It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:35 am 
Sun Dial

What is the best movie on Elvis any anyone has seen?

Mine is this is Elvis:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:25 pm 
Sun Dial

Yes that is true...Only Elvis can truly play Elvis but some others have done a good job potrying him but gee there have been some real shockers aswell :)
Natty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:46 am 
White Swan wrote:
Don Johnson and Dale Midkiff being two of the shockers, maybe?!

Yes.... Deffinatley :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

TCE
Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:51 am 
Sun Dial

I forgot to log in :oops: :lol:

Post subject: Vedio-Rock A Doodle
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

I may have mentioned this earlier in time, but I wanted to again since it's Christmas and they may have the out for sale again. This little video is so cute-and it's a take off on Elvis' life, Ann-Margret and the Col and his henchmen. Glen Campbell sings for the rooster Chanticlair who sings /crows and the sun comes up down on the farm. All the hens think he's so cute and handsome and he's single too...The rooster is quite a macho chicken and has baby blue eyes and a beautiful voice that wow's the farmy creatures. But then there is a flood, the little boy Edmond's family has to rescue the animals etc:..while they are gone the little boy reflects on the story book about Chanticlair and the owls that his mom was reading to him. He gets up to go to the window and yell ofr Chanticlair to come back as in the book the Duke Owl has someone pick a fight, keeping the rooster Chantie busy so the sun starts to come up without him crowing about it. They all laugh at him then, he is so ashamed that he's a "fake" that he goes to the big city to start over. In the meantime the Duke comes, picks a fight with Edmond who wants to find the rooster and get him back to stop the rain and floods. The Duke turns him into a kitty because they are easier to digest...
he's going to eat him...but the big gooffy dog comes to the rescue, Edmond the cat finds the flashlight and turns it on runing the owl away. Then all the farm animals show up to help Edmond who is still the kitty go to the big city and find the rooster. Who has become a star and sings on stage wowing people with his voice-and he has girl friend that the Owl wants him to have, to keep him from being so blue etc:...she talks like Ann M. and the rooster and her hang out in a secuded "pad" way up at the top of the building where he's appearing...but he's just not happy...then Edmond and the little friends come to town to get him...the owl interfeers of course-and the chase is on. It's a great little story and follows Elvis life pretty good...I like it very much and kids who've seen it that I know of, also love to play it over often. Even big ones. Me too. It was a movie play by the guy who did all dogs go to heaven and the writer of the script is one who wrote for Elvis movies and whom Elvis knew well...
David Weiss. So he KNEW what to write into it and he sure did. It's very cute...entertaining and clean as a whistle. I wish they'd make more-using Elvis ....as whatever! He'd like it-I hope Lisa has seen it. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

My nephews would probably love it. So the name is Rock A Doodle? I never heard of it, but will keep it in mind. Sounds like a really cute movie.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Video- It's a Video cassette
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know if it was made into a DVD yet or if ever-but it comes as a Video cassette...and is just Rock-A-Doodle for the name. It is really cute and the rooster does Elvis on stage, totally so and it has a either a big wolf as the Col. or a fat fox...with his henchmen who try to control "The King" that is what the rooster is called in Vegas...and of course lives up in the high pent house...and has his blond hen who has the Ann Margret sweet little voice etc:...she falls for the KING and helps him in the end. And then he takes her and returns to the farm and saves the day by finally crowing...even though the Col. wolf is after him. And the owl's from the night creatures are the mafia I think, they try to "delude" him etc: and he even smacks his head and is addled for a bit in the thing. It's very "close" to reality and done strictly for fun as it's a cartoon and is well made too. I hope you can find it-in fact if I run across any of them I will buy a couple as mine is old and it can't be copied either-it's protected with the built in thing-or else my and Starla's machine is designed not to copy copywrited things...apparently that is the case! We just get zigs and zags or it says it can't copy it due to it's etc;. Darn. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'll keep that cartoon in mind and try to find it! 8)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:22 pm 
THANKS WANDA I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT, I WELL HAVE TO TRY AND FIND IT. FAIRYTALE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:16 am 
Sun Dial

HI Julie

I just got my copy of touched by Love in the mail.Thankyou so much - it was so loveley of you to send that to me.Be expecting something special in the mail from me soon : )

Wow I am such a lucky girl to have met so many wonderful and beautiful people on this forum.

Natalie :)

Page 3 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3