It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS PRESLEY DESERT STORM BOOK !!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:47 am 
Site Admin

THE SHATTERING OF A MYTH BY DARRIN LEE

DarrinLeeTCB@aol.com

http://www.elvisdrugsmyths.com

http://www.elvisconcertmyths.com

This is a great little book, full of information that proves beyond doubt that Elvis was not "strung out on drugs" from 74 on and even goes into how some of the last concerts were totally reviewed wrong by the media.

I haven't read the book yet, but just scanning through it briefly I think it's great and Elvis would very much like what Darrin has tried so well to do.
Darrin has put alot of money into doing this book, strictly on his own for the most part and as Elvis would say "It ain't cheap!"
Please e-mail him for details on cost and how to order as I don't have that information. But will get it as soon as I can.
Just from what little I did read makes me happy because the interview section of WR,E 2006 also backs up the theme of Darrin's book- he sure "ain't drugged up" and he had every right to defend his honor and good name from the stage- regardless of what the Col., Baron Hilton, his guys, or anyone else had to say about it. Elvis did what he beleived - he stepped up and let 'em have it - it was hurting him and his family and that ain't gonna fly, baby- not with Elvis!
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This surely does seem like a book worth getting, and I'm so glad Darrin spent the time & money doing it. I really do hope it makes waves in the Elvis community and is the beginning of a reversal in changing the common misperception that Elvis was stoned at the Desert Storm Concert. Even the backs of album covers list his comments as "stoned". So here's hoping Darrin's book makes a huge dent in dispelling the myths.

Why is it that just because Elvis was angry that people assumed he was stoned?? His sentances were clear & concise, & he even did a Karate Kata, which takes a lot of concentration.

Wanda, I was wondering, will you be commenting on the Desert Storm Concert in the F2F book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Before I forget again- Laurie I like the thought you have at the bottom of your posts- it is so very true...and easy to understand the way it is done on your sign off.

As to your question about Desert Storm period, I do mention it some what and talk about what was going on, saying he was angry and not drugged and we were there the night he whispered 'listen Cilla" then did It's Midnight while she and her friend Joe's ex wife Joanie laughed and talked as if not even hearing etc: so he had Joe bring Sheila Ryan in and sit her in the booth with Priscilla and Joanie- Lisa was also there but she was very into looking at her daddy on stage. It seemed that Elvis when seeing her reaction as one of not caring, decided to show her he didn't care either- they ended up bantering back and forth doing a Monty Python bit with Elvis doing some weird things and her egging him on- it was it is said all sexual innunedo but most people wouldn't have realized any of that- they were laughing at him and she was laughing also- but she knew what he was doing and he knew she did- he loved that python style humor, it was similar to his own off the wall, crazy coments and innuendos and totally stupid funny stuff at times. I could never appreciate most of it so I wasn't much fun when he found out I was not into python's stuff at all...didn't even have a clue at the time. I did try to watch some and it was b o r i n g to me and NOT funny for the most part. I didn't like Blazing Saddles either but boy, he got a kick from it. I didn't like How I learned to Love the Bomb either but he sure liked it! Anyway, I do a little bit and try to stay light about it, but if I didn't I would go off on a tangent and have 9 pages of ranting and raving about the stupid reporters and those who didn't even know him who thought they knew something when they didn't have clue- he was sick, had the flu bad and was running a fever and should have not been on stage but he was and he was doing the best he could. When he was angry and stating his mind, he was sharp, crisp and meant exactly what he said and he had every right to defend his honor. They were calling him "strung out" and every other thing and it was not so at all...he did great shows, he was having fun, he was teasing the women, saying risque things and joking making them squeal and he was doing knock out performances...he looked great- it was the time of the leather suits-he filled them out perfectly and he was not too thin nor was he the least bit fat- he looked like a man should look who was in good condition- and he was at that time...sure he'd been having a time with the divorce, going back to get more money, the paternity suit and all the stuff that went along, then his step brothers, his dad's wife and heaven only knows what else- was a bit much but still, he was doing his job and doing a good job of it. The recordings and sound board cd's prove it too- they like to say he was "stoned" and "high" that's why he ranted about what h e'd do if he found out who was telling those things, lying about him etc:...but you can listen and tell he was not high, he was not stoned and he had full control of his senses and mental thoughts. He was angry- that's all, and he used some language that men and some women, often use when they are fed up, angry and not gonna take it any more... I guess it was a shock to some to see that hey, he has a mind, he can speak up! He was a black belt, he trained in Kempo under Ed parker and that training gives him the right to make a threat because he can carry it out- and anyone knowing his training would think twice before crossing that line again. It was funny when he dropped to the floor and swiped it hard with his hand... then he got up and went right into his routine and songs... pretty and sweet as you please. He was in full control...but he got the point across. I was proud of him for defending his honor- he so often just turned the other cheek and ignored it- that too was karate training... do no harm... as he put it, "to stupid folks who can't help it cause they got there late and got no brains..." I often told him to speak up, he had the right to say what he thought and to tell whomever to shut their mouths. He'd always find an excuse for the "brainless"...
so it was good to see him angry and speaking up. His eyes flashed fire, he was so angry- I have to say that "fire eyes" was a good name for him!
Icy blue fire shot from those eyes... killer instinct. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 pm 
:D You Go Wanda and Elvis should of Let them have it a Whole Lot More! I'm going to Try and get that Book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda for your always informative reply, and for truthfully speaking up on Elvis' behalf, which I know you never tire of doing.

I'm glad you noticed & like my new post suffix (or whatever its called). It was a phrase which kept coming to my mind over a few days, so it seemed the right time to make a change & add it to the bottom of my posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:16 pm 

Hi Everyone:

I just finished the book and loved it. Really shows that Elvis was not "strung out" and was in complete control.

I highly recommend it.

Di

Last edited by Di on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I am going to try to find the book so thank you for filling in some of the background for me, Wanda and I can hardly wait for your book to come out!!!
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Many thanks, Wanda, for the link to Darrin's book! I will check this out and well, you know I'll be ordering Face To Face later too!! :D :D

It's great both of you have given more depth and clarity of understanding to an event in Elvis' touring life that has caused so much controversy and misunderstanding! Go Wanda and Darrin!! :D :D

A BIG AMEN Sue my dear angel!! :D :D Wanda my sweet friend, my thanks to you so much for posting this recent update as to how to get Darrin's wonderful book!! :wink: :D I have been waiting and wondering on how to order it and trying to find a copy for a loooong time and now hopefully I can go ahead and do so!! :D :D My thanks to you also for speaking your mind about the whole "Desert Storm" period!! :D :D You go girl!! :D :D I agree with you 10000% with what you said about Elvis being MORE than entitled to speak his mind about the horrible things and downright lies that were being said about him!! It's funny because there are several clips on youtube with this specific recording and some of them are descirbed as being "shocking" or as being "ridiculous senseless rantings." I think some people may think of what he said on stage during that period as "shocking " or " senseless rantings" because like you said, people were so used to Elvis putting up with and tolerating so much crap that when he FINALLY decided to speak up for himself(GO ELVIS!! :wink: ) and defend his very good name and honor people probably were shocked. To me it was just a simple case of Elvis being in the frame of mind that I've heard uttered quite a few times on my daughter's Popeye cartoons from the one eyed sailor himself: I've taken all I can stands and I can't stands no more!!" :wink: :P As a matter of fact, whenever I do listen to that particular concert footage, every time after he's done, (as silly as this may seem :oops: ), I clap out loud for him standing up for and defending himself and say " you go boy!! you tell 'em baby!!" Image Image

Post subject: Priscilla gifts Elvis with a Rolls Royce
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:51 pm 
Tiger

Elvis Talks to Priscilla, Lisa and Sheila at his 1974 Concert and says that Priscilla has just gifted him with a $42,000 White Rolls Royce during his concert.

Is this the Desert Storm concert in Las Vegas in 1974 or is this at the Oct. 1974 Abilene, Texas concert that Priscilla attended? I can't tell from the video as it gives both dates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVvDKnZ ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:43 pm 
:D I Love that Video Joy, YOU GO MY SWEET! SWEET! ELVIS! I haven't seen you post before Joy? Its Great to have you with us. :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next