It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

On the BBC part, there is that small segment off of one of Wanda's tapes - Elvis talking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:18 am 
Sun Dial

maia wrote:
On the BBC part, there is that small segment off of one of Wanda's tapes - Elvis talking.

Your Avator is so beautiful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 am 
Sun Dial

Rainbow Light wrote:
Great to hear that; while a small segment it's no less precious or special! Was great to watch and listen to and thank you, Maia, for allowing us to have the opportunity to have a copy made of the tape for us, much appreciated!
:D :D

You have a beautiful avator aswell.... I saw a double rainbow a couple of months ago.... It was so beautiful.... What does that mean?

TCE,
Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all! :D I am SO sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this topic but like what has already been posted, I too have been having trouble accessing the site and the forum. :oops: :( So far so good today though. :wink: :) My thanks to Laurie, Sue, Julie and Natalie for the explanation as to what's on the tape. :D It does sound like something I'd like to have so if it's still ok with you Julie, I'll send you a pm to find out what you need in order for me to have a copy. :) My thanks in advance to you too Maia for making this possible! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I watched Maia's tape and really enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to hear Wanda & Suzy share their memories, though parts I could not hear due to the poor sound quality but still I could catch most of it.

I'm so glad Wanda you showed a close-up of the letter to Elvis from his mother and chuckled with the ladies on the tape as Wanda was reading the endearing part about his mamma warning him about them bad women. I wonder how well Elvis followed that sound motherly advice.

I do wish I could go directly to the part where we hear Elvis' voice commenting on spiritual matters. I would like to quickly go back to that part over and over again but doesn't seem like there is an easy way.

Maia, you have a beautiful voice!!!!! OMG, that last part where you are singing that ancient language, that pretty sound remained with me for some time. You and your husband come across well on film.

Post subject: tape
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi, thanks for the review-I can barely recall that time-I just know it was hard for me to talk about him, but by then I was getting more used to it and didn't have to fight off tears...etc;...and I do remember the letter though haven't seen it in years and years-to be honest, Elvis did try to "stay away from those" women-he said he'd go out side like she asked (and too, he was underage and had to be out of the club when not on stage) and stay away from the "kinda women comin' in there" but then he got older and smarter and the Col. came along...and the girls got more agressive as time went by-he spent 3 years working at being some body to be noticed before he ever got on tv and hit big time...
so he did a lot of changing and growing up although I don't think he really did fully grow up in many ways-kind of stuck in time back there when he was innocent, trusting and hadn't seen so much of the "under belly" of life in the big city etc:... He looked for that in women too I think, innocence of spirit even if not in body...if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the tape and sorry the sound isn't really good-it was a long time ago-Maybe I should get a copy so I could see what's on it-really I haven't much of a clue other than what you've said today. Too much inbetween time has passed... And I don't sound like that now-most of the time if I talk much, I lose my voice quite a bit- I'm glad there is a part of him on there-that's about all that has ever been "out there" that I know about and until someone connected to EPE comes across or "finds" more, that'll be it. Somewhere in all that "stuff" they have, it's bound to be there and wouldn't be taking up much space either. Who knows where he put it-he kept everything.
And doesn't Maia have a beautiful clear singing voice! I think she and Simeon are the perfect couple-they found each other and that is a story all of it own! Maia also has a great speaking voice when she made tapes on the subjects she is so intune with...I liked listening to her alot. She is extremely talented and I hope this year she will gain enough weight to keep from floating out into space some breezy day. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:54 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I just know it was hard for me to talk about him,

I remember the scene Wanda where you had to walk out of the room because you were tearing up. I felt for you.

And yes Maia does also have a great speaking voice. Listening to the tape, I found her voice to be clear, calming and soothing, with a lyrical quality about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I just love to have that tape. The saddest part for me was I didn't get to understand full lenght what Elvis talks in that little bit. I'll play it with earphones to try to catch what he says, now that visitors left and I'll have a little more freedom to replay and replay it. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie,

I'll try to make a copy of mine. If it works, I'll send it to Mary, asking her address. If not, I'll tell here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have already the copy done. Mary, could you please pm me your post address?

As soon as I get it, I'll send you Maia's tape copy.

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next