It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finding Graceland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:50 am 
Sun Dial

I've seen most, if not all of this movie, and I agree that Harvey Keitel is no Elvis! But I did enjoy it overall. One is left to believe at the end that he is in fact Elvis in some way, shape or form. I do like the scene where they show up at Graceland during the candlelight vigil. I wish and hope and pray that Elvis truly does know how much he is still loved and remembered, esp. when Wanda JH and others have said he was so afraid that no one would remember him for long. How could we forget him? :D

As for Brits being welcome in the US, I've never seen or heard of anyone expressing or showing animosity for our British cousins. If it HAS happened, please accept my apologies for the inexcusable conduct of a few people. Rest assued, it is NOT the sentiment of the country as a whole or a large part, and you would certainly be very welcome in Memphis! And yes, there's a good chance you would return alive and well! Yes, guns are more prevalent in the US (esp. in the South), but don't wander down dark alleys in major cities in the middle of the night and nothing is likely to happen!

I hope that some day you will get the chance to visit Graceland. I did 3 years ago, and I tell you, the feeling of walking through Elvis's front door, feeling how it would've been to be there with him, and seeing all his gold records and memorabilia and stage costumes...Oh my gosh! I thought I would hit the floor when I turned a corner and saw the black leather suit from 1968! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:58 am 

I enjoyed the movie and for some reason while watching it at times forgot I was loooking at Harvey. I think in my mind it was Elvis I was seeing with all the good deeds, etc.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Didnt Priscilla make this movie..I think she did...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]