Page 2 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

sorry! guest was me again.. :oops: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMANDA, :) YOU AND ALL MY OTHER FRIENDS HERE ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE AND I CAN SEE YOUR POINT VERY WELL..BUT IN MY OPINION,THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN BEING FORGIVING,POSITIVE AND BEING JUST..IN MY PERSONAL BURDENS, I CAN BE FORGIVING, I 'M HONESTLY PRACTICING THIS, SINCE I'M LONG TO BE FORGIVEN WHEN I MAKE MISTAKES AND HURT OTHERS..BUT I CAN'T TURN MY HEAD THE OTHER WAY WHEN IT'S ABOUT ELVIS,AND CAN'T FORGIVE ANYONE IN HIS NAME. THIS IS HIS BUSINESS. AND I'M ALSO A 100% SURE, HE HAS NO GRUDGE AGAINST ANYONE NOW..HE HAS A HEART THAT BIG..BUT HE WAS A MAN OF JUSTICE AT THE SAME TIME AND ALSO VERY SENSITIVE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO WERE MISJUDGED BY OTHERS..AND HE DID EVERYTHING TO CORRECT THIS..I CAN REMEMBER THE INCIDENT I READ IN ED PARKER'S BOOK,HOW ELVIS FORCED ED TO SEE SOMEONE HE(ED) HATED,WHO WAS ACTUALLY A NICE PERSON AND HE CHANGED MR.PARKER'S MIND POSITIVELY ABOUT THAT MAN AT THE END. ELVIS PUT AN AFFORD ,BECAUSE HE CARED,HE KNEW THE TRUTH HIMSELF AND HE MADE HIS FRIEND TO SEE THAT TOO..NOW, WE ALL CARE ABOUT ELVIS'S HONOURABLE MEMORY TOO,AND I,FOR MY ACCOUNT, CAN'T BE SILENT WHEN I MEET A MISJUDGEMENT OR AN UNTRUE COMMENT OR AN INSULT ABOUT HIM . AND THAT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THIS COMMENT COMES FROM ONE OF HIS OLD FRIENDS OR HIS EX-WIFE..I'M NOT ACTUALLY AFTER THE REVENGE(or,more honestly,trying hard,not to be :oops: ) OF THE THINGS THOSE PEOPLE DID TO HIM IN THE PAST WHEN HE WAS ALIVE ..BUT EVEN TODAY, SOME STILL DON'T GIVE UP,THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME UPSET..AND IF THOSE CHARACTERS, WHO HAD A CHANCE TO SHARE SOMETIME WITH THAT WONDERFUL MAN AND YET COULDN'T GET ENLIGHTENED A LITTLE,IF ELVIS WASN'T SUCCESFUL IN MAKING THEM SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY,SO DON'T THINK I COULD TEACH THEM BETTER THAN HIM..ONLY ONE THING LEFT TO ME IS TO DEFEND HIM AND HELP PEOPLE TO SEE THE REAL AND UNIQUE PERSON INSTEAD OF THE LIES THAT STILL TRAVELS AROUND..

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Under the Bridges of Paris
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with what you are saying and it is very hard to "forgive" all things in some cases. I can't, but I try to look at certain ones through Elvis' eyes and that's hard to do-he saw beyond their wants and to their needs-that's how he explained it. Well, I can't always do that.

On Father's Day our daughter got Jimmie a few things, one being a cd of Dean Martin whom he always liked to hear and watch when he had his show and his movies.
And low and behold, on the cd was a song entitled, "Under the bridges of Paris" and that triggered a memory for me when Elvis was speaking about going to do another recording in 76-he was considering songs- and one he mentioned was that one-because Priscilla liked it and wanted to take him and Lisa to Paris. I had never heard the song and he sang a little bit of it what he knew which wasn't much, but he knew the melody well since I've now heard the song. He would have done it beautifully-yes, it is a love song. It starts out, How would you like to be down by the Sayne with me-under the bridges of Paris-away from eyes that pry, I'd make your dreams come true, under the bridges of Paris with me....it's slow and romantic and kind of a waltz. He would have done it beautifully-even then, he was thinking of singing a love song for her. She had wanted to take him and Lisa to France and he wanted to take them to the Holy sites to see ancient artifacts and walk on Holy ground...that was his plan for when Lisa was old enough to appreciate going...he thought around 8 or 9.
People wondered why she took Lisa to Europe when her father died-well, that was what he had wanted to do and I think she thought there, she wouldn't hear the constant talking about her father-and in a way, it was a good move for Lisa's sake and probably help Priscilla as well.
Elvis would have approved such a trip under the circumstances. Get my child away from this! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

WANDA, I LOVE THAT SONG :D ..AND THOUGH I LIKE DEAN MARTIN AND HAVE MANY ALBUMS OF HIM,I ALWAYS THINK HOW BETTER ELVIS WOULD SING MARTIN'S SONGS FOR THOSE SONGS WERE REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND THAT ONE ,I HAVE IT FOM MARTIN AND ALSO AS AN INSTRUMENTAL RECORDING,AN ACCORDION SOLO..
WELL I'D PREFER TO THINK THE EUROPE TRIP AS YOU SAID..BUT HOW WONDERFUL THAT TRIP WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR POOR LISA IF HER DADDY WAS WITH HER.. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I do feel that we judge others the same way as we judge ourselves. So, let's be loving, caring and tender with ourselves in return of being just the same way to others.

Amanda, I think you have a lot spiritual wisdom & such a gentle, loving spirit. I try to not be too hard on Priscilla, as I was not in her shoes, yet because she hurt Elvis so badly sometimes I've gotten on her case. But then I feel a tinge of guilt, as if knowing Elvis (& the Lord) would have wanted me to be kinder.
I think there is a way to defend Elvis and be positive about it, but it can be a challenge due to the numbers of people who have betrayed him. To take the "high road" ain't always easy, but it's worth our best effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:10 pm 
I INDRE MY NAME IS BARB, SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US HERE AT ELC. :D BARB!!

Post subject: The High Road
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 am 
Site Admin

Agree 200%...but even the High Road can have a bump or two now and then.... I try to jump over them and keep on going...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:14 am 
Laurie wrote:
[
I think there is a way to defend Elvis and be positive about it, but it can be a challenge due to the numbers of people who have betrayed him. To take the "high road" ain't always easy, but it's worth our best effort.

Yes, dear friends. It's difficult to mantain an equilibrated position. What helps me in trying to do that is to place in my mind the clear and firm intention of being positive/constructive. As such intentions come from the heart, they have the special power of LOVE. If we keep remembering them, focussing in it, they open the way for us.

Of course, the emotions keep on coming. They are meant to be. As I see their function, we need them to signal that something is "wrong" -or "right", as a matter of fact. The main thing is: what do we do with them? I try to canalize then into positive action.

Of course I get angry, sad, scandalized, shocked about many things in Elvis life. Sometimes, it takes me quite a few minuts to settle down. But then, I really try not to carry along with me those kind of emotions till the day I die. I don't want them with me, as I don't want them with anybody.
So, I start an action that I may consider positive, inside or outside, or both, like trying to understand, to put things toghether, to change my point of view, perspective, etc. Sometimes I'm sucessful, sometimes not.
But one can always, just keep on trying. :roll:

And Laurie, you put in clear and short words, so a big thought! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sorry, it's me. This time did not logged in automatically. :oops:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:25 pm 
Tiger

Barb wrote:
I INDRE MY NAME IS BARB, SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US HERE AT ELC. :D BARB!!

Hi Barb! Nice to meet you, I will get here as often as I can, seems to be a LOT of interesting stuff to read!!!

Page 2 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next