:hello: Of Our Wanda June Hill!Image :hug:

Post subject: Re: Recent Photo's!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Photo No: 2 -Image :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
Pharaoah

Lovely pictures, Wanda is really pretty and reminds me of my nan a little (A)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
Owl

Wanda you look beautiful! Those are both really great pictures. Were they made in your home? Camille

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

No, in Starla's den, and the big painting is a Merryfield one done by a woman after his death, she was from England I think, and only a few were done in the large poster size. Starla found one when we were on the book tour in 79 and she had it framed, it has always hung in her home, where ever she had moved to and now
here on the mini ranch for the past 19 years. It's not great detail of him but it sure does capture his attitude and stance....and the back ground canyons are
beautifully painted. A real collector's piece by now I imagine.
I had to have a current photo for Maia's Blue Star Love book, so I 'had to' get out the make up and do the paint job on the "old barn"... and fix my hair... Starla had bought the blouse some time ago but it was too tight at that time, it's loose now, thank goodness! The necklace was one made for Elvis, it's real ivory, hand carved and silver smith-ed. It's heavy, it was too snug he said when he tried to sing and would come loose as it fastens with a hook; he didn't wear it any more and he gave it to me because of what the elephants represent based on a conversation we had and I read to him from a book I had telling how elephants are very sensitive, intelligent, large brains, loving to their kind and babies and never forget one another etc... and he said, "a meaning regarding them is very spiritual, it means, "one together always". Next thing
I knew I got the necklace via courier and later he told me about it's origin.It is heavy, I never wore it, didn't have anything it went with really, and too, I was afraid it would come loose and fall and maybe break or something. It was hand carved, all the ivory parts with two elephants on the pendant, and the silver was all hand made also. I kept it in the safe and when dressing it seemed to me that it would look good with the blouse...nothing else I had did. So I got it out of the safe, and also the ring he had made for my birthday (doesn't show up much in the picture) and the garnet bracelet he gave me early in our friendship...the second year.
I feel as though I have been "outed" fer sure...at least I don't have "turkey neck"... thanks to Elvis' advice a long, long while ago...I followed it-it works.
Love to all,
Wanda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

just beautiful, Wanda. The colours, the necklace, the painting in the background (!!!!!!!) are just harmoniously conmingling..... :D :love:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]