It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis as Mr. Potato Head coming out in stores soon
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

A jumpsuit version & black leather version will be available.

Opinions, comments anyone?

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Elvis as Mr. Potato Head toy in time for Christmas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm sorry, Laurie, I can't see the picture? :oops: Though my guess from a picture I can see in the 'minds' eye' is that it's not exactly gonna be a tribute to our guy, Elvis or anything approaching such! :(

Post subject: Re: Elvis as Mr. Potato Head toy in time for Christmas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue, I did not post a picture, but here is a link to the jumpsuit version:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37591725/ns ... umer_news/

Seems rather cheezy if you ask me.

Post subject: Re: Elvis as Mr. Potato Head coming out in stores soon
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh ok, thanks for the link :) Yeah it does look cheesy really, I guess if EPE won't check and censor the selling of these kind of items, what else can we do though? :?: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sue, I was trying to find the post mentioned in the Pm and Laurie's questions-
Most of Elvis' family were older people, his dad had his hands full and Elvis tried not to worry him about his problems, in fact he kept everything he could from his dad because Vernon had a bad heart-etc;. And his uncles were not young either, his grandmother was his father's mother, his aunt was not a young woman, and there weren't any younger members other than his cousins who were working for him, and whom he didn't tell everything either. Elvis was stubborn and he could be very bull headed, but the bottom line was this: He had to go out and work- money was needed in order to pay salaries, keep the bills paid, keep Graceland running (that cost a lot) and also, let Elvis be Elvis...he had no savings,
he had only a couple of bank accounts and they were almost depleted when he
died- the money went fast, Elvis wasn't careful with his money, but he didn't carry any with him, he had others for that. And he didn't get reciepts much and so his dad couldn't account for much of it sometimes-if Elvis did have money.
Other people tried to keep track of what was spent etc. and his dad did try to
take care of the rest. It must have been challenging to say the least-so many people were trying to "rip" off a celebrity etc...constantly. his dad had no accounting abilities, neither did Elvis who said that if he had to handle all that money himself, he wouldn't have a brain cell left to use for what he had to do, which was go out and be Elvis.
Actually, there were very few people who could have done anything to stop what was going on to and around Elvis-it was all handled by his management
and those who were supposed to be taking care of him...some were trying, others were trying other things... Most of them were unaware of how dire
things were with him, that was his own doing. He didn't want them to know
and he was a good actor when he had to be-it must have been one of his very best "performances". Charlie tried to get him to stay off work longer, but
Elvis said he had to get back out there, there were bills that had to be met
and he was the only "one workin'" so it was up to him. He was correct there.
I heard him say several times in those last years things that he never said
earlier, like everyone had so many wants and needs, and that he didn't like to talk on the phone with some of them because it was always about needing more money, and he had a hard time saying no...we know that. I think there
were a few who might have realized he was going down fast, but in the end
that just made the rush to keep going stronger-he wanted to cancel some shows...but "they" wouldn't let him...after all, his own manager said the "only that that matters is that man has to be on that stage tonight!" He said that as he walked out the door of the room where Elvis was in bed, begging to not have to go work tonight because he was so sick, felt so bad he knew he was
not going to be able to do a good show... he said he didn't want to die on stage and 'scare people'. Anyway, his father would have tried to get the shows canceled if he could have... we talked with him twice, the first time in Vegas he was very nice, polite, a lot like his son and he truly loved his son
and was proud of him. I do not think if he could have, he would not have done something to help him-however he was having health issues himself and on medications too. Elvis would have pulled it together in front of his dad...
anyway, it's all water under the bridge now...dirty water I might add. wjh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I just can't Believe that Who ever is Running EPE. doesn't have any More Respect For Elvis then this,This Stuff right here is one reason EPE. Will never get any of My Money :roll: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Right on, Rose-Lyn! :) :P Sorry, Wanda, I don't know what happened there! :? :oops: I thought usually the link to the specific section usually shows in the pm as relevant, obviously for whatever reasons this didn't happen this time around! Anyways, thanks for letting Laurie know the answer to her query! :) :P :hello: :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]