It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lisa Confirms New Elvis Movie!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm 
Sun Dial

Lisa Marie Confirms new Elvis Presley Movie: In a recent discussion with the media, Lisa Marie Presley confirmed that talks for a big screen film about the life of her father Elvis have begun and she is all for a credible new biopic.
Without her naming the production it is likely to be 'Last Train to Memphis' which is in pre-production for Fox 2000 with rumoured ('Marley'/'Last King of Scotland') director Kevin MacDonald. Based on the 1995 Peter Guralnick biography, the film chronicles Presley’s early years and his transformation from a high school kid to an overnight sensation credited with ushering in a radical new era in music.
Mick Jagger and Victoria Pearman will produce through their Jagged Films banner along with Steven Bing, who will produce through his Shangri-La shingle. John Fusco is adapting the script.
Jagger has been championing musical biopics lately, clearly a natural fit for the seasoned rocker and he’s also producing a James Brown biopic starring Chadwick Boseman.

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Post subject: Re: Lisa Confirms New Elvis Movie!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:22 pm 
Flame

Thanks Barb for posting this information.

Unfortunately, there are so many movies and books about Elvis' life and I'm a little skeptical that this movie brings Elvis's life and early career over how it actually was.
If this movie based on Guralnick's first book "Last train to Memphis", so maybe it will be a good one - and when Lisa Marie is not influenced by all the crap what is written about her father.

I know that Guralnick's books are treated among fans like an Elvis Bible is, but the second part "Careless Love" is not nearly as good as the first volume. I got the impression that in the second part, it was for Guralnick only about money, because many facts are wrong. But no wonder if you read its source data in Careless Love .....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Angel Eyes, I to hope with Lisa involved with this Latest Elvis Movie that it shows what those early days was like in Elvis' Starting Career and that Lisa has gotten help in getting the Facts of how it all went for her Father. There are still some that are still alive, that were there at that time, to help Lisa get a Movie out about her Dad that is Fact and Not Fiction. I think Lisa has gotten really Frustrated by all of the Nonsense that has been Written about her Father and is wanting to Set The Record Straight, I sure Hope so. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:41 am 
Flame

Hi Barb, that's what I hope too. If she is not influenced by the stories of her mother and other "friends" of Elvis and listen only by her heart and of what she know about her dad, then maybe it will be a real-life movie.
:hello:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm 
Sun Dial

:D :hello: Angel Eyes, I really do believe that Lisa is going by what she remembers of her father and I Truly Believe Lisa isn't having anything much to do with her Mother or Her Influence anymore. I also believe that before this movie comes out, Lisa well make very sure this is The Truth about her father. I almost forgot to let you know, that I don't have a Face Book Account or my Elvis group in Face Book anymore. My writing hand is feeling some better so I might try and write you a letter, and I promise if I do to get your Zip Code Right Okay? :D :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]