It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLADYS!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:bday: :bday: Elvis' Mom would be 100years Old Today!
Image :bday:

Post subject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLADYS!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm 
Rainbow

Happy Birthday Gladys, :bouncy: hard to believe she would be a hundred years old today. I wonder what she would think to all the attention she is receiving today all over the internet and the subject of endless speculation in books every part of her life subject to scrutiny. And all she every did was to decicate her whole life to her son, never asking for anything herself. What a wonderful Lady! Well done Roselynn for such a lovely tribute. Just love that happy smile. God Bless :bday:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:34 pm 
Flame

Gladys Presley was born 100 years ago - April 25: Elvis' mother Gladys Love Smith was born on April 25 1912 in Pontotoc County, Mississippi to parents Bob and Doll Smith.

It was in 1933 after a whirlwind romance that Gladys Smith and new boyfriend Vernon Presley eloped and were married on June 17. Vernon was only 17 years-old, while Gladys was 21.

Two years later Elvis and stillborn twin Jesse Garon were born.
Vernon said in an interview...
"At that time there was almost nobody poorer than my wife Gladys and me. But we were thrilled and excited when we learned that we were going to be parents. I was only 18 years old, but throughout Gladys’ pregnancy it never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to take care of her and the baby.
Gladys and I were so proud of Elvis and enjoyed him so much that we immediately wanted more children. But, for reasons no doctor could understand, we had none. While Elvis grew from infant to toddler to lively little boy, we consulted doctors about our failure to have another child. We prayed about it, too. There was no medical reason why my wife didn’t conceive again, but she didn’t."

Sadly after a long period struggling with hepatitis at 3.15am, August 14 1958 with Vernon at her side, Gladys Love Presley died at the age of 46.

At her funeral Elvis sobbed, crying out, "Oh God, everything I have is gone. Goodbye, darling, goodbye. I love you so much. You know how much I lived my whole life just for you."

(News, Source;ElvisInfoNetwork)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes Elvis did do Every Thing for His Mom, he Promised her when he was a Very Little Boy he would get her out of the Poverty she was Living in. So Elvis Made that Promise come True, for his Mom and His Dad. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]