It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Linda Tompson
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:25 pm 
hello everyone
I just read on the tcb forum that Linda tompson is coming out with a book about her life with elvis. I think l might give it a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Linda was good to Elvis. I have hopeful expectations for her book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:09 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, I share your impression that something positive will come with that book.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

All along about 25 years I wondered why SHE didn't write a book, and wanted that very much.
You see, all our desires will find fullfillment....if we only wait long enough :wink: :roll: :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm 
I don't know why she didn't write a book? I didn't like her and her sons in the show with david foster, he and the kis called elvis the fat elvis and so on, and Linda didn't say to much when they were saying that stuff about elvis, that the only thing that turned me away from Linda alittle bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That was an awful episode.

But overall Linda was good for him when he was alive.

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

I think at that time in Linda's life she was holding on for dear life to herself and trying her best to make it through whatever was happening in her life. It can't have been easy for her, she carried such a heavy burden because she left him just months before he was gone. I think she felt so much guilt concerning "had I been there" etc;...no one was looking out for him-of course he made it very difficult for anyone to do that-and there were so many around who didn't see, didn't understand where he was at mentally or emotionally and he kept it bottled up so much. He was playing the game, trying to go on and turning a deaf ear to anything else around him except what he had to deal with...and he put himself last, covered it all up and gave everyone the wrong impressions because of it. Linda had all the emotional stress she could handle I'm sure...and more with her own life at that time. It sometimes take years to face some things-we stick them away, refuse to face them and then they come back and smack us in the face. I believe that was reality for her-I hope she has everything in perspective now and is on the road to long term happiness. Life hasn't been easy for Linda, after all she was sooo close to Elvis and he cared very much for her-so much he booted her out the door in the only way he could think of that worked...choosing other women over her... he was hurt also, but he did what he felt was the best for her at that time. I believed him when he said what little he did say about those days, concering Linda whom he missed and yearned for often after she left...
she was a light in his life, and also in his daughter's life but he couldn't bear to see her watching him falling apart.
Again, he did what he had to do. In his way of thinking, he had to do it.
I hope that Linda will do him proud in her book...they shared so many good times, she loved him so much and he in turn did love her-more than she may have realized back then. He just didn't have a normal life style, and he wasn't ready to give it up or willing to make the kind of changes in his personal life that he thought would turn out badly if he did try to do that. After all, it didn't work the first time. He didn't want to ever go through that again. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:22 pm 
Linda was good for him, that no lie, but if he was in love with her, than why was he trying to get priscilla to came back, and than turn around and go with ginger? I don't think she's the same Linda she used to be, but han agin l am a priscilla fan too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Guest,

Do you think Priscilla is still the same person she used to be???

In my opinion:

She "became" hard and cold.

I still wonder WHAT made her like that, and WHO made her like that.

I think the Priscilla we know now and the Priscilla who was his bride are two different persons.

She looked a nice girl and her eyes were full of love for him.

Something changed ...and not for the better.

But don't we all change.

Live makes us all a bit harder, colder and sometimes more i

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:22 pm 
priscilla isn't the most liked woman by elvis's fan, but the turth is she not going away like it or not she's here to stay. I don't see the two sides to priscilla, everybody different when they grow up, and face the world. Me bring a elvis fan l will have some respect for cilla not just fore elvis, but Lisa Marie too! I hope l didn't get naybody mad, but we are intilited to our opioions, that what makes us all different and unique.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next