It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: pieces of his life
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:48 am 
Site Admin

It's up now, on the Pieces of his life site-Scared...me silly wjh I'm still going to be up a while. It's a fast read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 pm 
I think JRM was only looking for some free publicity, but he really went about it the wrong way...If he thinks spreading rumours and being disrespectful to our beloved Elvis will get him fame and fortune, he has a lot to learn...He should be ashamed of himself! I don't care what he says, because he really is a "nobody" and he's not an "actor", by any means, but it bothered me that he would spread lies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I didn't like his comments/lies either. I can take solace in that I doubt many will believe him. Elvis loved too many women for JRM's words to be taken seriously.

Taking a different spin & further disproving JRM's claim that Elvis was gay, is a quote I recently read from Jess Stearn/Larry Geller's book "Elvis' Search for God".
Elvis surmised that Hell could possibly be a place where there's no women:
Quote:
". . .How about women? They're not mentioned. Do we do without them where we go? Maybe that's what the preachers' hellfire is all about. No women for us poor sinners."

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The U S Male talks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

PLAINLY, CLEARLY AND PROBABLY thinking, "Oh gawd...!
say it isn't so!" wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:39 pm 
HE WAS AND STILL HIS MOST DEFINTLY ALL "U.S. MALE"!! :wink: BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maybe he was aware that ALL WOMEN MERIT HEAVEN! :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, today I have seen "Elvis The Early Years", with Mr. Jonathan Rhys Meyers playing the role of Elvis Presley.

Observing Mr. JRM in this film, one comes to the conclusion that you can not express what you have not developed inside and that you do express what you are carrying inside at the moment of filming it.

JRM's acting expresses a dark, plain, sad, foolish and desequilibrated Elvis.

When there appear in the same plane Elvis and Priscilla, after knowing how beautiful they were in the real life, it shocks how far away from that reality the actual actors are and are presented.

The one that -seems to me- corresponds to the shadowy tone of the film, is Col. Tom Parker.

I find pathetic the ausence of light, while telling the story of someone so loved and known for millions. Apparently, all these millions were fools and fooled. But the worst is that, in the last titles, there appeared the consulting of Elvis Presley Enterprises!It seems such a pitty that EPE just leaves there the image of Elvis as such a little and stupid personage. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maybe they are as surprised of the results as we are and can't help it. :roll:

(You can see I'm trying hard to be positive.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

I watched the entire series, looking for "Elvis" and didn't find him in very many places-and yes, they did have or rather she did have lots of say in the script etc; approval and so forth and did pick him. He was the "closest" to how they thought Elvis looked back then I guess? Remember that she didn't know Elvis then, had no clue as to how he was or what he did or thought or looked-he was already in deep mourning for his mother and the loss of his country and his career, his reason for being, while he served his time in the Army and he said it was almost like time froze for him, he couldn't bring it back-she saw that part of him-from the beginning and I don't think she recognized the Elvis he used to be that finally did come back when he got to do live shows again-that was the Elvis she never knew-and didn't really understand at all...he "returned" to that time, wanting to be that young man in thought and maybe in deed in many ways, and he never did get past being that young man who was thrown into fame greater than anyone of us can understand because no one had been there before and in actuality, never will again. That spot has been filled-so totally in the persona, voice and body of Elvis Presley no one can even squeeze in or surpass because it will not be that time in our Universe ever again. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, things are changing right now. There'll be more Light to enhance Elvis' image through the world. Besides, shadow exists to show what Ligh is, by contrast. :wink:

Page 2 of 3 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next