It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A friend of the telephone of Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm 
Phoenix

In the beggining of the 70, When Elvis was doing a performance in Las Vegas met a young boy and went to speak with him because E thought that was identical to him when E was A kid. Both they became in best friends.
When Elvis could, He did a called in his telephone to little boy as he did with Wanda. The MM said that Elvis didn't like speaking by telephone but for me, Elvis if wanted and loved contacting with comoun people and know that is happening in the real world because of E couldn't walk the streets because was very famous.
At the moment, the little boy works as impersonator of Elvis and he never forgot is beautiful friendship(Amistad)

This is the article:

BILBAO. ¿Greg or Elvis? It makes no difference because Greg Miller is in many respects, the son of the soul of Elvis Presley. The King of Rock said it personally to him: "Son, you remind me of me." And this actor and singer born in Las Vegas there is nothing that can be more flattering.

Critically acclaimed worldwide, the American singer, considered the best all-time Elvis comes the day 6 to Euskalduna Bilbao with the musical The King of the Rock Story, a complex assembly that delivers stunning audio-visual resources and brings together over 30 artists on stage. Produced in Las Vegas, the city where Elvis Presley garnered many successes, traces the friendship he had with the king of rock for the past four years in the life of the singer, who met Greg when he was a child.

With his white suit of diamonds, and his trademark toupee, between question and asks, Miller could not resist yesterday during the presentation of the musical Euskalduna sing a song of the king, as he explained how it was that man and rock star died "without knowing how special and great that was. I knew he was famous, but Elvis was not considered special. When I called the king of rock, he said that the only king was Jesus. He was very normal. "

Greg Miller telephone befriended the King of Rock when he was just a child. "From five years and was one of his fans, like my mother. I went to see him sing at a concert with some friends who knew him. Elvis saw me with them and asked who was that guy who looked so much like him and I said I wanted to know, "he explains. "One day I phoned home and started a very interesting phone friendship. Elvis told me I reminded him when he was young. I had a friendship until his death. I talked to him many times. I recorded many of those conversations , some of which will be heard in the show. Elvis was very interested in my life because I was his age when it debuted and a normal life. He could not stroll down the street. I was wondering about the school, plans, girlfriends ... and told me about their tours, costumes, home ... I believe that was lonely, "says the singer and actor, who has over 10,000 shows around the world imitating him. (Now just got to present this show for two weeks in Japan.'s 20 th tour of the country Nippon).

"People said I was eccentric because, for example, I put lights in the pool and shot them with rubber balls. It was just a diversion. I could not go to Disneyland, or travel ... I could not do something as simple as going a supermarket. One day I said I had been shopping and he said he remembered that he had gone nine years ago. Nine years! could not go out. "

"What was Elvis? Very simple, loving, generous ... I loved reading, had much interest in religion .. not much time had gone to school, but it was self-taught. He was very generous. In Hawaii is a boat, which became a museum, which was a gift from Elvis. His life was very helpful to people. He was very generous. " Greg King has never acted outside the U.S. (Except when he was forced to voluntarily comply with military service in Germany) and because its producer was not a U.S. citizen, so I was afraid that if he was, could never enter. "He gave up singing in Europe for their manager," says Miller.

THE MUSICAL The show, played by Greg Miller, is an exciting and fun show that will stand up to all fans of the king of rock. Both the script and the costumes, lights and sound were designed to the millimeter to look like it is the artist that is on the scene.

Greg Miller will perform live A total of 24 songs mythical Elvis Presley, among which are number one like Return to sender, Are you lonesome tonight or Jailhouse Rock. Among them, the king's favorite, It's now or never, but Greg Miller confesses that he is thrilled with another of his old songs, Rags to riches.

In the end, the show introduced a duet in which Greg Miller sings along with the king. "It's a magical moment," explains the artist, who debuted in 1995 as a double of Elvis Leaving Las Vegas (Leaving Las Vegas), opposite Nicolas Cage.

Greg Miller said that a week before the death of the king of rock in 1977, Presley had with a telephone conversation in which he commented that this was very lonely. "Before his death, I spoke with him about an hour and a half. I was sitting outside the home, in your garden. Before he died, Elvis was recording and gave it to his secretary to send it to friends when he died. I did too. The public may know part deesta recording during the show, "the singer promises.

He as Wanda thought that Elvis need fell that was loved and a was man that loved his people. He says that Elvis loved God and tell things about life.

Post subject: Re: A friend of the telephone of Elvis
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Hi, thanks Maria for posting about Greg Miller...used to see him and his family
often, he was a nice kid and yes he did resemble Elvis when Elvis saw him, though he was younger-
when he returned from Germany/Army duty Elvis one could say, most resembled Greg!
Greg has a good voice and he does a nice rendition of Elvis' performances- Elvis
would be pleased, he always said that 'imitation is the highest form of flattery'
and he sometimes added, 'wish they'd get the moves right!" Greg tried to do
that more than many, and he doesn't try to 'be Elvis' when off the stage as so
many do- Glad Greg got to Germany, Elvis always wanted to tour overseas, and
felt he had "let down" his fans by not being able to tour their countries.
The main reason he didn't get overseas is that his manager didn't have any 'connections' over there, no way to wheel and deal as he was used to doing. Nor did the manager have legal entry into the US but here he could easily get around
because we didn't have need of passports to go across or around the US once
inside here. Unlike many European countries where one needed papers to cross
borders... So Greg is carrying on the tradition...and fulfilling one of Elvis' dreams-returning to play in Germany...Never saw Greg's full show, just a short version a long time ago, when in Vegas way back when he first began performing there.
have a great week,
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Greg has been presenting his show here in Spain some months ago. Last year he presented another one called "Face to Face" :!: along with "Michael Jackson". I just found it out, searching Internet for photos of him. :roll: It seems he has good press references.

Just can guess where he might have taken the idea of calling the show that way...if he knew about you, Wanda...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: This guy Greg sounds like he is truly paying Tribute to Elvis, with Performing like Elvis. Not like the ones that Try and think they are Elvis off stage, to me they are just making Fun. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm 
Phoenix

Amanda, Wanda, Roselyn thank to you to answer this topic...
Greg Miller had conversations with Elvis as Wanda did it and Elvis expressed all his pains, happiness and wished to this young boy. Elvis sow in Greg a person who was resembled to him.
Elvis and Greg had a deep frienship and now Greg express a tribut to his friend Elvis and I know that Elvis is supporting him since the heaven.
Good luck to Greg Miller and that he can tell us who Elvis was really and can kill every lie that many people tell about elvis and I wishe that ELVIS REST IN PEACE.

Maria Jose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm 
Phoenix

Amanda, Wanda, Roselyn thank to you to answer this topic...
Greg Miller had conversations with Elvis as Wanda did it and Elvis expressed all his pains, happiness and wished to this young boy. Elvis sow in Greg a person who was resembled to him.
Elvis and Greg had a deep frienship and now Greg express a tribut to his friend Elvis and I know that Elvis is supporting him since the heaven.
Good luck to Greg Miller and that he can tell us who Elvis was really and can kill every lie that many people tell about elvis and I wish that ELVIS REST IN PEACE.

Maria Jose

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]