It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: why people tell you things
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi Julie, I can sympathize with that! For some reason people tell me things, total strangers have done so and I think it's because I, like you have that kind of persona. We feel "safe" and they open up, sometimes telling things they might never say to another person. I wondered about it my entire life time and it still happens sometimes. I don't know what it is, but I think it must be a good thing because people seem to feel better afterward. I had to learn to forget what they told me so I wouldn't dwell on their problems and get morbid or whatever. And I made sure I didn't tell my problems to people-heck, I didn't have any problems compared to some that I heard from others. That was a good thing too, made me appreciate what I had in my life quite a lot more than I might have otherwise. Sometimes I know it gets old, and I have wished not to meet any more people with troubles because I didn't want to take them on even by listening. However, we can't always have what we want, and some how they "find" me anyway.
Right now I wonder why everyone I meet seems to have some serious health concern and they have to tell me about it-but that too will pass. I guess maybe they are showing up to me because I can tell them about having faith and how to put their troubles up before God and then turn them loose from their minds and hearts.
A couple of them have done better for it and the other one is learning still. We have to learn to accept what we cannot change and to have faith that there will be a better day. thoughts are things, so think nice ones and they'll come back to you ten fold. Works for me, when I let it. And that's the key, you have to let it happen and try not to rush it. You Julie are a special person, here to help relieve other people's hurts and pains, and to receive blessings in your life for being there for others. We always get back what we give out-always. So just relax, listen and know that you are doing something you were meant to do, comfort by listening and just being there. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie I think this is very good for you,cause I'm also happy with it since that happens to me for years.Even when I was a kid,I never had friends like others had, only kids with certain problems or the ones no one like to talk to,or poor ones was coming to me and I was happier being with them it's great when you know even strangers trust you,that makes me feel so good and thankful..Wanda,you are a very good example on this, cause a world famous person who never found anyone to tell his real feelings without hesitating,till he met you,trusted you and you really are a true friend..

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]