It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Elvis at Humes High School - updated!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Enjoyed reading the rest! It's interesting how he was always looking a little to a lot- different from what the rest of the fellas wore in school. He said that when he was little he felt invisible...well, as soon as he could, he fixed that by being
different in dress, hair and style. He got noticed; he wanted to be noticed and so he found a way that was "okay" and not "outlandish or troublesome" to anyone...just they "saw him." I thought a lot about his being "invisible" as a kid,
because I felt that way when we moved from different towns, districts and I had to change schools....3 times that happened in very formative years of my life-but
I found other "slightly weird friends like myself" because there are always some of "us"... any where one might go....we are there, hiding in the bushes and behind the potted plants...ha. A comment Elvis made but I can't recall what it was about now, just that he understood those type feelings. I think at some point in everyone's life, there are those moments. Learning curve moments my Aunt Lillian would tell me, and so they were, often more than we might have realized at the time.
It's cold here, but the sun was out and helped some. The wind is sharp and one
of these days it will be a humdinger of a cold wind! It's coming, the leaves are
turning and dropping so fast I can't keep them raked up fast enough to notice any are missing-off the ground. The big mulberry tree is still green but there are hundreds of leaves turning fast so it will be a golden snow under it very soon.
I am so glad that tree is still alive and doing okay though it has some things happening that aren't good...I guess they are not made to last forever; I am going to call around and talk to some tree people to see if there is help for it's problems. It could be some kind of bug doing it. Without that tree will will cook in the summer time....it is our salvation then.
Well, if you have not read about Elvis at Humes High School...GO BACK a post or so AND READ IT!
Love always,
wanda june

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
other "slightly weird friends like myself"
Wanda says.

Well, here's another weird one: me! :hello:

I never willed to stand out from the other kids in school, nor wished to be assimilated to the "homogeneous" behavior that it seemed to me they had, especially the girls. I wished to stand for what I thought and what I felt, no matter it kept me somehow apart from the majority (there were some singular exceptions that I appreciated and watched, mainly from afar). I always felt like "a stranger in my own hometown" so to speak, although I was very interested in each one kid and set friendly particular confidential relationships with many of them and went along with scholar activities promptly and smoothly.

I needed to grow in awareness to understand that the soul's fellowship that lay behind the surfacing appearance of personalities and social patterns of behavior, may be kept hidden to our understanding when the fear to be signaled as being different comes to the front.

I guess Elvis experienced something of the kind. He was thoughtful, reflexive. He was "in touch" with his inner self from very early in his life. He had diverse experiences of the kind in solitude. He "knew" that HE WAS THAT ONE THAT HE WAS through those experiences... He was able to mix but not to "melt" according to the behavior. He felt singular and acted in consequence, although he was always caring and loving. I believe he is such a fine reference of the importance of guiding our children to get in touch early with their inner beings, as to grow in the creativeness of their singularity.

THANK YOU, AngelEyes!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: :D This is Fantastic Angel Eyes, I'm so Happy to read how Elvis' Class Mates describe The Person Elvis was in High School. Its also So Great to read how some of these Class Mates after Elvis became " HIM" told how Elvis was still the Sweet Caring and Shy person they knew in school. Thank You for Sharing This, I also can't wait to check out the Book that is coming out by Elvis' Class Mates. :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2