It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: This Book Is Wonderful!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:11 pm 
Sun Dial

I just got through reading a book by Elvis' first cousin Harold Loyd. It's called Elvis Presley's Graceland Gates. He tells a great story or I should say, stories. He is also very funny in the way he delivers these stories. He was only six years older than Elvis, so he really did grow up with him. It's a small book at about 130 pages, but it's jam packed with the really, good and what I felt were very honest moments he shared with the Presley family. He doesn't smear the Presley's at all, which is very refreshing. He DOES say that the MM devils were selfish, greedy and only in it for what they could get. He was there, he should know.

He tells some great tales of the gate fans and the hysterically, funny antics that they tried to get away with. I didn't realize that so many fans got by the guards and wandered the grounds. Some of these people were really scary too. A few of them had been swimming in Elvis' pool for quite a while without being caught. Can you just imagine if Elvis went for a late night swim and ran into people swimming in his pool?

There are many pictures that I have never seen in this book. I thought I had seen most Elvis pictures, but I guess not. I really liked this man. He seemed like someone I would want to sit and have coffee with. Very down home type of man that I think I would have gotten along with very easily.

Post subject: Re: This Book Is Wonderful!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:27 pm 
:D Thanks Y'all for letting me know about this Book! :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 pm 
Flame

Ohhh do tell us some of these funny stories. :mrgreen:

Love,
Raina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Raina I'm not sure if there will be any more Stories, from this Book that Laura was Talking about. You will probably have to try and Purchase the Book your self. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:48 pm 
Flame

Aww ok, thought so, but can't hurt to try and ask ;) so many books I'd like to read though, I'd end up broke!

Love,
Raina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I know what you mean Raina, there are some very Good Books on Elvis I would Love to buy to but I never have the Money. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]