It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'In The Shadow Of Kings' by Donnie Sumner
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 pm 
Flame

'In The Shadow Of Kings' New Book: 'In The Shadow Of Kings' is the exciting autobiography of Donnie Sumner. The story-line is divided into thirty-seven chapters with each chapter written as a self-contained story! Having spent eight years with the legendary J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet, one year as a part of Nashville's Grand Ole Opry and six years as a constant companion and stage musician with Elvis Presley, Donnie has had an exciting life. Donnie shares his early childhood, his separation from his biological parents and his resulting childhood journeys as the son of a Pentecostal Preacher. The Donnie Sumner Story is one of intrigue, excitement, inspiration and encouragement. Many controversial questions surround the life of Elvis Presley. As a close confidante to Elvis, Donnie shares his answers to such questions as: "Was Elvis A Christian?" and "Did Elvis Do Drugs?" Having fallen prey to drug addiction himself, Donnie came to the end of his rope and in 1976 experienced a traumatic and life changing moment. Travel the long and twisted road of Donnie's career along with him as he unfolds the stops along his journey. Now traveling nation-wide as a minister and Christian music artist, Donnie proudly proclaims that in Jesus there is a “new life” - Join Donnie as he recalls his memories spanning over five decades of musical performance.

(Source Elvis Info net)

Post subject: Re: 'In The Shadow Of Kings' by Donnie Sumner
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Liliane, this Book Sounds Really Great. I will have to see about Buying it, Thank You for Sharing. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, thanks for posting about the book- I met Donnie only once, and that was
so brief, among several others also meeting him. All I ever got to say to him was
"So glad to meet you" and I think I said something about his voice adding a lot to the background mix on stage. Elvis never talked about him that I can recall, in
any of our conversations- if he did, I don't remember it. He seldom spoke about
any of them by name, unless something was happening, like someone was getting a divorce or had been ill-that type thing. Toward the last months he said a few
things about some of the guys, and said he didn't know which ones he could trust anymore because of the loss of trust he'd experienced from a few.
That book ought to be really interesting from Donnie's view...
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I read more on this book on Amazon, and I will be trying to get this Book. :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]