It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sri Daya Mata Dies!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

ImageSri Daya Mata, Elvis' Guiding Light, dies aged 96: Sri Daya Mata, who for more than five decades was the leader of one of the Self-Realization Fellowship, Los Angeles and an ardent advocate of the healing power of meditation, died November 30th at the group’s retreat for nuns in L.A. She was 96. From 1955 until her death, Sri Daya Mata was the society’s president and spiritual leader. She presided over an organization that now has more than 600 temples, centres and retreats in 60 countries, about half of them in the U.S.
In the mid-sixties Elvis spent time at the Self Realization Fellowship, and became a friend of Sri Daya Mata, whom he affectionately referred to as ‘Mother.' Elvis' friend Charlie Hodge said that when Elvis asked Daya Mata, "Why did God make me Elvis Presley," her response was to hand him some ancient manuscripts, saying that he might find the answer to his question within them.
In Elvis' mid-sixties period of uninspiring low-grade movies it is not surprising that he would be searching for some other deeper inspiration in his life.
Sri Daya Mata noted, "If we turn our consciousness within, in deep meditation, communing with God even a little bit every day, we begin gradually to experience that love which is our real nature. Feeling love within ourselves, it is very easy to give it to others."

Post subject: Re: Sri Daya Mata Dies!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much, Rose Lyn, for posting!! Daya Mata passed on in 2012.
Where did you find this article??

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Sarena I Seen this Article on Face Book, its Great to Hear from You Here at ELC. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Do you know who is taking her place in SRF?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Maia, Its So Great to See you here how are you doing with the Hip? I haven't seen anymore about Who will take Sri Mata's Place, if I do see anything else on Face Book I will be sure to Let Everyone know here. You sure have been Missed! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 am 
Pharaoah

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/tmp/news.aspx?id=2913

"...Sri Mrinalini Mata has been elected president of Self-Realization Fellowship/Yogoda Satsanga Society of India — to succeed the late revered Sri Daya Mata as the spiritual leader of Paramahansa Yogananda’s worldwide work. Her appointment was made by a unanimous vote by the SRF Board of Directors on Friday, January 7, 2011. ..."

:love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]