It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: SHAME ON TOM JONES!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:x This makes me mad......Tom Jones Ridicules Elvis On National UK TV:
Brian Quinn reports on Tom Jones disappointing Elvis fans on UK TV ahead of the concert.Brian Quinn,, "I have just finished watching Tom Jones on the Paul O'Grady Show (ITV) and yet again Tom Jones had to ridicule Elvis. He told the 'shower' story and then related h...ow Elvis went into the toilet immediately afterwards and had to call Red West to come and help him pull up his leather trousers. To add insult to injury Paul O'Grady suggested that if Jones had kept some of Elvis' excrement it would now be worth a lot of money. Jones merely laughed. This gave a very poor impression of Elvis. Tom Jones should be ashamed of himself for treating his former 'pal' in such a manner and on national television at that. He will not be getting any applause from me on Sunday. And yes, surprise, surprise, he will be singing the Elvis track 'Run On' (Jones latest single) at the Concert". :x

Post subject: Re: SHAME ON TOM JONES!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Tom Jones probably doesn't know the details of Elvis' health problems...he had those most of his life...they became worse after he got older. Dr. Nicks book
reveals more details than anyone has ever told... Elvis said his life was "a miracle" and it was...more than we will ever know...but he lived it, he knew.
Jones needs all the press he can get, if he said what he did to "ridicule", I doubt it, he just told a story and sometimes doing that can sound callous and come
of differently than people might intend. And too, it's difficult to think about
ELVIS having to use the john at all, much less having "human" difficulties doing
so...huh... I told him when discussing Wild In The Country- I'd never seen it
before...that I thought that might be the first time I ever saw a scene when
someone went into a bathroom to take a bath and the actual tub was shown etc:...and then he grabbed Tuesday and pulled her in there!!!! To much SEX on film....he just about giggled his head off over it...and said finally, "Yah, they almost didn't include it in and shortened it down to just a closed door and
her complaining... HE would have liked for it to show a little more, like him
grabbing her for a kiss or something, then the door shut...he said they "fimmed"
more of the scene but then cut it down to that to keep it a "family thing".
Back then, that was a "racy" movie actually.... and he said it almost wasn't
but he, Hope and Millie kept saying how this or that ought to be in as it was
intricate to the plot etc....and theme. It is actually a good film, he does an
excellent job and I can't understand why it was treated so lightly when it
came out. I didn't see it for years...not until some time after I met him...I had
not seen ANY of his films at that time...only a few minutes of the first part of
Flamming Star! Amazing when I think of it now, what the heck did I do back
then? I had a husband, child and animals...I guess...good grief even!
Anyway, Mr. Jones will face Elvis again some day...Elvis thought him to be a
friend and liked him, even "excused" him for having a "mistress" and saying his
wife was a "wonderful lady, and good for Tom in this business" and marveled that they stayed together and were happy to do so...under the circumstances. Maybe wishing that were true for himself...
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Maybe Tom didn't know about Elvis' Health, but still he should know enough about Elvis that if the Shoe were on the other Foot. That Elvis would have never said anything like that about :love: Jones. Yes I have that Movie " WILD IN THE COUNTRY " and Lordy the Ole Mind of Mine does come up with some Ideas in Wondering want went on behind that Closed Door, when Elvis Grabs Tuesday's Arm. :P

Last edited by Rose-Lyn on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm 
Rainbow

I agree Rose Lynn, Tom Jones should never have said that on national TV. But then Tom Jones was always known as a big head and self promoter. Nothing seems to have changed, he tries to make himself look good at the expense of Elvis' dignity. It just makes me angry Tom Jones singing Gospel :!: Well 'Run On' has very strong lyrics for adulterers so Mr Jones should take note. Has he had a sudden conversion or at 70 does he see death coming closer? He can't hold a candle to Elvis and never will :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]