It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: EIN HAS THE INTERVIEW SUSAN MACDOUGAL DID WITH ME.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

The interview is up on Nigel's EIN website and the link is:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interviews_wandahill.html

Please give Susan a good review for doing the interview with me for Nigel. And if there are negative responses, just ignore them-that works out well. Don't feed them and they die...so says my daughter about negativeity and rumors. Everyone has a right to their own conclusions, even Marty Lacker who "draws his with a dirty stick" it seems. If the interview and the comments can make people come to the ELC site and read some different prespectives about Elvis etc:...then let Marty "howl"-gets attention to the right source! Personally, Marty sold some books for me and poor guy, didn't even realize what he was doing. Didn't learn a thing from being around Elvis-nothin'. wjh
The books are selling daily, usually about ninty to one hundred dollars worth a month goes into my account from sales-that's about 25 books selling every month.
I have broken even on what I've spent on the book but I just bought 12 more to give away to some different places-one being StarBucks that has a basket on the floor with a sign saying, share a book and there are a few laying there. People get them, sit in the lounge and read while having their coffee and some take them out and the girl working there say's they usually return them after they finish. So will leave one of ours there too. We have 5 with lounge areas and baskets in the general vinicinty of Nuevo so will take the tour and do it. I'm putting the little flyers inside so they can give it to others who might be interested too. Word of mouth does alot.
Thanks kids, have a nice week-it's at least cooler here. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 pm 

Wanda:

Loved the interview. It would not let me comment.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

I think it just got up today and it's not all working. But you might have to sign in or register-I don't know about that. There will be nay-sayers and so forth-and we might be 'blessed' with a comment or two from Marty the Slacker as Elvis called him a couple of times in stewing over his not doing "his job". But he'll never say that one! Just how over worked and underpaid etc: they all were...uh-huh. Maybe somebody else will give it a try and can come up with the "secret code" to post on there. Thanks for reading it and trying Di. wjh

I have no idea who the woman is getting her picture with Elvis on the beach-or the man who joins her! It ain't me!
I wish I did have my picture taken with him-but it was stolen with the van and all the other pictures-and it was too late to get another one-he was gone. It was just black and white and not very good anyway but still it was memories. The Straight Talk booklet was just for a few fans who wanted them-I practically gave them away and they were very small, just a few conversations of funny things. And there was a set of 7 I think, but I didn't do maybe 2 dozen of them-and now only have two books myself. I stopped because I didn't feel comfortable using those private conversations even though they were nothing bad or serious really, just fun.
Anyway, I had a letter from LA that suggested I "cease offering them to the public" so I did. And closed all the doors for about 20 years or so. whew! Anyway, I have no clue why Nigel would put that couple with Elvis on the beach in my interview! It is not me! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:00 pm 

The only thing I thought was negative is that she seemed to be doubting you and/or questioning your story which got me a bit angry. They believe all the trash but get a real, honest story and they question it. How can people really believe that the MM knew everyone that he knew and who he spoke with?

They are like children almost who have to one up one another and get jealous of anyone else that may have been friends with him.

With friends like that he sure didn't need enemies.

Wanda it was wonderful that he had you and at least could talk on the phone like everyone else to someone he cared about and trusted.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

The questions were mostly framed from Nigel's point of view- And Susan is a very good interviewer as she remains netural and objective, asking hard questions and getting answers. That's what makes a good journalist and interviewer, I think. I don't mind questioning, if I know, I'll say what I think, if I don't, still will say what I think-I don't know! And I don't like to second guess or try to give another's opinion when I don't know it. I am just glad there isn't any thing I need to "make up" or "turn into something" to get attention! I could care less about the public eye on me-then or now! But I do want the public eye to have something to view other than the d, d, t's some of the mm seem to have to dwell on and eleborate on which does not put any of them or Elvis in a good light! Reminds me of something Elvis said about "spotlights"... "stay under 'em long enough an' anybody'd start stinkin'! Man, they get hot!"
He could come up with some funny things...in the case of certain mm guys, could be true. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

On Nigel's EIN site, there is a comment place to click, you won't see your comment come on screen now-he is having them e-mailed and will go through and choose the one's he wants to run on the site. So you can comment-should anyone want to. I went on to say that it wasn't me and my husband on the beach in those photos with Elvis. And that it was weeks between talking to Elvis on the first phone call and meeting him at MGM. It was late summer because school had started and there were less people on the beach, the waves were bigger and more things washing up on the beach-driftwood etc:. And I never said she was making that movie when I first talked to Elvis at her apartment/house. He was calling to tell her he was going to be doing another and she could be part of it as usual. She had called to find out when to report to the studio-she also did Girls,Girls,Girls, Fun in Acapulco, and two other beach type movies. Kissin Cousins was filmed weeks after I spoke to him- well into 63 when I went to the studio with her on one of the last days he would be there. And how they came up with that to question is beyond me-just looking for any "chink in the "armor" I guess. The problem is, I ain't got any "armor" on! Maybe I need to borrow Elvis' "shield"-he doesn't need it now. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I enjoyed reading the interview and am glad EIN was objective enough to post it, in spite of it's MM leanings. I thought you answered the questions well Wanda. My only wish was that a question be included asking what you think are the most common misconceptions about you and your book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know what the most common ones might be-it surprises me what people question-I think they look for something to create a reason for their thinking. I am sure that some of those persons would just "hate" to have to say something positive. I would be the same way, I am a big doubter from way back and can't say I blame them. Our story is like a fairytale in many ways-and beyond belief but it happened to us and stranger or as strange events have happened to other people connected with him. I feel special, lucky and grateful to have been given the chance to know Elvis, and no one is going to take that away.
Those that want to know more will come to ELC, those that want to rip and shred will have a ball; those who choose, will pick the way they want to go. It's their decision. There are some people who could have a double load of "proof" dumped on their head and they still would find fault somewhere. It's just the way of human nature. So be it.
I would like to know what you think is the most common misconceptions though-maybe I missed something. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, since I seldom visit other forums, I'm not the best one to ask re common misconceptions. But those who visit other forums and your name has come up -- they would be the best ones to say what the scuttlebutt is, whether it be negative or positive.

I do remember the accusation from one of the MM commenting that Elvis didn't like being interupted to be on the telephone. So therefore in his mind, you could not be the real thing.
But the MM were not privy to what Elvis did every minute in the privacy of his own bedroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I went on to say that it wasn't me and my husband on the beach in those photos with Elvis.
. . . .

And I never said she was making that movie when I first talked to Elvis at her apartment/house. He was calling to tell her he was going to be doing another and she could be part of it as usual. She had called to find out when to report to the studio-she also did Girls,Girls,Girls, Fun in Acapulco, and two other beach type movies. Kissin Cousins was filmed weeks after

Two questions Wanda:
Who are the people on the beach with Elvis in the picture EIN posted?

And your friend at that time who introduced you to Elvis -- would she be willing to confirm that she did introduce you to Elvis, or is she still bitter after all these years?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next