It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:25 am 

Hans Holzer actually lives in my neighborhood in NY. I have read most of his books and read this one a quite while ago. Think I will have to go back to it to refresh my memory.

Di

Last edited by Di on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for sharing this with us dear Julie Sharon Rose. :D It does sound like a very intruiging(sp?) and interesting book. I think I'm going to check it out. :) Wanda, I'd love to know what your thoughts are on this book if you wouldn't mind sharing them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Well, I don't know. I recall that book-a friend had it and I looked through it. If it had been anyone but Dee and David - knowing how Elvis felt about her and that he also cared very much for David who "betrayed" him several times as he was growing up though he also was like a personal flunky for Elvis in many ways. He sure didn't honor his step brother very much for quite a few years and I'm not so sure his movie will be much different...from those who have read his book, they agree that it is pretty much an "I, I, I" kind of thing. I don't know it all, and know only what Elvis said while he was here-however, I am a skeptic-for one thing, most of what was in the "seance" has/had been/was available to anyone who wished to read about Elvis life-after all, it was in Elvis, What Happened. And as for what Elvis said to David-who knows? I guess I should give them a few more feet of rope? But I just don't have that kind of forgiveness especially when I think about what D. has said and keeps saying about Elvis, his mother and etc;. Good grief, let's hope "her" movie never sees the light of day!
Also, one must consider when a person allows their body etc:. to be taken over in a seance-how do we/they know for sure it isn't just a very good "impersonator" pretending to come through as Elvis? I have often wondered about that and I have been to seances and even studied with a lady medium who did them-but I wasn't into that kind of thing-it was to learn how to be more spiritually aware and etc: because Elvis was into all that and I wanted to be able to understand what he was saying at least somewhat. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

I do believe (by heart) in you, in your experiences with Elvis before and after his death and in those of many other people and all the friends of the ELC Forum. Yet, something inside tells me not to believe in this case. It is not reasonable, because I have not read the book, yet... :roll: It's like I feel some dense energy produced there. But it's only my feeling.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:00 am 

The strange thing is I have always enjoyed Hans Holzers books but now that my memory has been refreshed I recall seriouosly wondering if this was true because of who was involved (not Holzer). But it puts me in a quandry because I do and have believed his other books and stories. Maybe it was just hopeful thinking.

Di

Last edited by Di on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:27 am 
Peacock

i can't believ this... as wanda pointed out stanlys are NOT trustworthy. so i wouldn't bet my money on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:22 am 
Site Admin

Yes, Julie, it would be great if you could post some of the seances from the book, especially the ones involving Dee and David if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you. :) Like I said in my previous post, the book does sound intriguing, but I must admit that I too have some doubts about anything that David or especially Dee would say concerning Elvis. I say that considering not only how Elvis himself told Wanda he felt about Dee, but also considering the ludicrous and sensationalistic claims she has made against Elvis too. Wanda thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on all of this with us too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:20 am 
Peacock

Quote:
then elvis says my mother left me alone , dont want to be alone

i don't think Gadys would ever leave Elvis alone. in life or in death. just like Elvis i think is always by Lisa's side Gladys is by his making sure he's not lonely.

Quote:
he talks to hans through dorothy , and in 1978., he suposedly said get them people of off of my property , and has says who , he says the public, im a private person and they keep putting rubbish on mummas grave .

this make no sence to me. we all know Elvis is an loving sole. i doubt he don't want fans visit him. and 1978 graceland was still a private place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Julie for bringing this up, as it is quite interesting to read. I never knew that David & Dee had contacted a medium.

However . . .
I had the same thoughts as Maral on both accounts. I too noticed the 1978 date as being before Graceland was opened to the public. Besides, Elvis loved his fans.

And also the part about Elvis complaining after death even that his mother left him alone??? That is all long since over and done with. He is happy now, free to visit and see his mother as often as he wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

I'm interested - like Wanda skeptical, but really mostly because of Dee and her sons involvement. Still, if they weren't really that involved....:roll:

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next