It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:34 pm 
WHAT ARE YOU NEEDING SUE? AS FAR AS EBTP, I DIDN'T CARE FOR IT THAT MUCH! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very well said, Sue! !!! :lol: :lol:

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: his illnesses
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

It would be hard for any of them to admit they didn't "see" or "know" about his problems-what were these "problems" they do mention that he took drugs to hide from? If they admited they didn't know, he didn't tell them, then what kind of family were they? That this man lived and walked among them and they were too blinded to see he was ill? Dying maybe? The truth is there somewhere. No body noticed. Right on. Mainly because Elvis made sure they didn't notice. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

it isn't neccessary to see with your eyes if someone you really love suffering that bad specially physically, in front of your eyes..one can feel as well..in Elvis's case,no! I don't think even he could hide a 100% how he was hurt..even strangers could see or felt there was something wrong..maybe those closer people just thinking very cold heartedly that he was the one who "got it all", so it was useless to be sorry for him..I'm aware I speak again rather bitter,but can't help thinking of this possibility as well..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject: He had it all-
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

You hit close with that one. He heard that from everyone, the Col. on down the line. Why couldn't he just sit back and relax and enjoy it all? Why did he have to wonder, worry and try so hard to please strangers-just because they bought his records and thought he was handsome on film? Why was it so important to him to DO something, BE something for them? Put them over his family and friends etc; and work so hard, be gone so long etc:. And why was he such a "child" about things? Elvis was a child, he was so young, and never really did grow up inside-he kind of was stuck in that innocent young boy place though he tried hard to be a man, macho and keep that tough guy image out there-to protect and shelter that innocence deep inside his young boy's heart. I have two pictures on my screen saver-the one with those eyes so lost now comes on first and then last it is the 73 back stage one that I like so much also. To see those two together-barely 3 years difference in age-it is really something how the look in those eyes is so different, in 73 so wised up, so drop dead fool and there is an acceptance of what the hell in that look...gone is the innocence and lost, broken dreams look... in just a short time. It hurts to see the difference-I love the attitude look of the 73 one but the other one reminds me so much of that guy I first met, the times I saw that look only in this picture, it is so right out there and he's in public-that I think is what stopped me in my tracks-he wasn't able to hide it and he had been doing it for years...but that day, at that time, he couldn't. And no body noticed. Pris looks tough too, she isn't happy, no smile, her eyes are hard, she isn't taking it like he is and it makes me wonder but then we don't know the whole story-I do know he left her in the rooms, didn't say why or where other than he had a meeting with the Col. privately and was gone a couple of times for several hours over a short span of time...to be gone so much and at any time, if he got that call, he had to go. If memory has it right, she went home and didn't tell him and that might have been when she took the baby and went to her parent's house up near San Francisco-they were living in a nice area for military officers at that time, I think. Not far from the Golden Gate Bridge if I have that memory right. I know they did live up there for a while-and she and Elvis visited them a time or two...and vice versa. Elvis just wanted a family, but he wanted his career, loved it with all his being and he expected so much from her-more than she could give. I know I wouldn't have ever wanted to be in her shoes just from what little I saw and heard. It was so easy to be his friend at a distance-compared to what it must have been like to be his wife-left in the dark, left alone waiting and wondering. And Elvis did not make it easy to "trust him" with some of his antics with the female fans-not at all! It just wasn't in the cards for that marriage to last and whatever was meant to be was. I just wish he didn't have that look in his eyes-he had been so happy, I saw him at his happiest and best and just a few days later it was gone. And no one close noticed...or else didn't care...because he "deserved it" for whatever they conceived he had done... No wonder he took sleeping pills-no wonder he said he felt like he was on a merry go round and couldn't get off sometimes. No wonder he became a master at "faking it" as he said on his last concert tour..."I faked it for a long time..." wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

thanks... those indeed make sense..but one thing is obvious,they weren't friends ,or she wasn't a wife of an ordinary man..one has to have some sight and feeling for different or special positions in this life..even a doctor or vet or a fireman could be on call 24 hours, can't live comfortable as a man who got a simple,9 to 5 job..God!.. they needed extra eyes to see for sure.. :roll: look at this man..he was one and only all the way..married or not ,he loved by the whole world,wanted by millions but that's the way it should be.. how on earth she expected him to live like a boy next door..sharing him was the one condition for his family that they had to accept from the beginning,his, wasn't a standart situation ..women who even has families,ate up their own prides and lost their controls in front of him so often,what he should have done..was it the right thing, to embarras those women, rejecting to kiss or hug them or not try to comfort them etc...and even if he had to cry in some other's arms,how can we be sure that it wasn't him,who was neglected instead..those complaining characters for sure,never intented to realize the importance of his mission ,what he was trying to do, or even what he was doing already, or what meant to the whole world..probably one of the causes that has to do with this blindness went on I guess,was because they were self centered people, weren't humble enough to accept the truth that,he and what he was doing ,"WAS"more important then them..I'll always say this..to support,care or do anything to make such a unique human being go on ,is a great mission itself..specially when you know this man did need his friends' loyalty and her wife's support 100%..after all, he simply lived to make people happy,not just his family,everyone he could reached was on the list,a longer list than Santa's it seems..which of them around him including his wife,had to please everyone?.. :roll: they were even failed to make just one man happy...however, it wasn't Elvis who complained for his hard life,being neglected or working too much..sorry! I'm not interested in other victims yet.. :roll: :evil: I'm still busy with Elvis..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Zey,
Thanks for the beautiful pics.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue A you put into words what I have thought about after viewing the set.
I, like you, hope that EPE will release more footage from where in America it is stored.
Not a discussion or full of commentary DVD but footage of Elvis that was left on the cutting room floor. We can always continue to hope!! :)
MSue

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

yesterday I took the book "Elvis by the Presleys" from beneath my bed (where some "current" books are waiting to be read) and read some pages.

This words by Lisa really made me laugh, imagining the scene and Elvis' motive behind it:

"One time in the middle of the night I'm awoken by this incredibly loud noise coming from my father's bedroom, which was right next to mine. I get out of bed and see the guys buzz-sawing down his door so they can move in a grand piano. .He felt like playing piano and singing gospel songs."

:lol: (We are planning the same thing with our window, to move in a piano because the staircase is too small....but our planning takes months and Elvis just FEELS LIKE PLAYING AND THE ACTION FOLLOWS STRAIGHT AWAY!! :wink: )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:58 pm 
Peacock

thanx for the pix Lighthouseseeker........they're lovely.........the third one from the top is a woman called Joyce bova who clames she had an afair with him while he was married......... so even though i don't believe these clames cilla might. my point being i think cilla like many fans thinks with her eyes more then her brain.

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next