It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Memphis 2007
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:37 pm 
Pharaoah

Next year it'll be 30 years ...

I keep asking myself if I should go to Graceland.

A Belgian fanclub is organising a trip and there are only about 8 places left. So I must decide quick.

On one hand I think that such a trip is very very very expensive. And I wonder if I should be spending my money in a better way. After all, visiting Graceland, will not bring Elvis back. I even haven't got all his songs on CD, so I keep asking myself if it isn't a better idea to buy some extra CD's and to spend the rest of the money on something more usefull.

On the other hand being there will probably make me feel closer to him. And I can't help but wonder if he isn't expecting us to be there? I wouldn't want to let him down.

In 1987, when I was 17, I already visited Graceland. It was wonderful.

Post subject: Go to Graceland!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:28 am 
Sun Dial

I know you said you'd been before in 1987, but that was almost 20 years ago. There are probably many things there now that weren't on exhibit then. If you feel the desire to go, you should. An opportunity has presented itself --take advantage and enjoy the trip! I went last year, and it was a dream to be there and see everything.

Post subject: to go or not to go
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:34 am 
Site Admin

The opportunity is here now-and so is Graceland for now-but how much longer? Anyones guess as there are the tornardos, floods, terrorists etc; and it's an old house, it could burn. I don't know if they put the sprinklers in the ceilings as he was thinking about having done as it was new and he'd read about it and there had been wiring problems which he had fixed in all his adding ons and etc;. I worried about tornardo's last year as they came close...and could just picture his things scattered heather and yon all over the place for miles!
Nothing is forever and I'd go if it were me and I could manage it. It may never happen again-but don't go for his sake...go for yours! He can go and be anywhere he wants and if he wanted to see you, he'd do it without your making that trip. Just go to see his things, feel his home and make memories for yourself. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]