It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Linda Thompson's Memoir:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am 
Flame

Linda Thompson's Memoir: Linda Thompson is finally writing a memoir detailing her long romances with Elvis Presley, Bruce Jenner and David Foster. But it’s not a dirty tell-all. It’s the kind of well-tempered book we would expect from this Oscar-nominated lyricist and mother of Brody and Brandon Jenner.
"I got offers right away to write books — big money offers after Elvis died", Thompson says in her Memphis-cultured voice,"But I turned everything down. I didn’t want to be that person who capitalized on a lovely, loving, natural relationship.

"It was important to me not to be one of those vampires that bled on him."
Thompson was recently in Las Vegas at an official Elvis contest.
"He would be really astonished by it," she says of Elvis tribute artists.
Elvis and Thompson saw a few Elvis impressionists in their Vegas days.
"He would say, ‘Well, there I am again.’ It was funny. ‘Here I come again,’" she recalls. "Elvis had an irreverent sense of humor. It bonded us."

"We never went out on the town. I was with him four and a half years, and once we went to the restaurant at the Las Vegas Hilton, downstairs in the steakhouse, and we couldn’t finish our meal. It was chaos."

Her Elvis record collection is unlike any other.
"I have his album collection — but just what he collected, the things he listened to."

Thompson is more than Elvis memories. She and Foster co-wrote the Oscar-nominated "I Have Nothing" for Whitney Houston. She has written for other singers. And she has acted in TV shows. She also works with charities for animals, children and old people.

Her adage: "People shouldn’t take life so seriously. None of us is going to get out of this thing alive, anyway." and she’s got this memoir nagging at her.
"Some things I’m privy to," she says, "I’ll have to take to the grave with me.
"I don’t think you ever win by hurting another person," she says. "Don’t sit around and wait for karma to bite somebody in the ass, or to reward you. Just try to do the right thing, and that’s immediate karma: ‘I feel good about myself.’"

(News, Source;LasVegasReview/ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Linda Thompson's Memoir:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Now that is one book I will buy and read!!! Elvis loved her, leaned on her and I think it was very mutual. He was more relaxed and happy when she was around and he truly did appreciate her concern and the fact that "she takes care of me; 'n that's a damn difficult job!" Was a comment he made that struck a chord with me-it was an honest evaluation of just how challenging that could be! Elvis was an honest man probably 85 % of the time...it just blurted out of him sometimes and he tried never to hurt anyone intentionally just because as he put it "I could."
Her book will be honest and selective I am certain, she was and is an honest, down to earth lady. Elvis was lucky to get her attention, and he as much as said he thought that.
Thanks for posting this, we've been waiting to hear from her!
wjh

Post subject: Re: Linda Thompson's Memoir:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:25 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Yes this well be One Book that will be Worth Reading, you can Bet that Linda will be Telling The Truth About Elvis and I Hope what she Says Really Wakes People Up! :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]