Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Presley - Paternity Suit Book & DVD:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:01 pm 
i just read about this book what do you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Maria,

I haven't read the book or seen the DVD, though I've received emails from Bud Glass of http://www.praytome-publishing.com/ on the matter.
There is a promotion of it on Youtube. It seems Kathy Westmoreland is on the DVD giving her thoughts so that is a good sign.

Here is the Youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9NSt6qoYhLQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:35 am 
Sun Dial

Blue Moon wrote:
Hi Maria,

I haven't read the book or seen the DVD, though I've received emails from Bud Glass of http://www.praytome-publishing.com/ on the matter.
There is a promotion of it on Youtube. It seems Kathy Westmoreland is on the DVD giving her thoughts so that is a good sign.

Here is the Youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9NSt6qoYhLQ

Another money making book...... Sad.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I've seen only You-tube and apart from the wonderful pictures and short videos of Elvis ( :wink: ) the whole thing...book and DVD seem very unneccessary to me.
Yes, Natty, only money-making :(

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I feel better about it after listening to a short audio interview with Bud Glass.
Here is the link to that inteview (click on interviews):
http://www.chuckobrienpresents.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is a review from someone who has seen the DVD. While the Youtube promotion is very sensationalized, it seems the DVD has a lot more substance to it, at least per the comment below, and others too I've read as well but thought too long to fit here. In the past, Bud Glass Productions of www.behind-the-image.com has produced high quality stuff, so I was inclined to reserve judgement until knowing more.

Here is one review:

Quote:
The very first thing I want to tell everyone is simply to NOT let the title put you off!
This project is not about sensationalism or about dragging Elvis and his name through the mud all over again.

Like many fans, I lived through this time in Elvis career and we all heard about Patricia Parker and her paternity suit.
Most fans felt that it could easily be true. We did not know or have all the details. We had no way of knowing what she put Elvis through either.

This project is outstanding in the way that everything is time lined, documented and investigated. It is amazing to see how much time and effort must have gone into this. This was not thrown together quickly or haphazardly.

The price is well worth the 95 minute DVD alone. You get exclusive film footage and photos that you will not find anywhere else. The book that comes with the DVD is a bonus! From the book you can study the documents that were found in greater detail, and there are some outstanding photographs as well. These could easily have been sold separately for more money. Once you own the DVD and book you will see that they really are worth every penny.

Get the facts, not the gossip. Find the truth as it is really known. No more speculation folks on a black mark on Elvis personal life.

The Elvis Presley Paternity Suit uncovered will give you an education on a chapter of Elvis life you probably knew little about. It will strengthen your belief in Elvis character. You will enjoy the rare film clips, photos and Elvis himself talking candidly.

I do indeed recommend this DVD and book to all Elvis fans. You really won't be sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:39 am 
Sun Dial

Christine wrote:
I've seen only You-tube and apart from the wonderful pictures and short videos of Elvis ( :wink: ) the whole thing...book and DVD seem very unneccessary to me.
Yes, Natty, only money-making :(

How many "tell all" books can his "friends" write about him????? Some of the books are great and you can see they are written because they trully desire to share with us but alot of them are just more money making crap in my opinion.

TCE
Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I guess I'm in the minority here then. Yes, the Youtube promotion is tacky, but there have been some good reviews (I posted one above). Also, Kathy Westmoreland is in it and I have a hard time believing she would be a part of something using Elvis purely for money.

Now, I could be wrong on this. But w/o having seen the DVD, I don't feel inclined to write a review on it yet and say it is either crap or something worthwhile.
If I wasn't poor as a church mouse I would get the DVD and see for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I guess I'm in the minority here then. Yes, the Youtube promotion is tacky, but there have been some good reviews (I posted one above). Also, Kathy Westmoreland is in it and I have a hard time believing she would be a part of something using Elvis purely for money.

Dear Laurie,

I'm in the minority too then. I share your very same reasons to hold back any negative review on that suspiciously titled DVD. Prejudices may close many doors, as all of us must had experimented sometime in our lifetime. Elvis did, for sure. I was prejudiced against Elvis too before "meeting" him in "King Creole". What a fool I was...! :roll: :roll:

I'm counting on that things concerning Elvis are really changing. Just a little time ago, I would have shared the same instintive repulse. In fact, I was at the brink of it. :wink:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]