Post subject: Re: vimax
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D :love:

Post subject: Re: vimax
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

MEMORIES... from the 1960's...

When I learned that Elvis loved reading poetry and "feel good" writings, I happened to find a little book of such things, including some Browning pieces; I bought it to give to him "some time". It so happened that next door to the book store was a small gift shop and while browsing through it I found ribbon "book markers" and in a glass bowl, as if I was supposed to find it, was a little oval shaped disk that had "ELVIS" inscribed upon it. There were a few other names of "stars" including "Ringo", "Mick" and others- but only one "ELVIS" in the bunch! I bought it, attached it to the little blue ribbon book marker that I glued inside the back cover so it would always be kept inside the little book and he could "mark his place" easily; I didn't read the pages where I left the ribbon strip with the disk...just placed it about half way and put the book inside the thin gold box it came in and I didn't wrap it, or include a card. I did write inside the cover page, "For Elvis...who?" I knew he'd laugh when he came across that.

Later, when I gave it to him, he was like a kid, holding his hands out, palms up, to accept it as if it were "priceless gold" or something, and so shyly glancing at me, so pleased, surprised and also, tickled to get a gift. He opened it carefully at the book marker. Seeing his name on the disk, he said, "My name! You went out an' got this just for me!" It was touching and precious to see how this guy, one of the most famous entertainers of our time, who was so open and gracious, and giving himself would be surprised that someone would "go out and get something-" just for him...and that he would be so pleased about it. He quoted a few lines from a poem; it wasn't from the book...but his own memory as part of his "thank you" for thinking of him.

"Forever shall I remember, though time becomes no more, and should my heart softly cease to be; though as now, and even then, will I linger over memories of thee..."

(And we do, don't we...)

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next