It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sarena wrote:
It has been mentioned so often and I also confirm that Debra looked very much like Priscilla!!!! So it is no wonder that he felt that attraction to her looks! Ann-Margaret also looked very much like Pris....

Well I must be in the minority then because neither Debra Paget nor Ann-Margaret looked like Pris to me. Ginger Alden looked a lot like Pris however in my opinion.

Elvis went from being catered to by his mother to earning big money at a very young age. So he had only a short period of time, while traveling in 1954 & 55, in which he cared for himself w/o the help of others. He was his world to his mother. Has anyone seen the Elvis & June video in which he, June, his mother & father & a few others were at a boat at sea? Elvis' mother is feeding him sandwiches as if he were still a little child. And he was perfectly comfortable with it and she in turn. I think Elvis was 20 or 21 at the time. So he did not have much time to outgrow some of his childhood needs before earning big money & needing others to assist him. And lets not forgot he was then in charge of so many people. I would think it would be hard not to be bossy given his background & that situation.
Of course, with him & Col. Parker it seemed liked it was the reverse. Parker acted as if he were the boss & Elvis his employee, but that's another story . . .

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

I dont think Debra looks like Priscilla but i see it with Ann-M.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well both ladies (Pris & AM) are beautiful. Both do have the large eyes. But in my opinion, Ann-Margaret has more of a heart shaped face with a very delicate chin and a small delicate nose. Pris I think has more of an oblong face, with a more rounded sturdy chin and a more prominent up turned nose.

From the front, I don't see enough similarities to say they look alike. However, I do recall seeing a straight side view of Pris once, with her eyes looking downward, which was more reminisent of Ann-Margaret.

Back to the topic above. I think we should put some balance to the marriage story. Yes, Elvis had his bossy side. But he isn't here to talk about it, and Pris had her negative side too. From all that I've read, and from things Wanda posted/printed, it just seems to me that the biggest problem in their marriage was the lack of communication between the two of them, compounded by some crafty MM dudes who fanned the flames.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 am 
Site Admin

Dearest Wanda thank you so much for sharing this very interesting conversation and the feelings in Elvis' precious heart with us. :D My thanks for bringing it back again again too my dear friend for latecomers like myself. :oops: :oops:
BlueMoon wrote:
Elvis went from being catered to by his mother to earning big money at a very young age. So he had only a short period of time, while traveling in 1954 & 55, in which he cared for himself w/o the help of others. He was his world to his mother. Has anyone seen the Elvis & June video in which he, June, his mother & father & a few others were at a boat at sea? Elvis' mother is feeding him sandwiches as if he were still a little child. And he was perfectly comfortable with it and she in turn. I think Elvis was 20 or 21 at the time. So he did not have much time to outgrow some of his childhood needs before earning big money & needing others to assist him. And lets not forgot he was then in charge of so many people. I would think it would be hard not to be bossy given his background & that situation.
Of course, with him & Col. Parker it seemed liked it was the reverse. Parker acted as if he were the boss & Elvis his employee, but that's another story . . .

Blue Moon wrote:
I think we should put some balance to the marriage story. Yes, Elvis had his bossy side. But he isn't here to talk about it, and Pris had her negative side too. From all that I've read, and from things Wanda posted/printed, it just seems to me that the biggest problem in their marriage was the lack of communication between the two of them, compounded by some crafty MM dudes who fanned the flames.

Laurie my dear friend you stated everything here so well and I agree with everything you said. :) Especially the part about the flames that some crafty MM guys were fanning :x ---man they caused enough smoke and fire to take out a whole forest. :roll: :x

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2