It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Movies About Elvis!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

New Elvis Film explores His Gospel Music Influence: Elvis Presley loved gospel music and often called band members and backup singers to his suite after a performance to sing the music he learned as a child. Those impromptu sessions often lasted into the wee hours of the morning as the King led guests through rousing renditions of everything from 'Amazing Grace' to the latest gospel tune he had heard and loved.
A new film, 'The Identical,' is set to examine this gospel-influenced side of one of the best-known performers who has ever stepped onto a stage or made a recording. The $3 million independent project from Nashville's City of Peace Films will star Ryan Pelton (right), who is a real-life Elvis impersonator and does an entire show based on the iconic entertainer's gospel influences.
Earlier this week, the Hollywood Reporter revealed that 'The Identical' was one of four films in various stages of development about Elvis.
The other three films that are in production are 'Fame & Fortune,' 'Last Train to Memphis' and 'Elvis & Nixon.' 'Last Train to Memphis' is based on Peter Guralnick's book of the same name, while 'Elvis & Nixon' is based on the singer's meeting with President Nixon in 1970. Eric Bana will portray the legendary singer, with Luke Wilson playing Elvis' bodyguard, Sonny West. Danny Huston has been in negotiations to handle the role of the former president. Elvis visited the White House after writing the President a six-page letter suggesting he be made a

'Federal-Agent-at-Large' in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. The meeting took place on Dec. 21, 1970, at which time Elvis presented the Commander-in-Chief with several gifts, including a Colt .45 pistol.
Elvis received a total of 14 Grammy nominations but won just three Grammys in his lifetime -- all in the gospel music category -- for the albums 'How Great Thou Art' (1967) and 'He Touched Me' (1972) and for a live concert recording of 'How Great Thou Art' in 1974. He was also recognized with a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1971.

Image :hug:

Post subject: HERE'S A GIRL THAT HE WOULD BE PROUD OF!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Our daughter Starla was 16 when her "Uncle Elvis" died; he was a powerful and good influence on her to say the least. He gave her the first guitar she had, she was 3 1/2 years old. She began her own musical career after he died, she had her own band and worked nights at clubs all over Orange County and Riverside County by l8 years old and did so for 10 years. She has written quite a few songs and recorded some of them, at a studio in LA and at home in her own studio room. This is one of those songs and she composed the lyrics and the music. She is playing instruments and also an electronic organ on this piece. No drums. (except to keep the beat) She laid down the tracks and them combined them with her vocals- she also did her own back ground singing on a lot of her songs. She has several, but this is the first she's put out to the public in years. She wanted to know what people would think of her music today- but she did
not want to be in the video- so only her eyes show at the beginning and the end.
Maia did the video part and put the music with it- She too is gifted!
so here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/StarlaHill?Feature=mhee

wjh

Post subject: Re: New Movies About Elvis!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes I just Viewed and Listened to Starla's Video, and you can sure tell that Elvis Guided her Just Right. Because to me she sure as a Big Hit with this Song, so come on Folks let us really Rally Behind Starla! :love:

Post subject: Re: Starla's video!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Rose-Lyn, she appreciates your response; she's been getting good ones from it so far but it's still new and funny enough, there are some other Starla
things listed right along side it on Youtube...but they are not her! It's a bunch
of "garage band guys" and some kind of weird noises...I had to laugh, because
we didn't have a garage big enough for her first little band, so they played in a spare bedroom for quite a while until she could get things going...drummers were hard to come by, they seemed very flaky...wonder if they still are? Anyway
Maia sure did a great job putting the video together-that's really hard to do I would think, and make it fit the lyrics at the right time! And the other photos
she chose, super good and interesting to watch flip through. I like that doorway!
perfect shot.
Peace and love to all,
wjh

Post subject: Re: New Movies About Elvis!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I really Loved the Beat in the Song, I thought at any time Elvis would Start singing to. Starla's Song sound's like want Elvis would Love to Sing, and know he has been Listening to it where he is and He is Loving it to. :D :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]