It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: tears of the king-trailer
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:01 pm 
Phoenix

Hi;
I tell you i sow trailer tears of a king, about life elvis and the films always see sad side of Elvis, as a depressed man who takes a lot a lot a lot of pills, but i didnt see full film, meabe i am wrong Id like seeing other side of elvis: funny side of elvis, when elvis talk about his things to common persons, when elvis tell jokes and laugh... I have not still seen a film of a his :roll: funny side although i like of fim of elvis of 1979 and the film of 2005.
i sorry cant get see full fils about life of Elvis...
can you see full film of tears of the king? meabe it shown funny side of E and I didn´t see...

Post subject: Re: tears of the king-trailer
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I am not familiar with "Tears of a King" which must not have been released in the US...not yet anyway. If it is full of him doing drugs and being "confused" it is a false view of his life. Elvis did not take drugs for the "fun of it" or to "escape" nor was he addicted to pills in general. He did however, take drugs to stay alive
and to try to lengthen the days he had left to work and bring in the money (for all his crew, his musicians, his family and all the families of those who worked for him, plus all the people who worked behind the scenes taking care of the Elvis career
and etc. Including the Col. his manager, who took more than 1/2 of every thing
Elvis earned as a whole.) Those who keep making the type of films showing him to be a weakling, drug addicted nut case have nothing on their minds but making a buck off his name. They know that it pays better to show him as a drug addicted foolish man, than to show him as the spiritual, kind, generous and loving guy he truly was, a man who never said no to a friend in need, never turned his back on his family members or friends, always put his fans first and strove always to do his best on stage because they came, they were there and they made him who he was etc. His whole life he had to be careful of his health, but he kept it quiet, he didn't exploit it nor did he reveal it; he chose to bear his burdens alone, and do the best he could for as long as he could. It
makes me ill when these films portray him as a weakling, s.o.b type when in fact he was a better person than those who say differently. They were the ones using drugs, out of their minds, untrustworthy to the point of being fired, and then forgiven and given another chance time and again. They were the ones who were "out of their minds" on too many pills, addicted and also drinking
too much. As some who have come to their senses since, have said, "How the hell would we know if he was bombed out or not? We were all so drugged up ourselves, we wouldn't have known if he was or not." That was a statement
made by one of those who was with him on the last tours and earlier, a trusted
and loyal person who tried to do his job. There were very few of those- funny
isn't it that others around Elvis such as Kathy Westmoreland, does NOT say he
was drugged up, and does not imply he was mentally unsound, and a fool. Just the opposite, those who truly did know the man behind that image, say he was
in their opinion and based on the terminology of the word, a near genius if not a full genius because he was a highly intelligent, self taught man who read "his way around the world". He loved to read, he chose books that were difficult and required study, and he loved to teach others what he'd learned. This was a man who got on his knees to pray every day, who taught his little daughter to kneel and pray and who never failed to offer a hand to anyone who needed
help. Yeah, right, he was drugged out of his mind every day- selfish and inconsiderate and stupid to boot... Well, thinking that makes those trusted/friend guys look like the fools they were and still are... Elvis was right,
they are every bit as "loose lipped" and "out for what they can get from ELVIS"
as anyone every thought they might be. One day they will realize it but too late, their turn will come-and as he said, "hindsight is what kicks you in the ass, when you realize what you could have done!"
wjh

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:31 pm 
Phoenix

Hello Wanda:
I hope you are very well and you are spending a nice Sunday with your family. Well, I only sow the trailer, I am Argentinian and here there arent many film about Elvis and in YOu tube I found this trailer "tears of a King" in part is present when Elvin began to be famous but it put me very sad that when I sow that they shown an Elvis when took pills and had a lot of different tipes in the bathroom, i get be sad when Elvis cried and he is very depressed...
for this reason, i wrote to ask all you if you could see the full film, maybe it has shown other parts good of E and I didn´t see...
The trailer shown his sad side but when could get information full of E's life reading THIS FORUM, HIS BOOK, A FILM OF E OF 2005 I LEARNT THAT E DIDN'T DRUGS FOR PLEASURE AND THAT HE WAS GENEROUS AND FUNNY PERSONS AND WHEN I CAN SEE HIS VIDEOS I AM HAPPY SEE TO ELVIS LAUGH AND SHARE HIS THING WITH HIS FANS AND FRIEND AS YOU, DEAR WANDA, AS CHARLY AND LARRY, KATHY WESTMORELAND, ETC...I know that Elvis did not take drugs for pleasure or escape of his reality. E took medicinal remedies that doctors gave themI AM PARTICULAR THEACHER AND MY STUDENTS (THEY ARE TEENS) DONT KNOW ELVIS BUT I COULD TELL THEM MANY NICE THINGS WHEN HE PRACTISED KARATE AND THAT WAS A GGOD SINGER WITH A NICE VOICE....
WANDA I KNOW who was Elvis and when could fell in my inside I can fell that is a quiet and nice person and that now E is very happy...
I dont want offend to you and the group I only share this that I get me sad see that many film as the trailer and Elvis and me that show E as person temperamental and that was depressed... Unfortunately, E was ill but I am sure that loved tha life, to laugh, to do joke to people, practice sport as karate and football, help to people to be OK, I HAVE GOOD SIDE OF ELVIS AND THAT UNFORTUNATELY, HE SUFFERED THE POVERTY, THE DEATH OF HIS LITTLE BROTHER AND HIS MOMMY WHEN HE NEEDED MORE OF HER, I KNOW THAT SEFFERED BUT HE WAS STRONG AND MY IMAGE IS OF A ELVIS THAT LOVED HIS PROFESION , A GOD AND GIVE ALL THE BEST TO ALL PEOPLE, IT IS ELVIS FOR EVER IN THE PAST, IN THE PRESENT IN THE FUTURE...

THANK THAT THIS FORUM EXISTS BECAUSE HERE THE TRUES FANS ELVIS LEARN THE TRUE OF THIS GREAT MAN, ELVIS PRESLEY.
GREETING AND GOOD LUCK
MARIA JOSE

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Maria, I am glad to know that there are people like you who do know the good side of Elvis and understand how things got so misconstrued when he died- the press loves scandal and sorrow; it sells. You hit it right on the nail head with your comments and realizations Maria, and by posting it here, there will be hundreds of people who are searching for truth and goodness concerning him will be able to read your words and know the real story. Thank you very much for posting so clearly and for sharing your feelings with all of us. I know that this webside it a "god send" for many fans of his who want to read good things, who wish to understand and know how his life really was and not what it has been turned into. Maia who made this site in 2005 has done an excellent job, it goes on and on on its own for the most part, but it takes people such as yourself to
keep it going with your posts and interest.
have a great new week, and I hope that you all have better weather than we
are having around the US these days. If we aren't flooding states, we are drying out or freezing...it's just crazy this year! We have a beautiful day today but there is a cold spell coming at us from Alaska and we will have cold and rain with wind in two days! With 44 degree nights here in the desert mountains.
Love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 pm 
Flame

I read Wanda topic and she stand by her man Elvis Presley. It's true that scandal sell newspapers. But the public didn't know about ELVIS THE MAN but only ELVIS THE ENTERTAINER, because the colonel made his image bigger than life.

The public didn't know nothing about ELVIS THE MAN because the Colonel didn't want to. The fans and the general public to know the real guy who love of simple thing in life and the spiritual side of him.

Also he keeps to himself his health condition secret because he love to entertainer his fans. He loved so much his fans that his health problem was secondary. I think the fans notice it when they go to see his concerts during the last two years of his life. But he love it so much to do a good show for the fans.

Also he was very courageous keeps it to himself and didn't tell his father, wife and daughter about his illness. And only a few close friends know about his conditions, like Wanda, Kathy Westmoreland, Larry Geller.

I read many books, but I didn't find the true about his health and I found the true story when I saw in this web site about his aliment and the many illness he suffer during his life. And he cope with them and the medication he needs at the time to be able to perform.

If only the public know about it. But it's only a dream to say that will change because so much have writing about it since august 1977.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

In time, I think his name will be restored to it's rightful dignity and people will understand how things were misconstrued during his last couple of years of life; it happens and I think will increase the number of fans with each passing year. He is still highly thought of as a singer, and people still buy his cd's and now, recordings are making a come back! And he had some great old style recordings...because he liked that "live" sound also; his voice will always be "different" and people will be attracted to his style and vocals. Time brings changes-
I like records...cds are handy like in a car or small space, but the big black/or colorful records you can pull out of a nice sleeve cover with pictures on them, place that record onto a player and listen to how music used to sound- alive, full and with no artificial gimmickry or electronic "musical instruments", "drums" but the REAL thing, being played by musicians who spent a lot of time learning their art without electronic digital equipment enhancement and using the old style "tube" sound systems, where you can hear the singer's tongue, breathing and swallowing as they "work their magic vocally, using their own unique abilities to make things great" and often as not, they did their own back ground tracks ...and at times, background singers did it at the SAME time the front singer did their thing. That, to me is creative talent, natural and "live" therefore I will always keep my "outdated" records... priceless treasures from the "olden days"...and still the best and closest thing to "live performances" today.
Yep, I am "old"- too bad in some ways, but great in others especially the fact that the "old" still remember what it was to see a "live show" and experience
a replay by listening to a real recording of that music. See, age does have it's
"blessings" - and you all will feel the same way about the special events of this time in your lives... these are your memories, so do it, see it, and stick it back into your mental shelves for later- you will be glad you did!
Love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 pm 
Flame

I like what you say Wanda in your last post.
Quote:
In time, I think his name will be restored to it's rightful dignity and people will understand how things were misconstrued during his last couple of years of life; it happens and I think will increase the number of fans with each passing year. He is still highly thought of as a singer, and people still buy his cd's and now, recordings are making a come back! And he had some great old style recordings...because he liked that "live" sound also; his voice will always be "different" and people will be attracted to his style and vocals.

I had my Elvis Presley long play record, it's precious because the record compagny didn't made them anymore. It's something special to me.

And later they made them in cd and I had a lot of them.

For me, I like his choice of song, but I like to hear the outakes because it's fun to know how he recorded it, with the mistakes and everything. And you heard talk to the musicians about what he want to do with the song.

I hope the world will discover the unique voice, the artist, the singer because he deserve it. From 1954 to 1977 he had 23 years in the entertainment world, including 31 movies, 2 documentaries, tv special 68 NBC and Aloha '73, early years in tv with Milton Berle, Ed Sullivan. And he change the world with only his music.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Slowly But Surely Elvis' The Singer, Actor and The Man is Getting the Respect and Dignity He should of Had All Along. Because Finally the Truth is Being Believed, That Elvis didn't Die of Drug Abuse, and that He Didn't Kill Himself. He is Being seen as the Sweetest, The Most Caring and Loving Man that should have Been Seen as All Along. People are Believing that Elvis Loved His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and that he Not Only Read and Believed Every Word in the Bible Followed Every Word it Said in His Life. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]