It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis - a Touch Football Game
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14 pm 
Flame

On December 28, 1956 appeared following article at the Memphis Commercial Appeal:

Elvis, The All-American Boy, Proves A Triple Threat Mat At Touch-Football MEMPHIS – Elvis (the Pelvis) Presley, teen-agers' rock and roll idol, Elvis Presley playing touch football at the Dave Wells Community Center December 27, 1956. Several hundred people watched the singer pass, kick and run a touchdown. Presley joined the rough game shortly after lunch and played until dark, taking turn in line and backfield. Though spilled often by crisp blocking, this million dollar entertainment package came through with but a few bruises and contusions – his manager - Colonel Tom Parker - will be happy to hear.

Elvis fades back and heaves a pass during a sandlot touch football game. It connected for one of the many touchdowns

Photos were taken by Barney Sellers - Commercial Appeal

Post subject: Re: Elvis - a Touch Football Game
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Elvis was the Most Gorgeous Man who Every Walked This Earth, Inside and Outside. But He Sure Wasn't Know Sissy or Afraid of Getting Rough and in the Dirt, I have always Liked Foot Ball and what a Day I Never would have Forgotten if I could have watched this Foot Ball Game Live and in Living Color! :D Thanks Just Love the Picture's! :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]