It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: What are you going to do August 16th
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

i will lit a candle next to his picture and I will see some of my favourite dvd's and I know I will crie, when I see some of my tribute dvd's.

I just cannot help thinking that day about him dying there, collapsing on the bathroom ground.

What were his last toughts, did he suffer, etc...

I just can't get it out of my mind.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:28 pm 
i will put the tv on at 5am and me and my girls will watch elvis all day and at 9 i will light a candle for him to let his soul pass with peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:29 pm 
that was me maria

Post subject: August 16
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:42 am 
Sun Dial

Like every other day, I will listen to Elvis on my way to and from work and when my students are gone to other classrooms. (I teach 5th graders. :) ) Hey, I saw a 4th grader today with an Elvis T-shirt on! I commented on it, and she just smiled! Maybe I'll have her in my class next year. :wink: I had a boy last year in my class who was a fan!

I will also go to www.elvis.com and write a note on the virtual wall and read the comments others have made and probably cry a little 'cause I still miss him so much after 29 years. Worst day of my life. "It's been so long now, and it seems like it was only yesterday. Yeah, ain't it funny how time slips away." And I am so touched that you guys and I are not the only "crazies" still out there. :wink: I have never met or seen any of you or any of those writing on the virtual wall, but we all share a bond. So to my "friends through Elvis," thanks for being there for me so I can better understand Elvis and why I feel for him as I do, and to have a place where someone always wants to talk Elvis. Oops, there are those tears. :cry: Love to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

There are a bunch of documentaries on him on both the "Biography" and the "Entertainment" channel. I will tape some and hope for the best in what they have to offer. I am NOT taping or watching the "final days" one!

I will light a candle for him on the SHS site:

http://www.spiritheart.org/flash/prayer_request/prayer_request.html

He doesn't need our prayers I don't think, but it is a token of LOVE and REMEMBERANCE which all souls on this and the other side are receptive to and benefit from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I am lighting a candle today in honor of Elvis & his memory.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: My Day
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

I am going to try to think about the way he laughed-that squeaky giggle-hick-uping laugh he'd do sometimes, usually with a Hummm in front of it. And how he threw his head back and just the loudest laugh came out when I told him he'd finally reached "too thin" in Vegas 70. He was like a stick -those legs! And how he laughed when I told him he was born in The Year Of the Pig...and busted up giggling and snickering until he couldn't talk when told that his "Cilla was born in The Year of the Dog-Chinese Calendar years. And how much he laughed over the most incidental nothings at times-usually at himself or something he thought and blurted out... And all the times he looked so great on film, and was laughing from the heart and soul out all over him self. Loving life, loving his fans, his people-and though he sometimes tried to avoid the crowds or people at his gates, still that many more thousands of times he went out of his way NOT to avoid anyone who wanted to see him. And how much he'd be upset had no one showed up-thank fully that never happened! Even now, Graceland was teaming with people, candles burning and lines waiting.
May each of us in our own way, continue to keep that flame alive and well for those who will want to know him, won't know why, but will know they have to. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]