It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: meyers comments
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:45 pm 
Peacock

http://www.petitiononline.com/01081935/petition.html
pleas sign. he made a very cruel comment about our guy!
love, maral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

O.K, I signed it. Here's someone else spreading lies about Elvis, and he portrayed Elvis in a movie. Claims he came to the conclusion that Elvis was gay based on all his "research". Thinks that just because because Elvis used stage make-up, was a fancy dresser & loved his mother dearly that Elvis was a homosexual. He doesn't know anything about Elvis. When Elvis was lonely he looked to women for intimate companionship. Clearly JRM's research on Elvis was not very good.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Elvis dressed like his "idols"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:06 am 
Site Admin

As a young teen Elvis liked to go to Beal Street to listen to the music, he admired the way the entertainers and musicians dressed and wore their hair. He loved their clothing and the cool way they looked and noticed that people liked them. He was very shy, an only child often is and he hadn't had a lot clothing or any thing like those musicians and singers wore. He wanted to look like them, just as kids today dress like their "idols" singers and muscians...nothing weird, strange or homosexual about it. Elvis loved women, he liked guys-big difference.
He wanted to be with women, he liked playing sports and roughhousing with guys-big difference. He loved his mother, he was an only child, the surviving son of twin boys, he was a sickly child, low immune system and nearly died a few times, of course he would be close to his mother-she was all he had as his father was away from home quite often working or looking for work. That doesn't make him homosexual. Elvis was an entertainer,
they usually wear stage makeup when they perform-Elvis performed constantly when he wasn't trying to make enough money working a job to get to some place to perform. He wore black eye make so his blue eyes would show up well on stage-who told him to do that-another entertainer. He dressed in different clothing to attract attention-he was trying to be somebody in the business-that doesn't make him a homosexual. Elvis stepped off the stage during a filmed concert in Vegas and walked down among the fans in the audience-his men body guards went along to help him get through the crowd...Elvis said of that event, he didn't kknow so many women were interested in feeling his butt-then he said, "At least I HOPE it was ALL women-Lord!" Not an expression a homosexual would have made-is it? I've been kissed by Elvis- the first time when he was 26 years old-he was not a homosexual by any discription of the term. That Irish man has been at the pub too many times...probably crying the blues since he only does soap opreas since playing "Elvis" in that series. He did a pretty good job "playing Elvis" but it takes more than that to be able to measure up to Elvis.... sorry fella, you just took the wrong turn...ain't no way you're getting back. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

I kissed him too...and watched him close-up with women. ABSOLUTLEY NOT GAY!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

read this in another group as Mr.Gellers comments..

"Just returned from being in Sedona Arizona.

Johnathan Rhys Meyers statement is ridiculous, absurd, out-of-the-question and deeply offensive. But I'm not surprised, seeing as though he's bi-sexual. I knew about this when it was announced that he was going to portray Elvis., and a lousy selection at that! How EPE allowed that is beyond me.

I hope this finds you well."

LOVE,
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:46 pm 
I signed the petition as well!

Where did JRM get off making false comments about Elvis...
He is beyond low to say all those rumours when Elvis isn't even here to defend himself... :x.. If he thought so little of Elvis why did he portray him in the movie...If he did his homework as an "actor" he would know that Elvis loved woman! If Elvis was still alive, JRM would be sued for slander, but since he is not...I still wonder why Lisa Marie doesn't make a statement...maybe if she did it would stop others from thinking they could say whatever they want about Elvis...

I can't believe they even chose him to play Elvis in the movie...He clearly can't act or lip synch...It was a joke!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:48 pm 
Sorry, by the way the previous post at 9: 46p.m about Jonathan Rhys Meyers is by me elvis4ever not Guest...
I forgot to login...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I also noticed that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is rather short and Elvis was tall @ 6 ft 2". Didn't seem to me to be even close height wise. The actor who played Colonel Parker in the movie towered over JRM's Elvis and that wasn't the case in real life.

Post subject: He was still growing...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Hi, in real life Elvis was just under 6 ft-he was 6'2 with his boots on...but when he met the Col he was just 19 years old and he was still growing. He grew 2 inches in the army and came out just under 6ft tall. But he liked being 6'2" of course and never said differently. He told me if he stacked his hair and measured it he could be that tall barefoot so what was the difference. He seemed really tall the last time I saw him, I had forgotten he was so much taller than me-I am 5'3" and it was weird how tall he was-funny that I didn't remember him being that tall. Of course, it had been a while since I had seen him alone. Sitting in an audience looking at a person standing above you on a stage and then in Vegas there was a mob of people and I was lucky to even see his head and shoulders most of the time. Up stairs I was sitting down and there again were people and Elvis was sitting down across the room laughing at comic Buddy Hackett who had him all but rolling out of his chair onto the floor while Mr. Hackett didn't crack a smile-just kept mush-mouthing the one liners and stories as Elvis fell apart laughing. It was a sight to see! Anyway, Col Parker did appear to be a bit taller than Elvis in the beginning but not in later years-Elvis grew and Parker shrunk. I am going to put up a post where Elvis is explaining how scared he was when he finally agreed to do that television comeback show and how hard he worked on it, what it meant to his future and everone elses around him. It explains a lot of things, how much that career absorbed him, especially at that time in his life. I'd like your take on it-I am going to edit quite a bit out, more personal things but still get the point made by leaving his comments entact in every other way. Nothing about his marriage etc: but it had a great affect on it and I think that will come across just in what he says about his fears and efforts. If you don't think other people will "get it" then it can came down before too many see it. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:09 am 
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT WANDA, SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. BARB!

Page 1 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next