It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ju'es Review Protecting the King
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Julie for your Review on David's Movie, and as for some of the things that David say's Happened. I have to Question for now, so I would like to hear what everyone else as to say. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for taking the time and effort out to write and post this review of David's movie, Ju! :) Very much appreciated and glad to hear from you as always! :) Perhaps I can wait till I've seen a copy of the movie, would prefer to rather than just comment on your review which would not be fair to you, or David more to the point!

with love always!, Sue :hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'll skip watching it, but thanks for the review...well done JulieSharonRose! And well put too. David did well that he admitted his use of drugs and that he ruined his own life and knew it at the time. Looking back must be really difficult for him, knowing he wasted so much time he could have spent with Elvis, learning the other side of that life. He and Rick broke Elvis' heart and abused his trust in them. I don't have Elvis' forgiving spirit- and never will in this life time, when it comes to some of those guys- However, I am very glad that you did the review and that the movie might be less degrading toward Elvis than I expected. For that I give David a "C" for his courage in telling his story, though one must remember, a big part of the time he spent working for Elvis he wasn't "clear headed" or "seeing reality"... I wish him well though, for his attempt to be honest.
luv,
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm like Wanda, That David as finally Admitted on some of the Things he did, and how he should have Treated Elvis Like the Brother that Elvis Treated Him and Rick. Elvis Longed for the Brother he Lost, and he I know thought that The Lord seen his Lonely Heart and Brought these 3 Boys to be the Brother That Elvis didn't have . But all they did was Break Elvis' Heart Again, and Treated Elvis like He Owed them the World.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie I'm Sorry if you think I'm Judging But I feel I'm not, and I can't help in how I feel about this People that had Such a Wonderful Opportunity to be with and Know Elvis that a lot of us here at ELC have Dreamed of to just Throw it all Away. By using Elvis' name for their Drug Habit, and by them getting these Drugs for themselves. They let it be Told that it was Elvis taking these Drugs to even this very Day, now if David as admitted to this then Fine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi JulieSharonRose, I guess I tend to be judgmental when it comes to those who have in some light tended to blame Elvis for all their woes...it's human nature to protect those we love, and very difficult not to judge anyone who causes our loved one's pain, worry or discomfort in any way... Elvis practiced loving people, even those who weren't always there for him, and he did so with friends as well as family, even strangers he met were treated like new friends... It was just his nature to be that way. I wish I had that ability, and I'm sure we all wish the same at times. You were very fair in your review. reminding me of Elvis' ability to "look through the eyes of the heart", and it is true everyone is entitled to a second chance, even a third one according to Elvis' way of thinking. It is what one does to create a new atmosphere and attitude to change old ways that counts, David's reliving of the past just might have given him insight that he didn't have when first he began talking about making the movie- I wish him well and that he has good luck with his new career as an "inspirational speaker". He should have some good points to bring across that will resound with many struggling persons who've been living on the edge of society, doing some scary things.
I haven't been back to FaceBook since I got on it, just not enough time to get it all done, it seems. But I will once I get through editing etc: again.
Love,
wjh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is difficult to be objective when it does come down to talking about someone we love in relation to others in their lives; you want to love and protect their memory specially with Wanda knowing Elvis as she did personally and can understand that for sure! However, I feel sure Julie didn't mean to cause offence by what she said and I agree with Wanda's words particularly:

Quote:
reminding me of Elvis' ability to "look through the eyes of the heart", and it is true everyone is entitled to a second chance

Amen! :) We all have thoughts and views relating to many Elvisly related things; as Julie also says no-one is going to pull the wool over her eyes and agrees these boys also made mistakes in their lives, as did Elvis, as do we all in life, it's part of what being human is all about after all, right?! :wink:

take care all, with love, Sue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I have been really trying to Follow the Example of the Type of Person Elvis and The Lord wants me to be, and so when I got a invite from Rick Stanley to be his Friend from Face Book I Accepted. I Felt that Elvis was Leading me to do this by Looking into the Heart Like he did, and I will try and Continue to Follow this Example. :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That's really great news dear Rose-Lyn! :) :D The Lord Jesus understands and loves you as you are anyways; he came down to be with us humans on Earth and is sympathetic to all our difficult emotions and situations with people! Our Saviour is beautiful, magnificent and wonderful!!! Agreed?!! :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes the Lord sure is, and Thank You for Understanding! :love:

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next