It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for your review Wanda. Larry's new book sounds like a keeper. I'll be putting it on my wish list for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much for your review, Wanda! I'm soooo glad that Larry has written a book that impresses you so positively -you that also have a key to Elvis' soul.

I'm expecting the book to arrive by post. As soon as it does, after a quick reading, I'll try to post some comment too.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, your comment makes me look forward to read Larry's book even more!
I hope I will be able to obtain a copy soon! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

The fact that Larry was there, present and knowledgable of the things that interested Elvis makes this book so real and so true. The conversations Elvis had with me were about things happening in his life and a lot of just fun and lightness which he needed, I think at those times. Larry has an inside to Elvis' soul, his heart and spiritual growth desires in ways that I could not ever have had as I was not aware of such things very much. And raised in the Pentetcostal church where such things were evil etc: due to a lack of understanding of the past, and it's connection to all things spiritual and mystical. Some where along the line our educated pastors and etc; kind of lost that connection to the past, and it's too bad they did. We Americans and other countries people as well, tend to think we are to "sophisticated" for such things, it doesn't make sense because we haven't had it in our lives in years and years-and many aren't even curious as they are so involved in living and doing etc:. The 60's kind of opened the doors to more people so they became interested in learning more-trying to understand but most don't get to the right sources. Elvis was lucky, it is as Larry reminded him, he asked, he needed and the teacher came...in the form of Larry who had his feet on firm ground from childhood thanks to his beloved mother and her teachings. And the funny thing is, Larry had met Elvis way back there, briefly in the parking lot just before Elvis went in to wow a huge crowd waiting to see and hear him. Mainly to see him-I think! Sure it was great to hear him sing, but to SEE him as he sings-that's better by far. I thank God we have videos and CD's and movies! I sure hope they take good care of them-better than they did of some of the older stars that are gone now-and the tv shows of the past as well-they didn't even put them on good tape/film so they have faded so much. I hope the entertainment industry has learned that lesson well! Just look at what they didn't do with the first televised shows he did-so faded and old except for their being able to save them-we would have lost that.
Thank God for Larry Geller who withstood some rough times being Elvis' friend-and thank God he got back in the groove those last few years- I won't forget how Elvis said, "Lar-aren-ce is back. Came to see me..." in that soft, warm, personal tone of voice and I know he was smiling that little pleased smile as he said it. And he probably was surrounded at the time with all those well used books! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Your comment Wanda, reinforces my belief that we always have what we need to make our soul's journey, even when we don't see it and even when our wishes are going in another direction.

I believe Larry and you -and other wonderful people- were near Elvis when he most needed it, no more, no less, making justice to his destiny-mission. Probably each of you would have liked to be more with him, or to help more, but I'm certain it would have broken the balance that lead Elvis through his pre-designed path through that lifetime.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda my dear friend your wonderful recommendation has made me all the more excited in getting my copy of Larry's book too!!! :D Yes, thank God for Larry being there for Elvis when his spiritual heart was so thirsty for knowledge and for being able to withstand the storms that came along with helping his friend quench his thirst. :D

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2