirit' is a beautiful rendition and "How Great Thou Art" was incredible too as was the whole show!

I'm sorry to hear your troubles, Marian, and my very best to you!,

Always Elvis, Sue

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:31 pm 
Phoenix

:hello: Thanks so much, Sue, for your kindness :hug:
As for my troubles, for a while I was so wrapped up in worry that I could not think straight about anything but we have made some positive moves towards remedying the problems - just hope and pray that we come through it all in one piece.............
Love Marian

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Marian! You're so very welcome! :hello: :hug: :love: I'm glad that you've been able to move forward in some respects with your problems, it's difficult to do so when your mind is going over so much with everything you need to do, keeping you and your family in my prayers and thoughts for sure! best wishes, dear friend! :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Marian I'm So Happy to see you, and that I know in seeing the Elvis Concert Helped you in Feeling Better. Rest Assured you are in my Prayers, and Please keep coming to ELC. :hug:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That goes for me too, ladies! :) :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :wink: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:29 pm 
Phoenix

Thanks! My worries feel a little less now I have shared them with you - it is a comfort to me to know I can get in touch with you here :hug:

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Mariam, so glad to hear you are doing better with things now, and back on again! Please do feel free to come here; all of us will help in any way we can, prayers included. I am a firm believer in prayer and group prayer is even a stronger bond. Best of luck and good things for you and yours.
Love and faith,
wjh

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:27 am 
Phoenix

:hello: Thank you so much, Wanda ................. it means a great deal to me.
I have got a whole lot of catching up to do here on ELC! :hug:
Love Marian

Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next