It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: ELVIS DAY BY DAY
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:20 am 
The book "Elvis Day by Day - The Definitive Record of His Life and Music"(by Peter Guralnick and Ernst Jorgensen) is a very special one. From April 25, 1912, Gladys Birth until 2nd October 1977 the whole history of Elvis` life is covered in a very good style , with terrific photos and many many surprises.

You can spend hours with this book and enjoy!!
I can really recommend it highly!

Elvis` spiritual and humanitarian side is also given good attention.

Christine

(Printed in USA 10/99 www.randomhouse.com/BB/ ) :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That was me, sorry
Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Christine,

I could not find it in the website you indicated. Under what epigraph is it, if you remember it?

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda,

Here is an Amazon.com link to the book. Is there a Spanish Amazon? I don't know, but this will give you some idea about the book. I've considered getting it as well, though I do not recommend Peter Guralnick's "Careless Love". "Careless Love", altho' good for names, dates, & places, does not show the loving humanitarian side of Elvis.
But Day By Day sounds more like a good historical listing of daily events & trivia; plus E. Jorgensen has such a wealth of knowledge re Elvis' music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034542 ... 49?ie=UTF8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Laurie.

I'll find out.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:24 am 
Hallo Amanda, here is some more information written on the back sleeve of the book:
Ballantine Books, The Ballantine Publishing Group, New York, NY 10022

I hope this will help you :)

Yes, Laurie, I also don`t recommend "Careless Love" by Guralnick! It`s somehow too negative for me, so I read only parts of it, and just four days ago I threw it in the waste paper!! Imagine, me throwing away an Elvis-book. But it felt right for me.
I decided to keep only the Elvis books which I really love and which make me think about them positively!
(The book "Last train to Memphis" by Guralnick is a lot better, so I keep it :) )

"Day by Day" is really very informative and beautifully designed.

Christine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This was my post....

One of the books that I will always keep with me :D is "Photographing the King" by Sean Shaver. Not because of the photos but because it is fascinating to read his story how he managed to watch hundreds (!) of Elvis` shows and how he managed to take thousands of photos (which was not allowed because Sean was a professional Photographer). Very funny and full of love an admiration
for Elvis he tells his story.

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:08 pm 
Peacock

Anonymous wrote:

Yes, Laurie, I also don`t recommend "Careless Love" by Guralnick! It`s somehow too negative for me, so I read only parts of it, and just four days ago I threw it in the waste paper!! Imagine, me throwing away an Elvis-book. But it felt right for me.
I decided to keep only the Elvis books which I really love and which make me think about them positively!
(The book "Last train to Memphis" by Guralnick is a lot better, so I keep it :) )

Christine

i have heard of these books also. many say it is THE book on Elvis and a must read. but after hearing about it i decided it would only mess with my head :roll: . i mean, i don't wear rosed colourd glasses, as some fans say. i just think somethings should stay private. and also, all the reseach in the world cant't give this guy an insight of what Elvis felt or did!

Quote:
"Day by Day" is really very informative and beautifully designed.

i have seen fans quote from it. it dose have some errors. somtimes dates dosen't match.

love, maral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
One of the books that I will always keep with me is "Photographing the King" by Sean Shaver. Not because of the photos but because it is fascinating to read his story how he managed to watch hundreds (!) of Elvis` shows and how he managed to take thousands of photos (which was not allowed because Sean was a professional Photographer). Very funny and full of love an admiration
for Elvis he tells his story.

I agree! A beautiful book. My favorite of Sean's books though, was his last one (I think) called ELVIS IS FOCUS. Some wonderful stories in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for bringing it back Sue as "forgetful Frannie" here seems to have missed it on the first go around. :oops: :roll: I will be checking out the aforementioned books based on the glowing recommendations of my dearest angels. :wink: :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]