It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Presley's hair used to write his 'last song'
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 pm 
Flame

Elvis Presley's hair used to write his 'last song'!: Will the craziness ever stop? Now Elvis' "last song" has supposedly been written by a scientist armed with a computer and a lock of Elvis' hair. Stuart Mitchell was chosen by Rolling Stone magazine to produce the unique musical score using the DNA profile from a lock of Elvis’ iconic quiff. The result was immortalised in a short documentary starring Stuart, 53, shown at the Cannes Film Festival.
Stuart, from Musselburgh, East Lothian, has a worldwide reputation for turning DNA copy numbers into music.
He first gained recognition with a composition based on the Da Vinci Code, the symbols hidden in Rosslyn chapel, near Edinburgh.
He and his music teacher dad Thomas, 82, worked out that sculptures in the chapel related to musical notes.
For the new project, he used Elvis’s unique DNA code to put together a
new tune. "I was delighted to be asked to bring Elvis back to life because he is the biggest musical celebrity in the world and loved by millions.
"It was a poignant moment when I received Elvis’s DNA code from the lab carrying out the test. "There were tears in my eyes when I heard what a beautiful melody his DNA had. The sound is not at all rock and roll. It’s almost like a simple lullaby.
"What makes the project extra special for me is that people around the world will be able to hear and use Elvis’ DNA music for free. If they make any money from it, if it is used in a hit record, for example, it can be donated to the foundation set up by Elvis to help homeless kids."
He first heard DNA being used to make music in 2002 and started his own firm, DNA Music, nine years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cECmZa6DmUY

Source;ElvisInfoNet

Post subject: Re: Elvis Presley's hair used to write his 'last song'
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 am 
Site Admin

I there Liliane!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS SO EVERYONE CAN READ IT...AND LISTEN. I loved it that this could be done, has been being done and they finally got to
Elvis. That little piece of music is lovely, very subtle and
pretty and he'd like it. It didn't surprise me that it would
come off sounding so sweetly gentle and trickling like a
little gentle stream over some rocks. This is a guy who
would sing lullaby's to his little daughter when she was barely a few days old...and loved to watch her and hold
her. He was one of the kindest, most gentle and good hearted people I ever came across...and yet he was turned into ELVIS from such an early age... Very few young guys handle such acclaim as well, and with the grace that he had and continued to have toward it all. He loved being ELVIS he would say, yet when his health failed him, and he didn't look like he thought ELVIS should, he still went out and used that beautiful voice to soothe our souls and fire us up with energy... However, that little DNA lullaby is a true
inner essence of what the man was...it made me want to cry when I heard it...because it so much reminded me of
his heart and the grace and kindness he showed to his fans and many friends as well... I LOVED HEARING IT! I think I will like to put it on cd- so it would play over and over...for the peace and gentleness it brings to one's heart...
Thanks again,
Love always
wjh

Post subject: Re: Elvis Presley's hair used to write his 'last song'
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Liliane, thank you so much for posting. So lovely and special
THANK YOU, that's amazing!!
A special message from Elvis, who officially never wrote and composed his own songs.....(A)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]