It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for passing this information along to us Sue-Lenora about this book. :D It sounds really interesting and one I'd like to get considering how much respect Elvis had for members of Law Enforcement. :D This one sentence really says it all to me: "He actually appeared to be in awe of us, rather than the other way around." Here's a couple of pictures that show his fun-loving spirit but yet also his love of Law Enforcement :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:21 pm 

I really enjoyed this book. Was different than many of the other ones.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This book sounds like another one for my wish list. I read somewhere that Elvis, back before he became famous, had tried to get accepted into the police force but was too young at the time. At least that's what stands out in my memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

On the pic with the other people Elvis looks so humble and happy!

Quote:
"He actually appeared to be in awe of us, rather than the other way around."

(Elvis can wear ANYTHING and it just looks great!!....must be his inner radience and magnetism!! :wink: )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:24 am 
Site Admin

That's the one career Elvis would have liked had he not been into music etc;...being a policeofficer. He was a Deputy Sherrif in Shelby County-he said he had completed the required tests written and physical and the badge was legit-but of course some of his mm guys ridiculed that statement, saying it was honorary and Elvis wasn't official. Why would he have bothered to say he had done it if it were not? I couldn't understand that-especially when he talked about the things he did, the test questions, and the guys showing him things. And that he went to the shooting range and was a good shot.
He bought the uniforms and everything required and it's my understanding you can't have all that if you don't have a legitimate pass from the department. I don't think Elvis would have said he was official if he weren't-he wouldn't have lied about it-he have just said it was honoary as he did other badges and titles he'd been "given". He was proud to have "earned" that one.
Can't say for sure, but I've seen his badge and his proffesional ID - it's now on display in Graceland or across the street in one of those displays. It is an official ID...and badge...and there is a from what we recall, a letter from the Sheriff stating it's official. So ....
And he loved going on stake outs etc; and he loved riding with the police on runs. And he would have loved being a cop...right down his alley. Defending people who needed help, catching the bad guys and standing up for his country and fellow countrymen and women. He would have even enjoyed having to go to court on cases. Right down his alley. And yes he admired the guys and women who were officers of the law... trying to make the world a better place. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing this information about Elvis wanting to have been in law enforcement with us had he not graced our lives with his beautiful music Wanda. :D Now, I know that each state has different policies somewhat before I make this next statement, but however MOST remain the same. That is, from my Dad being a Police Officer for 30 years in different places, EVERYTHING you said Wanda that Elvis told you that he went through is indeed EVERYTHING you have to go through in order to become a certified Police Officer, Sherriff's Deputy, etc.......so he was MOST DEFINITELY legit!!! :D Oh and of course some of the mm guys would make fun of it or ridicule it. :roll: You see it was just yet ANOTHER way that this wonderful man and so called "friend" of theirs out-classed and out-shined them and achieved something else that they knew they probably never could or would have. People like that seem to enjoy knocking somedown down whenever they're up. Well, sorry guys but 30 years later and he's still DEFINITELY "up"!!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

I forgot to add one more thing he said he had to do and that was take a test that determined if he were mentally and emotionally capable of dealing with people etc:. like a psycological test (sure I mispelled that). I almost became a cop out here a few years (quite a few) ago but things changed with us financially before I did the last test and when they ran a credit report/income check they found out that we owed quite a bit of money and so since I would have been dealing with sensitive information and various types people, I lost out because I might have been tempted etc:...which was okay as the only reason I wanted to be a cop and work in a police department was so I could legally carry a gun. I soon realized had I got that far I probably would have shot somebody as certain things really set me off-like deliberate cruelty to kids and animals etc:. So better I NOT have a gun! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow, Wanda, what an accomplished cop you would do! And Elvis and you together, helping people and defending justice against anything endangering it... You two would be famous soon, no way it could be different! It sounds like a joke, but it is not. Really! :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

You're very welcome Sue! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:50 am 
Rainbow

here is a link to the interview i did with the author
http://www.elvis2001.net/Bob%20Ferguson%20Interview.htm
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next