It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Books About Elvis On The Other Side???
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 am 
Dragon

I've come across only 4 books with Elvis speaking from the Other Side and I feel there must be more out there that I don't know about. Does anyone have a list they'd like to share? :D Below is my list and if anyone is interested, I do have one of Sylvia Browne's first newsletters where she speaks with Elvis and it has information that is not in the book, "Visits From The Afterlife". I can type it up if anyone wants to read it.

Visits From The Afterlife by Sylvia Browne

Elvis Presley Speaks by Hans Holzer (I enjoyed this book, I've read it several times)

I Still Talk To...by Kenny Kingston

Beyond Death by Hans Holzer

Elvis Aaron Presley: his Growth and Development as a Soul Spirit Within the Universe by Paula Farmer (just found this book last week and ordered it online)

Last edited by Skylar Star on Fri May 23, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi, Skylar Star, I haven't read any of these books you listed. Is there any you can recommend most?? Sounds really interesting! Thanks! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 am 
Dragon

Sarena wrote:
Hi, Skylar Star, I haven't read any of these books you listed. Is there any you can recommend most?? Sounds really interesting! Thanks! :)

Hi Sarena!!
I would HIGHLY recommend the books, "Elvis Presley Speaks" by Hans Holzer. The other books are good as well but they (with the exception of the one by Paula Farmer) only feature small chapters on Elvis. "Elvis Presley Speaks" is an entire book dedicated to Elvis. Apparently right after Elvis passed away, he began appearing and going on astral trips with a housewife by the name of Dorothy Sherry (who is a medium). He came to her because he had been with her in past lives and they had a strong emotional bond. She thought she might be going crazy because she didn't believe it to be real and contacted Hans Holzer who has a Ph.D. in parasychology. They had many sessions to together where Hans got a wealth of information from Elvis. They then set up a meeting with Dee Presley and David Stanley who verified several things including a phone call that Elvis had made trying to get in touch with Dee that only Dee knew about. So the book centers around all of Elvis's communications through Dorothy. Apparently this made headlines in the late 70's but I was too young at the time. I found this books a few years ago. You can find it on Amazon. It is pretty rare but they do have a few up and every once in awhile it pops up on Ebay. If you want any more info, let me know :D Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I read that way back there in the 70's too...but found it difficult to think that Elvis would have come in to talk about or "with" Dee Stanley and her boys" especially when he didn't get along with her very well for years- and especially since she was trying to get a book and movie deal right about that time as well... But he might have, who am I to know...
I have read other things about Hans and he seemed ligit, and having been involved with that sort of thing myself a few years- when Elvis was alive, things happened not involving him at all, but with people I was close to growing up who had passed on that could in no way have been "made up" by the lady holding the classes. I was "blown out of the water" for sure over a couple of incidents that only I would have known about. All I can say is there are things beyond our earthly reasoning abilities and sometimes they are big surprises. And I've said before, I am not an authority on Elvis or how or with whom he might decide to "visit" from beyond- I just know that it is possible for those gone on to do it and it's up to us as individuals to make sure we are not being "tricked" by any person living or something from beyond trying to decieve us...both are possible and we have to be the one's to judge and decide. No one else can do it for us. With that, I'll shut up!

Thanks for the list Skylar Star...some I hadn't heard about. I like that name... very astral! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:16 pm 
Dragon

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Yes, I read that way back there in the 70's too...but found it difficult to think that Elvis would have come in to talk about or "with" Dee Stanley and her boys" especially when he didn't get along with her very well for years- and especially since she was trying to get a book and movie deal right about that time as well... But he might have, who am I to know...
I have read other things about Hans and he seemed ligit, and having been involved with that sort of thing myself a few years- when Elvis was alive, things happened not involving him at all, but with people I was close to growing up who had passed on that could in no way have been "made up" by the lady holding the classes. I was "blown out of the water" for sure over a couple of incidents that only I would have known about. All I can say is there are things beyond our earthly reasoning abilities and sometimes they are big surprises. And I've said before, I am not an authority on Elvis or how or with whom he might decide to "visit" from beyond- I just know that it is possible for those gone on to do it and it's up to us as individuals to make sure we are not being "tricked" by any person living or something from beyond trying to decieve us...both are possible and we have to be the one's to judge and decide. No one else can do it for us. With that, I'll shut up!

Thanks for the list Skylar Star...some I hadn't heard about. I like that name... very astral! wjh

This is the most difficult thing with books in regards to this matter. How do we know if its just to make a buck or if there is something far beyond our knowledge that we are unable to grasp?? If Elvis was to reach out, could it be this person?? I suppose every fan will need to choose for themselves. I tried to go on a gut feeling when I read them. As for Dee and her son, I believe they were more brought in for verification rather than Elvis wanting to speak to them. I'm not sure why they were selected. There were several times where Elvis was told to calm because his emotions were getting out of control during the session.

What I like about Hans in particular is that he tried to get as much verification where he could with things that were coming through Dorothy. He had numerous sessions with her and only wanted this book published when he felt what was coming through Dorothy could very well be real because his name would be attached the book so his credibility was on the line. Like for example, was she a fan beforehand? Which she wasn't. Was she the one reaching out to Elvis? No, he was coming to her. What sort of life did she lead? She was just a housewife with two little kids. There were several astral trips that she took with him including trips to Graceland and to Las Vegas backstage where he had performed and Hans would make her describe minor details of the places she'd visit when she had not been to these places before or at least that is what she stated. I remember she lived in New Jersey (of course she could have traveled) this was before the Internet so he felt it would be difficult to find this information. Apparently later on she did take a trip to Vegas because she wanted to vists all the places that she had seen in her dreams. Numerous times she tried to fight these visits. She was extremely embarrassed with what was happening and only spoke to her mother about it prior to Hans knowing. She felt she might be going crazy and it was her mom or a friend that contacted Hans about this "problem of hers", not Dorothy herself. I suppose she wanted him to make her feel better about it since had been dealing with the beyond for a time. Do I think she is legitimate? It's quite possible but I feel that Hans is and I trust him with what I know of him. I've been following Hans for a little while now. I believe that HE believes her. I do find it a tad strange though in his newer book (I have listed up there) he speaks with a medium and doesn't make any mention of Dorothy and neither does Elvis :?: :?: :(

Wanda, toward the end of his life, did he mention to you how he felt about David?? Oh and I hoped my name would be "astral" enough for this forum! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:37 pm 
Dragon

Rainbow Light wrote:
Hi and welcome to ELC, Skylar Star - as Wanda says too, great astral sounding name! :D :P

As regards your post, I wish I could help with providing more information about these books but you're certainly more enlightened than I as didn't realise there were that many. Thank you for providing this information and also further recommendations! :D

I'm somewhat familiar with Sylvia Browne also but didn't actually realise she'd written anything as far as speaking with Elvis goes so this was interesting for me too, have currently been reading her book "Temples on the other side" this is, I believe, her newest volume though you may know different possibly?

Best wishes, Sue

No problem!! Ever since I became a fan, I made it my mission to find books of these sorts about Elvis. They're quite difficult to locate because there isn't alot out there so I'm really glad I could share this info with fans. Yes I believe that her newest book is "Temples on The Other Side" (my copy is arriving any day now:)--) I have been a fan of hers since 1990 and have almost every one of her books in my collection and it's hard to keep up with her because it seems like she's on a race to release books as fast she can lol but if you are interested I know of three books that will eventually be released this year and early next, they are, "All Pets Go To Heaven", "Mystical Traveler" and "End of Days, Predications about the End of the World".

She touched briefly on Elvis in one book and that's probably why you haven't heard of it. Even with almost 20 years of what I have been following of her, Elvis is RARELY spoken about which I don't understand. He actually spoke to Francine her spirit guide a few hours after his death talking about what went on when he died, who he met and other tidbits of info. Apparently Vernon and Charlie caught wind of this (it was in an article) and called Sylvia to validate all of the information. Take care!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, that's right! I recall that Charlie and Vernon did validate a lot of information that she had- I read a review of All Pet's Go To Heaven I think it was a review but anyway, that always interested me because of all the pets we've had-plus I've had contact with them since they've passed over- my favorite if any can be that, dog Margret Maybeline for one in 1996, and then our horses who have gone on since then...so I am a firm believer that people and animals CAN make contact if they so desire. Elvis would have tried to give relief to his dad, his close friends and those who loved him so much and he knew they did-even his fans have had contact with him, some who felt, some who saw, some who heard and some who "just know within" and then so many through his music-and even films-not just concert documentaries. And that He Touched Me video set that still is played on television at times, and can be purchased has brought many people to understanding and seeking their own experience with God etc:... So you bet he would have tried to reach people... and did. He might even have wanted to "set the record straighter" with the Stanley's...but apparently it didn't work judging from the things that have come out of their "memories" since then... one never knows.
Thanks again for the list! It's been a long time since I've read anything and I would like to read some good books on these subjects while I still can read! One never knows... wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry I missed your question about David...Elvis was disappointed with both he and Rick because they were out buying drugs and he finally realized taking some of his too he thought, though he never went into it very much...he was hurt, he wanted them to go to college because he didn't get to do it but they were "out of hand" and so he took them with him to keep them "away" from whatever crowd they were involved with at home-plus they were very much wanting to go with him, what kid wouldn't? And their mother didn't want them away from home but they were "out of hand" etc:... So Elvis gave them jobs, expected them to do their jobs and when that wasn't quite the case...he was angry and upset about it. Then he began to be too worried and upset about his own health and what was going on there, he lost control too he said, he felt badly that he wasn't "holding the reins" like he should... only one time that I can recall did he get into it very much, then he never spoke of either of them again. I got the impression he was pretty ticked when they were getting into trouble with the law etc:... they were paroled into his custody I believe was the story, I think it was true. Anyway, whatever, I personally don't know every detail or fact and can only go on the small bits he mentioned- I just know he was angry, hurt and upset like a parent might be over a wayward kid. He didn't know what to do-he was pretty trapped himself by then- David could have made something of his own life, he didn't have to go with Elvis' troupe...Elvis wanted to send him to college but without graduating highschool etc:... Elvis always regretted he didn't go to college...become something, somebody and make something of himself....good grief even! What did he think he was anyway? But to him he was "jus' a singer" and not important etc:...except he could help people when he came across them...etc:... But it wasn't what he thought was making something of one's self... And yes, he was disappointed in both boys... Bill apparently is the only one who "made something of himself" I don't know- never hear a word about him - I have no idea what became of him. Maybe he is the one who "made it". I hope so.
I too, believe Hans H. is right on in his gifts... there are very real ones out there... but there are some schisters too.... who are in it for the money and always stick out their hand first...though usually it's the gulilable they look for--- not people who investigate and sift through the chafe like you Skylar, and many others on this site. One needs just to listen to the "still small (sometimes loud) voice" inside that guides us, and we all have it.
Some just don't listen... they get in "trouble" for that reason. Then there are those who just don't know... or it comes suddenly and scares them-
lots of them too.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

One book I like a lot is Elvis Afterlife by Raymond A. Moody. I think it's out of print now but can still be gotten used. It has to do with afterlife encounters with Elvis -- serious investigated ones; not the numerous sightings which come more from wishful hearts.

Correct me if wrong, but didn't Sylvia Browne say that Elvis told her that Heartbreak Hotel was his favorite song? If so, I have trouble swallowing that one. I don't recall Elvis ever mentioning that was his favorite song, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, when I asked him about his songs, if he had a favorite one he kind of laughed and said a long welllll, then that the first one that went big for him was the blues number that he was given to him by a woman song writer who came down to the train when he was on his way to New York- he liked the lyrics though he said he didn't "use them all" so I have no idea what wasn't sung! That song sure made an impression on me---I cried and so many other people have expresed similar feelings when hearing it for the first time. However he said his favorite if he had to choose just one was "Tomorrow Never Comes"...because it had special meaning to him... I didn't ask what that might be...but in his case, there were no "tomorrows" because he said, "There's no "tomorrow" really..."
and technically, he was right! He said another time only the "silly and the foolish" count on a tomorrow..."'cause it ain't ever gonna come" and that's what he sings in his version of that song...another one that he didn't "use all the lyrics" in recording.
I recall that there were several things in the book mentioned above, Elvis either was showing or telling that didn't match up with things he said in life----however, if we understand it all in the after life, then maybe he had different feelings about things and expressed them instead of the former???? Could be.
I like "Tomorrow Never Comes" too, it's the way he sings it...holding his "crushed and broken heart" before him. I am having a hard time getting through the fact that he had 4 special women whom he "thought he loved enough to marry" and 3 dumped him, one he married and then that failed.... what could that have done to his young kid like heart and psyche? Maybe "Heartbreak Hotel" was a place he had visited already....thus the emotion put into that song? Just wondering...
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next