It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Man and His Music!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

‘Elvis The Man & His Music’ December 2011: Issue #94 of this very fine magazine is out now, the contents include, some great snaps of Elvis in 1971..
Essential Elvis - 25 Years On
Paradise Bahamas Style - A great article by Tony Stuchbury with Unseen Pix!
Young Man With The Big Beat
'Felton Jarvis Reappraised' is a truly fascinating article about Elvis' producer.
The article includes...
… It's the (overdub) work as much as anything that defines Elvis' '70s sound - brassy Vegas-type horns with twee string sections that Elvis seemed increasingly drawn to, and that Jarvis seemed either unwilling or powerless to deflect.
And it's that acquiescence on Jarvis' part that seems to be the bone of major contention today - that had he been a stronger personality, had he stood up to Elvis, things might have turned out differently. "He and Felton worked real good together", said Gordon Stoker of The Jordanaires. "Because everything that

Elvis came up with, Felton would say 'Yeah man, that's good. That's great" David Briggs said that Jarvis was simply in awe of Elvis, unable to see beyond the image, and Norbert Putnam pretty much agreed: "Felton was careful of Elvis. He didn't ever really criticise him ... a flat or sharp note or anything." But Chips Moman aside, neither had anybody else. And by the early 1970s Elvis was beyond taking advice or direction from anybody anyway....
- Plus a DVD review of ‘Elvis Live Live Live Vol.2 and the usual great CD reviews and news round-up.
The BEST Elvis magazine around if you want to know about our man and his music.

Go here for more info and to purchase this issue.
(News, Source;ElvisInfoNetwork)

Image :hug:

Post subject: Re: The Man and His Music!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I wanted to see if every one else felt how I felt when I read this, how the Writer of the Story Makes Elvis Sound like some one. That didn't like to have some one tell him that this was Wrong with this Song, or he didn't like Some On Give him any Advice about his Music? :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]