It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis talks---
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

About Debra Paget
E: Somethin' right out of a-a dream gawd. Never knew anyone looked like she did-man, all the time she looked great and warm, she was warm 'n friendly too. But, I wasn't Howard Hughs-money 'n power that was her thrill. Not little ol' rock 'n roller me! I was a-a kid in her eyes, but man, I had a gawdawful case for her! She was exactly what-what I'd dreamed about-all my life-looks, everything an' I was dirt under her feet.
W: She wasn't mean to you though...
E: Breakin' my heart ain't mean? (snickers) Man, she turned the knife jus' lookin' my way! (Laughs) No, she was nice-a good kid. I was jus' young 'n dumb...learned from it.
(Takes a deep breath then giggles.)
E: But then, see how things change 'n come about? Priscilla walked in-an' my knees turned to-to jello, my heart ppppoundeded 'n I felt like...like someone had vacuumed out my brain. She looked at me so cool an' casual an' my heart flipped.(Suddenly very serious, goes on) Then her eyes turned all soft an'...an' I looked down at her-she was so tiny, so-so like a doll. A China doll 'n when I looked into her eyes, 'n felt that she was was mine...born to be mine. It was...right from the -the --start...like I-I had to be responsible for her...you know? To take care of her...always. It was that way-she was mine to do anythin' with, from the first she turned herself over to me as if it was-was a part of the...the plan for our lives. Her's an' mine. If -if I hadn't been aware...I could of-of hurt her--- messed her up for---for life. As if-if I-I-I-didn't anyway...( He said all of that in a pensive, thoughtful, some what regretful and very softly spoken tone of voice. Sounding young, and almost like dreaming kind of mood.)
W: You didn't... It was as you said, your plan for life. Her's too. Meant to be-fate-whatever. I believe that-don't you?
E: Yeah, nobody could do what she's done to me otherwise-nobody! (Coldly stated and I get off that subject fast.)
W: Did you ever see Dixie again?
E: Uh-huh, when I came home from Germany-she came by, brought the kids. Real cute kids, but it was gone-there was nothin' there. She's been married twice now- I think 'n each time she's single she's called me up. It's done-too late now. Don't see how I felt so about her even... Time, guess...changes things. (This conversation led into his having something to do-the world wide tv show.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Bringing this back for new readers and those who haven't seen it yet or missed it first time a round. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Wanda for bringing this back up... its very bittersweet indeed... I had to read it a few times I've noticed that whenever Elvis speaks of Priscilla he kinda stutters a little and i just LOVE this expression
Quote:
like someone had vacuumed out my brain
it gives you the exact idea of how he felt... but the thing about her being his sounds a little posessive... is it me have i been reading too many femiest book or what!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:41 am 
Site Admin

In todays world, it is possessive, very much so. But in Elvis' world, having grown up Southern etc:. and being an only child and a boy of a doting mother who made him her SUN and she revolved around him, his needs, wants, etc;...he grew up with that "own my woman" mentality and it showed in all his relationships. He was possessive, jealous and could be demanding in little ways as well as big ones too, I 'm sure. He even was possessive of his friends-and girlfriends AFTER they left him and he remained friends with them and was often upset if they were leaving him, especially if another guy was in the picture-this after his and the woman's romantic relationship was over. He still wanted to be the "boss" and to be able to in my opinion, dictate what they did etc:. He tried hard not to be bossy and not to interfeer but sometimes he couldn't help it-it was just his nature and natural way of being. Kathy Westmoreland mentions this in her book I think, or maybe an interview-but I recall her saying something about how he was "upset" because she was dating another guy after Elvis-and he "found out" - I guess he thought she should have told him????
And he could have "given his blessing" or not??? Anyway, I found him that way a few times about me and here I wasn't anything but a friend-yet he wanted to be able to tell me what to do at times. Of course I wasn't the kind to go for that-but I let him tell me what he thought and then did what ever I wanted anyway-after all, it didn't involve him, right?
Jimmie and I laughed about Elvis' bossy ways sometimes, because he would have to insert his two cents in if he could-most of the time I have to say it was good, he was smart, he was worldly and he often was right.
Most of the time, darn it. But as he said, "Truth's truth, can't argue with that". I would not have been the least happy being one of his "women" I know that. I would have slapped him silly and walked out. Probably got my self smacked for it, but he wouldn't have had any strings on me! I don't like guys like that-even sweet ones. As a friend and family member, well, we got along okay-I didn't have to mind him that often.
Yes, when he spoke of Priscilla he would stammer, say words slightly off and mispronounce slightly....kind of like he'd do when he had to give an impromptu interview or something and wasn't sure about himself or trying to be openly honest. He had trouble with some words anyway, like "album", words sounding that way, sp begining words and he stumbed over "foil" one day and was bummed out because he couldn't get it out right. It was his Southerness coming out I think, not so much he had a speech problem...just too much "southern sweet" in his nature.
Cute most of the time. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I would not have been the least happy being one of his "women" I know that. I would have slapped him silly and walked out.

LOOOOOL that was a really funny way of putting it... as much as I love Elvis I would have done the same no one can own me and bossy me around as a kid my parents tried but nop i bounced right back and did what i want i know it might not have been wise but hey thats me :P .... maybe thats one thing that Priscilla struggled with because around the time they were married women were starting to really stand up and set a higher bar so to speak for their men... i would have loved to be alive then im such a feminist LOL...

About Elvis being bossy maybe thats where Lisa got it from everyone said she was a very bossy kid.... maybe its genetic hehe... but you know i think that the MM giving Elvis his way didnt help him one bit when it came to getting over the possesive streak in him... they were such yes men it makes me sick sometimes when i read about it... its sad such a good man who has given so much to this world lived sround such people!!:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:30 am 
Site Admin

They were afraid of losing their position-being one of his "guys" was a big plus in so many ways, even if they say now he didn't pay them enough for what they did-etc: I mean it was a 24 hour a day job, 7 days a week etc:...yet he let them live with him, fed them, clothed them pretty often since he had so many clothes and had to make room etc:...passed things on practically new if not new many times. And he paid for everything when they went back and forth etc;...I really can't say he "didn't pay well" when you look at the perks and etc:... I mean, good grief, everyone can't get paid plus get all that went with being one of the "MM" dudes etc:.
I guess though, when suddenly it was all over they kind of got a "cold, hard drop" into reality. That would shake one up. Still, I have no sympathy for most of them... guess I haven't climbed that ladder of "forgivness" very far yet. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis about Debra Paget:
Quote:
: Somethin' right out of a-a dream gawd. Never knew anyone looked like she did-man, all the time she looked great and warm

It has been mentioned so often and I also confirm that Debra looked very much like Priscilla!!!! So it is no wonder that he felt that attraction to her looks! Ann-Margaret also looked very much like Pris....

Elvis having been possessive and bossy (sometimes) might have been some "habit" brought over from past lives where he had been very prominent and in high position. And at that times maybe it was important to tell others clearly what to do :roll: :wink: ?!?

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

in my opinion,being yes people means caring less for that person.and there's no real respect and love in obeying someone all the time. so was the most of the men and women in his life including his ex-wife,who complained of his bossing around,(on the contrary I think this behaviour actually is her trademark and still goes on).Anyway..they could have had their ways with Elvis without a hesitate by only being sincere honest and caring enough to tell im about their feelings.I don't afraid of people's temper,maybe because I have it too and know very well that temper is caused of the desperation and a hard struggle to holding back yourself of hurting others cause this is not intended actually.Sorry for giving examples of mysels as I'm no one near to his lovely self but I too hate to be told what to do and they can't make me even think of it unless I believe those people are honest ,openhearted and strongly behind their thoughts and beliefs.Elvis wasn't dumb and was aware of the personaalities of each individual around him..those who lived their lives with him,can belive they got the best from Elvis,for who they really are..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
but I too hate to be told what to do and they can't make me even think of it unless I believe those people are honest ,openhearted and strongly behind their thoughts and beliefs

Zey, I agree ! Just right now I'm also sick about this and that's one reason I have to step out of marriage! I used to NOT to stand up for my own beliefs in front of others and in order to please other people I denied myself . Finally I am able to be true to myself, thank God, but it means suffering.... but still it is worth it!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with you Sarena, about this:

Quote:
Elvis having been possessive and bossy (sometimes) might have been some "habit" brought over from past lives where he had been very prominent and in high position. And at that times maybe it was important to tell others clearly what to do ?!?

Since he started earning money and being the "boss" so early in life, I believe he didn't have the opportunity to "pulish" this characteristic of his behavior like in a normal "equal" relationship with others. Money meant power, and so many became dependant of his money...

I think one can easily listen to what one who loves us, without ego's contamination, has to say, because behind it is our interest as a priority. But when who speaks is tangled with his/her own emotions, then Love doesn't come through with purity, but strange ego games instead. And we feel it! And refusing it, many times we also refuse the portion of truth involved. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next