It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ron Brandon Interview
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:56 pm 
Rainbow

Ron Brandon Interview
as it aired on Elvis Express Radio

Ron was the 17 year-old radio engineer for Tupelo's WTUP station who actually recorded the interviews and the famous performance at the Tupelo Fair grounds.

http://www.elvis2001.net/Ron%20Brandon% ... 0Krein.htm
Joe Krein
www.elvis2001.net

Post subject: Re: Ron Brandon Interview
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Joe Thanks for Letting us Know!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :P :hello:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Joe! Thank you for posting-I am slowly getting to listen to all the interviews! It's quicker with Hughesnet and do not have to depend on the telephone line any longer. Joe's site is super-especially the vast number of people who have come to him for interviews. He gets the best out of them, fer sure! Love you Joe K. wjh

His best friend, George K....
I wanted to add a note here concerning what I have heard/read recently about George Klien's new book. Apparently, he has told some stories about activities that Elvis was "involved with" in Las Vegas "where anything goes" is the motto. Keep in mind that Elvis never once said he was a "saint" or anything near being one, in fact he would say just the opposite was true. He didn't lie, nor was he bragging etc:. He liked to have fun, liked to shock people including his father, and would most likely "be in charge" of what ever was occuring-if he didn't plan it, he would probably "take over and tell everyone what to do etc:"....that was the "dictator influence" he was inclined to have, he liked telling people what to do. It wouldn't be Elvis otherwise. Kliens book is published-publishers won't take manuscripts about Elvis anymore unless there is 'dirt or shock value" because they want $$$, and so of course there has to be something in that book other than goodness and virtue.
As for the guns and temper etc:...Elvis himself admitted he had a temper problem and asked for prayer to help him control it. And he liked to play with guns...he was confronted with people assulting him in one way or another quite often-thus his use of "guards" to keep them back. And yes, he was a jealous guy, his woman/women were HIS-that song he did U.S. Male was right on! Please don't fault George too badly and certainly, give Elvis a little room as well...considering where he was, his "audience at those times" and the fact he was inclined to "direct" -what the heck. I'm quite sure those present were not objecting! Boys are likely to be boys-especially in Las Vegas.
Also, George was not around all of the time, and Elvis did not let many people know that he was having serious health issues for which he was taking drugs for pain and to sleep-and yes, even stimulants at times in order to continue doing his job on stage. It is very possible that George did not know the circumstances of Elvis' reasons for "taking drugs" or why he "got hooked". And yes, I know I always "defend" him, even though I know he could be a very naughty boy. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings and insights here with us, Wanda! :) Joe K certainly does get the best of all those he interviews!

As for George, appreciated is the fact you always are able to word things so very well and put a balanced perspective to various books that are written etc though we do of course understand your need to defend 'our boy' even though at times he could be a naughty boy! :wink: :P :hello:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: You Go Wanda, and I to Will Defend Elvis until my Dieing Breath. Like you said Wanda about these People, that think they Knew Elvis So Will and the Things that Elvis had to do to keep from being a So Much Pain he would Cry like I know All to Well MySelf, and other Stimulates to Do The Over Worked Touring he did to Pay GK when he asked GK to come and Go with him and GK didn't say No and the Others and also like you said Wanda they weren't with Elvis 24/7 so they didn't know every Little thing that went on or was Done to Elvis. As for being a Jealous Man, will that Goes for being a Southern Gentlemen and believe me Elvis wouldn't of ever had to be Jealous with me, because I wouldn't of in a Million years had ever thought if Elvis had Choice me to be with him to even think about wanting another Man. It is like a Song Elvis Sang Love Me, Love The Life I Lead! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

100% agreed on all you say above, sis! Me too!

Including:
Quote:
As for being a Jealous Man, will that Goes for being a Southern Gentlemen and believe me Elvis wouldn't of ever had to be Jealous with me, because I wouldn't of in a Million years had ever thought if Elvis had Choice me to be with him to even think about wanting another Man. It is like a Song Elvis Sang Love Me, Love The Life I Lead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thanks Crystal Rose, I think this is just another Example of How Much Elvis was MisUnderstood!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You're very welcome :) and yes indeed!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]