It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Obsession
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:59 pm 
Pharaoah

I have a question for you all.

I have the feeling I'm obsessed with Elvis. I think of him constantly and I have no greater desire than to be with him or close to him.
That's the only thing I want. To be close to him. Every day I hope to receive some kind of sign of his 'presence'.

Do any of you have this same feeling?

Post subject: Understanding-
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I understand. Sometimes I wish so much to be able to hug him, to feel him hugging me. I also wish to be able to talk to him, listen to him and hear him laugh. Sometimes it is almost like he is going to call or I will see him somewhere. But I think it's just our soul desiring so much to return to it's source and Elvis is there. He made it-and we know that he is waiting for us because he said he would. I think everyone has this need to return to the source-to go back to being that spiritual light being that is now living inside a flesh body with it's weaknesses and yearnings. We feel this need and it is translated through our physical selves because that's what we are now. It isn't harmful unless it overtakes every aspect of our lives. It isn't an obsession unless we can't function away from it. It is just a natural desire of our spirits to be with our loved ones. I love Elvis and did from the day I met him, I think maybe even from the first conversation on the phone-it was there. Maybe I knew him in other past lives? I don't know, but he sure did make an impression and from then on, I wanted to be where he was, wanted to talk to him, listen to him and never a day went by, didn't think or speak of him. But he didn't "take over" my life with my husband and child or my everyday acrtivities-he enriched them all.
I think if you can relax about it, let things happen as they are meant to be, try to think about him as waiting, and when the time is right, when you have completed your purpose on this earth which you will do and must do in order to go back to that great source of love and understanding that is now Elvis' , things will be better and you may just find out that he has been with you all along and that you just haven't been noticing because you want it so much. Most people have that kind of experience, when you least expect it, least think of it, then boom, there it is right when needed and as it should be. No, honey pie, you are not obsessing...you yearn, dream and wish, but that's okay. Please relax and let it happen as it should because the ways of the universe are not layed out in any set way, they come as they are n eeded and they come in subtle ways that sometimes are unnoticed until later or that stand out and shine like glory. We just need patience and a humble heart. Please be happy and know that you are loved and cared for by earthlings and spirituallings as well. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

WONDERFULLY PUT, WANDA. You said there everything I could dream to say.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

never a day went by, didn't think or speak of him. But he didn't "take over" my life with my husband and child or my everyday acrtivities-he enriched them all.
quote from Wanda

He enriched your life.

That is how it is supposed to be I think. That's how I want to think about him also but he is never out of my toughts neither.
He is in my heart forever but he has to share that place with my kids, my husband, my parents and my friends that is for sure :wink:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:42 pm 
Pharaoah

Thanks for your anwers.
Don't worry these feelings are not taking over my life. But it is sometimes just so frustrating to have to miss him.
As far as my life is concerned there isn't much to take over. That's probably one of the reasons I think so much about him. I haven't got a husband or a child, like most of you here. As a matter of fact I haven't got a large family at all. It's just me and my mother. I kind of consider Elvis as my family.
Wanda is speaking of a special purpose we all fulfill here on earth. I can't imagine what mine is. Maybe it'll come to me along the journey. Wanda is probably right when she's saying that I'm trying too hard. But I can't help it. And yes, he's been probably here with me all the time. Like Wanda I have the feeling that I've maybe known him in a previous life. Maybe Elvis knows??? Maybe he'll take to Maia about it one time, who knows??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Renenutet,

Sometimes I also wonder why are we so much involved with him.

I know he has millions of fans but there are fans and fans of course.

Here on the ELC we are all so much alike.

We love him so much, he is not out of our toughts for one moment,etc...

we are all connected to each other and here is really such a strong friendship

MAYBE we are all connected to eachother trough him and maybe a past live we all shared WITH him.

Maybe Maia can find that out for us.

It keeps me busy alreaddy a long time.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:25 pm 
Pharaoah

You wrote exactly what I meant. There are fans, people who love him for his music, and than there are fans, people who feel really deeply about him. Makes you indeed wonder about a connection between us AND him.

If I'd be the only one thinking like this, I'd surely think I'd lost my mind. But since several of us think this way ..... could it be ... we knew him in another life ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:41 am 
Sun Dial

I tried to explain to a friend when I first discovered Evis hosw much I loved him but people dont get it.
Unless you are an Elvis fan you cant I guess.

Hope you are all having a great weekend

Natalie.x.

Last edited by Bloom on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have the feeling I'm obsessed with Elvis. I think of him constantly and I have no greater desire than to be with him or close to him.
That's the only thing I want. To be close to him. Every day I hope to receive some kind of sign of his 'presence'.

I BELIEVE ELVIS ADDRESSES THIS IN HIS RECENT MESSAGE THROUGH ME:

elvislightedcan-about879.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

this reminded me something..many years ago, in a health book about diseases ,symptoms and such,in the pages where it gives information about "Obsession",the example they gave was,"Elvis love"!!..lord ! :shock: :shock: I couldn't believe my eyes, how people still afraid of his impact ..and I was upset of course..I never thought he hindered any of my daily activities..it's quite the opposite..he helps me and uplifts me and gives me the courage to go on,in what I'm doing..nothing and no one could make me feel guilty for loving him..I only feel fortunate to be aware of him and loving him that much and feeling him, always around me.. :)

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next