It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Viva Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 am 
Site Admin

The Elvis Show on ABC here is the site for it...it has a few clips worth checking out

http://abcnews.go.com/entertainment/vivalasvegas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU, JEWEL! :P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for the link Regina-Jewel! :D Will definitely be watching and recording this! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

did anyone watch the tv special?? Looking for a review :D ur welcome guys ANYTIME (A)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Yep! :D Watched it and liked it alot! :D It was a very good tribute to our special guy which told about how Elvis' years in Vegas literally paved the way for all of the many recording artists that stand upon the very same stage today. :D This was talked about by several different performers coming from various musical backgrounds from Faith Hill to Sir Paul McCartney to 50 Cent. :D A very enjoyable show. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Yes. I agree! :D Priscilla continues to be so much more heart-connected when speaking of Elvis now...a WONDERFUL change in her.

And the Lisa is changed as well...more open with her feelings about her father - a softer look about her, too!

Wonder what happened to these two Presley women? Whatever, it is GOOD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I watched it as well. Btw, Gina, Wanda gave a review the other day. I believe she put it in JoAnna's first introduction post.

Yes, I liked it a lot, though was disppointed that it did not do well ratings wise. It was great listening to all the tributes from people with varied musical backgrounds. I agree that Priscilla did come across very well. She had a warmth about her as she recalled her memories of Elvis. You can tell she still cares about him.

I did have a reserveration, however. And that was when Priscilla brought up Elvis' one night stands, yet no mention of her own, so the break-up picture given was not quite balanced. However, it is a difficult story to tell, and who knows what she may have said that was edited out.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

No, there is not a doubt that lots of editing was done for one reason or another-and too, she will always believe that he cheated all along-after all, the guys "say so" and you know they were there 24/7. He didn't lie about the other women, he just did a super job (or his helpers did) of keeping it out of the press for Priscilla's sake and the baby's too. It's better to let the man take the fall, it always has been especially when kids are in the picture. So, it's a mute point now anyway I guess. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
I know he always loved and tried to protect Pris and his little baby with all he possibly could! :)

He did that for sure dear Sue! :D Count me in as agreeing with everyone else about Priscilla coming across more warmly when she spoke of Elvis in this show. :) It was really nice to see. :D I'm with you Laurie about the one night stands and how she presented that aspect of their life together, but as you also said the wonders of editing could have come into play here too. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

I received my copy of Leaves of Elvis Garden by Larry Geller today!!! I have read through most of it and it is a treasure-as the chapters go by, Larry has put sections from books that corespond to the subject of the chapter, information concerning what Elvis was studying at the time from all types of books. Larry tells what he recalls their conversations were about, it's like being there listening to them! He has a chapter on numbers and word meanings that Elvis loved to get into and learn what things meant by separating the words. Larry has captured the heart and soul of Elvis' deep search for understanding of life and his purpose and why he lived and his brother did not. I liked the fact that Larry totally did not get into the kinds of things the other guys have and he has not berated anyone throughout the book other than telling it as it was regarding those that were not interested or didn't understand Elvis' spiritual needs.
I think everyone on here will love the book and I hope that other fans and people out there will read it and learn something as well. There are some who won't at all too, and will snipe at Larry for what he's done with the book, but they will have their turn soon enough, to face the music and those sapphire blue eyes! I highly reccomend Larry Geller's book, LEAVES OF ELVIS' GARDEN. It is one you will read again and again. wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next