It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: STORM AT GRACELAND!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Last night just after 7, the sky over Graceland got very dark, the winds begun to whip, and the rain fell. Guests visiting Elvis' grave were asked to evacuate the property but refused. EPE employees told that it took 15 minutes to get guests to leave the property (for their own safety) due to the weather conditions. Staff also said, "The fans are passionate. They really love Elvis! And despite the weather, they wanted to stay." The Graceland staff put safety first. And from the picture shown, you can see why they were concerned for tourists. A tree on the front lawn fell down during the storm. It fell and broke the original white wooden fence which has been at Graceland while Elvis lived there.

Post subject: Re: STORM AT GRACELAND!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, well, at least it was not the house! There are some pretty big trees around it.
That broken fence will be worth a lot to someone- I hope they will offer it to charities he would give to in Memphis. It will be repaired and no one will notice
who doesn't know the tree had been there...they might plant another to grow up
where it had been. Who knows, things change. I hope there is never a big wind
storm with a tornado...I can just see things flying all over the state, clear into
Kentucky probably! Like his military uniform, it got flooded out of a Hard Rock Cafe place I think it was, and was later found floating along side a drainage ditch
some distance away. They cleaned it, returned it and it's on display again at the
newly fixed cafe... Amazing!
guess he wasn't going to let anything of his "get away"... or just plain ol luck.
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Have Had this Same Fear, in Fact I have seen it in my Mind. GraceLand Being Destroyed by a Big Bad Tornado, I sure Hope it isn't a Warning. But I do Hope they will Repair that Fence, and Plant another Tree. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

It would be repaired, rebuilt or whatever it took I think, and they have duplicates of things, photos etc so it would be back again because it's meant to be here.
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Do Feel That GraceLand is Meant to be there,and I Hope and Pray that The Lord is Protecting Elvis' Home. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for posting the info and photo Barb. I hadn't heard about this. Yes, thankfully the house wasn't touched. Of course, if it was, it would be rebuilt, though it woudn't quite be the same because wood absorbs our energy if we are around it long enough. The "feeling" wouldn't be the same. Reminds of what happend with Jefferson Davis' house in Mississippi which got destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. It was (or will be?) rebuilt, but no doubt the feel of it is likely to be different from the original house.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Blue Moon,

Thanks for posting! Also for the article you did earlier-interesting! Rose lyn reset her email, and got stuck on a list for reactivation, i think it is fixed now as her name is gone off the list- i activated her again yesterday- so we shall see if she
is able to post. nice to see your here Blue Moon, love ya, wjh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Wanda, Rose-Lyn and Blue Moon! The incident reminds me of the branch falling down from a big tree at Graceland before Elvis' funeral....
Quote:
I Do Feel That GraceLand is Meant to be there,and I Hope and Pray that The Lord is Protecting Elvis' Home.

....I agree, dear Rose-Lyn! :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Thought the Same thing about if GraceLand would Have to Be Rebuilt, it might be Good Copy of GraceLand if they would have to Build Another one. But it wouldn't be the Home that Elvis and His Parents Made it into, and Elvis' Presence would be Felt like it is in the Real One Either. I Just So Hope that Another one Doesn't ever Be that Damaged, but like I said I don't think the Lord will Allow GraceLand to Be That Damaged. :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]